Become a Patron!

How to clean your premade coil heads?

ImYou

Member For 3 Years
Hey all, Im using tfv8 x-baby tank I've been using it like 5-6 days now I can see some gunk. I'm about to buy rba for x baby soon, but as right now using 2 coil heads that came with it.

What's your guys methods for cleaning your premade coil heads?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Soaking in alcohol.... Might help.. If they aren't too dirty you'll get a extra run or 2. But they are disposable coils, you know. Most of the time you end up tossing em...... My method for cleaning coil heads is to replace them with an RBA.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Moved from coil building section into help section

As Honda said soaking in Vokda and leaving to fully dry before use can do it but to be honest the pre mades have a shelf life on purpose to keep you buying them ;)

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I use unflavored moonshine, 140 proof or higher. Leave it in a bowl or something of it overnight, in the morning run it under some hot water but not super hot, dry 'em off real good and let 'em air dry for a good while, should be able to squeeze a little extra life outta 'em. Course that's alot of trouble for a disposable coil that I am usually too lazy and impatient to bother doing that, but meh.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Reminds me of when I was a painter. We used to buy $1 disposable rollers from the dollar store. They did the job they were supposed to. At the end of the day, we tossed them out and used a fresh one the next day. Reason is... In man hours it cost more to clean it than buy a new one, not to mention the paint thinner, and the cleaned roller never did work like it was supposed to on the 2nd day. So.. buy new coils and drink the moonshine. LOL. Or switch to a rebuildable. It is easier to make a new coil than try to clean on old one. When I switched from a vape pen to rebuildable RBA (rebuildable coil head) I used Kanger toptank mini. It was very similar to my vape pen, but also I could get more fog and flavor as I wanted it.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Early on when I was using disposable coils, I tried all kinds of methods to clean my coils and it never worked. I would just replace it.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I never bothered cleaning my replacement coils, when I was utilizing them. I rebuild them (wire and cotton) myself. There are plenty of " How to" videos on YouTube that show you, how it's done.

VU Sponsors