Become a Patron!

How to disassemble sbody macro 75?

I got sbody macro 75 yesterday.The pin is not in the central space because the bad quality control.

I plan to disassemble it to fix this problem.Then I unscrew 2 screws as below:

After that, I still cannot pull the black part out.Is there more screws I missed?

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The only way to "fix" it is to replace the 510 pin completely. The center pin is inside an insulating O ring, the O ring is compression fitted into a metal tube on the outside of the 510 which is your negative. Below the center pin there is a spring of some sort. So the problem is, to remove the center pin and insulator and spring, then compress the O ring back into place inside the 510 negative assembly, all the while, not breaking off the red positive wire attached to the center pin or black negative wire attached to the negative casing AND not letting the red and black wires touch anywhere. Rather like a wheel bearing on a car, you need a special compression tool to properly mount all the parts together. (You can mickey mouse it, but it will not last long).
Best thing is use a small screw driver to move the center pin a bit. In other words.. if it isn't broken, don't fix it.
That said, sometimes there is a plate inset into the opposite side of the mod, the side you didn't show, with screws underneath and covered by a decorative plate. Which will bend if you try to pry it off. OR it could be your 510 pin screws into the body, creating another mount.

Any mod WILL come apart, the issue is replacing parts once you get it apart.

VU Sponsors