Become a Patron!

how to elimitate HARSH throat hit.. please help!

i received the snow wolf 75w an aspire triton 2 sub ohm tank with pre installed .5 ohm clapton coil (40-455). i am using nicotine free e juice and have the air vents open only slightly. i have the resistance set to .5 and range from 5w -25w in power mode.

im very new to vaping and have been reading nonstop for the past two days, trying to understand what feels like the foreign language of vaping. As of yet my effort are futile.

i desperately need help. i cant get a decent hit to save my life. the throat hit is excruciatingly harsh and produces little to no vapor. what am i doing wrong? my focus is on vapor rather then flavor and no throat hit would be ideal. thank you!!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could be the pre-installed coil, or maybe the coil is not saturated enough, like Shark said , maybe more details?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
What is the PG/VG of your juice? ... Sounds like your PG high

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Are you going from smoking or just tootle puffing flavor to be cool?

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your still very new to vaping, it could just be that you need time to adjust to it. For me personally, I had the harsh throat hit no matter what juice I used, no matter what coil or wattage or whatever. After about 2 or so weeks the throat hit went away and I was able to vape direct to lung really easily.

What helped me when I first started was getting as much airflow as possible. Id open the airflow up wide on the tank, and then even have the drip tip loosely on my lips so some air would get in on either side of it when I inhaled.

Itll get better, just stick with it. High VG % juice will help.

VU Sponsors