Become a Patron!

HOW TO FIX BATTERY AFTER A SHORT SWIMMING SESSION WITH IT.

You guys are going to love this.

I just bought the eleaf i just s a week a ago, and i had had very few complaints. So I go out with my friend at the park and he decides to drag me to this semi-steep cement area bordering a huge lake. So we chill, we smoke, we listen to music, all the ordinary stuff you'd do.

I lay my phone on top of my belly and lay my head down in comfort of the moment, and just as i raise myself to get something out of the backpack, i see my phone gliding down towards the lake like some sort of nightmare. So I do the stupidest shit and jump after it, only then to realize that *spoiler alert* the vape was in my pocket still.

Long story short, when i get to my mate's house, i open the backpack and i notice that some sort of smoke or vapour(not sure) was coming out of the vape, so i disconnect it from the atomizer as quickly as i can, since i knew it had shorted. Now I have an ijust s battery that charges, but doesn't start at 5 cllicks (or at any for that matter). Any advice? Hope the 4th of july wasen't as shitty for you guys :p

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry that happened, wow:(
It's called vape (not Smoke)
Smoke coming out of your Ijust is dangerous!!
For me, any battery that has gotten wet, I don't trust, (although others might disagree)
I have heard that with cell phones, people have placed them in a bag of rice for a few days , as that has been said to dry out electronics.
BUT...If it is firing on it's own I would get rid of it, no way would I trust it to be safe.
Hope you have a back up and welcome:wave:

jjdell

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmm, chuck it. It aint worth using something that may have a damage problem that could cause a big problem further down the track. My misses, ahh my little anything electronic destroyer, borrowed my Tesla 100. Like her Aio Ego and her mobile phone X2 my Tesla got drowned by yet, precious little thing she is, another drink in her handbag that "oooh, i must have forgot to do the top up". Nah, cant bring myself to trust drowned electronics that use rechargeable Li or Lipo batteries.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have alot of respect for mooch
but I have done the rice trick on my IPV d2 and it has worked perfectly fine for over a year since.
it does help absorb water. it may not be the most effective method, but it does not hurt in my expereince
Let's just put it this way. Letting a fan blow air across it works more perfectly finer. :p

VU Sponsors