Become a Patron!

How to clean brass kennedy deck

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My kennedy deck has become a dark color on the inside how would one go about cleaning this up iv done soap and water and vodka bath

69c602db2f856015ccb0246793837787.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup thats my next step im just not to keen putting polish on the inside of the deck

I always run my devices through a cycle in the ultrasonic once I've polished them.

Also the brand I use for the Copper Cream and Brass Cream is Wrights, it's formulated for cookware and is non toxic. I won't use any petroleum based cleaners for my Vape gear.

Heck I've even started using the Copper Cream to clean up my coils, give them a good rinsing and then run them through a cycle in the Ultrasonic. I really, really does an excellent job.

Also gonna let it soak in water and vinager for awhile thanks r055co

That should help, use a high concentration of Vinager and if you've got a crockpot let it sit in the hot solution for an hour.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always run my devices through a cycle in the ultrasonic once I've polished them.

Also the brand I use for the Copper Cream and Brass Cream is Wrights, it's formulated for cookware and is non toxic. I won't use any petroleum based cleaners for my Vape gear.

Heck I've even started using the Copper Cream to clean up my coils, give them a good rinsing and then run them through a cycle in the Ultrasonic. I really, really does an excellent job.

That should help, use a high concentration of Vinager and if you've got a crockpot let it sit in the hot solution for an hour.
Will do thanks again

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will do thanks again

NP

If you use the pickle method make sure not to use Zinc in there, even to scoop them out, use plastic. It'll have a reaction, if mistakenly you do just use another solution with hydrogen peroxide added. This will be the same if you have Silver in there and use SS.

A hot pickle is good for removing heat flashing, it's typically used by jewelers after soldering to remove the scorching from the torch.
Anyway take a gander at this article, it'll explain it a bit more in details. Don't get put off with it though, it's a good way to remove the black heat markings on your deck -

https://shoeboxstudio.com/2014/03/17/gah-pickle-turned-my-silver-and-brass-pink/

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yes, by about 25%. don't let it soak too long and rinse with very hot water.

VU Sponsors