Become a Patron!

how to clean setup?

krikey

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an MVP4 mod with a Triton mini tank. Yesterday I was taking a long walk and put my setup in my pocket with a bunch of other things. I've done this many times before without thinking about it. Well after the long walk I noticed my pocket was really hot. Took out my vaporizer my mod was burning hot and my juice was all gone. So basically I figured the button got pushed on my mod continuously and sapped up all the juice. From now on I'll be sure to turn my mod off before putting in my pocket...lesson learned.

So today I switch out the coil and put more liquid in and I'm still getting a burnt taste.

I figure my Triton tank needs to be cleaned but I've never cleaned it before besides putting it under some water. So far I've taken a Qtip and taken a bunch of black stuff out. This has helped but hasn't fully removed that burnt taste.

Can someone let me know a easy way of cleaning my setup?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have an MVP4 mod with a Triton mini tank. Yesterday I was taking a long walk and put my setup in my pocket with a bunch of other things. I've done this many times before without thinking about it. Well after the long walk I noticed my pocket was really hot. Took out my vaporizer my mod was burning hot and my juice was all gone. So basically I figured the button got pushed on my mod continuously and sapped up all the juice. From now on I'll be sure to turn my mod off before putting in my pocket...lesson learned.

So today I switch out the coil and put more liquid in and I'm still getting a burnt taste.

I figure my Triton tank needs to be cleaned but I've never cleaned it before besides putting it under some water. So far I've taken a Qtip and taken a bunch of black stuff out. This has helped but hasn't fully removed that burnt taste.

Can someone let me know a easy way of cleaning my setup?
Before I got an Ultrasonic Cleaner I used hot soapy water and an old toothbrush. It worked well but now I just love my Ultrasonic Cleaner. I run all my new tanks through it at least 3 times just to get any possible machine oil or contaminants off of it. If I'm cleaning a tank I have been using I run them though the 3 minute cycle 5 times. I did a review on the Coilmaster one but there are a ton of others out there. Here's a link to my review.

Coilmaster Ultra Sonic Cleaner
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/322529/

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Since the Triton tanks don't fully disassemble, I do not recommend using dish soap in it.
I clean mine by rinsing them really good under hot water. Then I put them in a cup of hot water fully emerged and let them soak for a little while. You can also soak it in Vodka. Then I take them out (rinse again if you used the Vodka) and let them dry before reusing.
If the coil got burnt, throw it away you'll never get that burnt taste out of it.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Before I got an Ultrasonic Cleaner I used hot soapy water and an old toothbrush. It worked well but now I just love my Ultrasonic Cleaner. I run all my new tanks through it at least 3 times just to get any possible machine oil or contaminants off of it. If I'm cleaning a tank I have been using I run them though the 3 minute cycle 5 times. I did a review on the Coilmaster one but there are a ton of others out there. Here's a link to my review.

Coilmaster Ultra Sonic Cleaner
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/322529/

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

So 15 minutes to clean an atty..... soap and hot water takes like 30 seconds.

What's the advantage of ultrasonic cleaning?

Sure they are cool gadgets.... but really why?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So 15 minutes to clean an atty..... soap and hot water takes like 30 seconds.

What's the advantage of ultrasonic cleaning?

Sure they are cool gadgets.... but really why?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
From what I've read it's a much deeper cleaning process that gets into all the little nooks and crevices that a traditional cleaning process will miss. Whether that's true or not, I have no idea. I'm not a scientist. I will say that I rinse all my stuff in hot water before I put it in the ultrasonic cleaner. It all looks clean to the naked eye but after a few cycles the water in the ultrasonic cleaner is not nearly as clear as when I started. Take from that what you will and do what works for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
+1 for the ultrasonic cleaner. Use hot water and it will clean your attys a treat and can even bring back coils from the dead. I usually leave mine on a 15 minute cycle which is about perfect. One thing to note with the coilmaster USC is that you can only run very short cycles, 3 mins I think, so although it’s super cheap you would have to run several cycles depending on how gunked up your attys/coils are.
Ultrasonic cleaners use ultrasound to generate millions of microscopic bubbles which implode on themselves and really chews away at crap buildup . Plus you don’t have to mess around scrubbing with a toothbrush so it’s much easier too. You can also buy solution when cleaning only metal parts which really kicks things up a level. When I first bought mine I tested it on an old 1982 penny and it looked like new after 15 minutes.

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VU Sponsors