Become a Patron!

How to get replacement coils

Pablo Pantalones

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So anyway, I recently bought a joyetech device, with an Ego-C upgrade better and joyetech tank. However, I was on vacation when I bought the device and don't know how to get replacement coils now. Can I just buy the replacement coils from any store, or do they have to be specific joyetech coils? How do I know which type of coil I need to buy?

Thanks and I appreciate the help!

How long can I expect the parts to last/ how should I time to buy new parts? I just bought one battery, thinking I might try to upgrade later on to a more powerful device.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What is the name of the tank you have?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
However I'd seriously think about getting a better tank because with the money you'll spend on those heads you can buy a freakin' Nautilus or something.

Pablo Pantalones

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmm thats interesting. Are you sure I can't use this package? -

http://www.joyetech.com/product/details.php?gno=102

Comes out to about $4 per head.

The one you put seems to include the whole assembly, including the base and cover (the cover also holds liquid).

The one I have -

http://www.joyetech.com/product/details.php?gno=150

Seems to include the base as well as the cover, if I can figure out how to take it apart.

Which other tank would I be able to use with this battery, or are they proprietary?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have anything similar to your device so I can't say anything for sure, but even $4 a head seems pretty extreme for what looks to me to be a very old fashioned style carto system, but whatever keeps you off the skinkies is fine with me. If your battery is compatible with ego or 510 then you should be able to use it with just about anything except for sub-ohm tanks which simply require more wattage / voltage.

Pablo Pantalones

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well it says -

"Universal accessories:
● 510, 510-T, eGo, eGo-T, eGo-C atomizers"

So it looks like it's compatible. Guess I'll use it for a bit and try some new tanks down the line, and see how long I can last on one atomizer head (I use about 2 ml of liquid per day right now, I think.) and I'll see if I can stretch it.

It looks like the atomizer model is a few years old, so perhaps there's better models out there now.

Anyway, now I've gotten started vaping, most importantly, getting used to the whole thing and learning more, and will soon learn how to improve the experience, so it's all good :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well it says -

"
It looks like the atomizer model is a few years old, so perhaps there's better models out there now.

Anyway, now I've gotten started vaping, most importantly, getting used to the whole thing and learning more, and will soon learn how to improve the experience, so it's all good :)

As fast as vaping technologie has grown over the past couple of years, this tech is rather dated but still functional which is all that really matters as long as it keeps you off of the stinkies.

If you want a good, reliable but inexpensive clearomizer to use with the battery, try these...

http://www.vapingme.com/authentic-kanger-t2-2-4-2-6ohm-clearomizer/

And these...

http://www.vapingme.com/kanger-t2-sunfire-70mm-long-wick-replacement-atomizer-coils-5-pack/

You should be quite happy with them.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh god anything but those machine oil tasting mini heads of fail.

Pablo Pantalones

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Interesting - what about the battery? I was simply told to pick up an ego battery - is that battery dated too? Or sufficient for now?

That link with the clearomizer looks way better, will upgrading that make the biggest difference?

I can see how the wick in there would be definitely better/more efficient, and much cheaper to replace...guess I'll toss the tank once the atomizer head fails.

Pablo Pantalones

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It does appear like the battery is slightly dated, but good enough. I guess the Ego-C "Twist" is the most modern version of this, but the Ego-C upgrade is pretty close and I think will be good- upgrading the atomizer will be the most key I guess, once this one runs out, then perhaps try a variable voltage mod once I get the chance.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It does appear like the battery is slightly dated, but good enough. I guess the Ego-C "Twist" is the most modern version of this, but the Ego-C upgrade is pretty close and I think will be good- upgrading the atomizer will be the most key I guess, once this one runs out, then perhaps try a variable voltage mod once I get the chance.
For a back up that battery is pretty kick ass.
For an ADV many will find it falling short as time goes on. Istick, mvp or any of the half a dozen others would fit the bill.

VU Sponsors