Become a Patron!

How to read wire information?

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've got a spool of coilology multi strands fused Clapton wire, nichrome80 and it says "2-28/9-38/36". I know one of those indicates number of core wires and their gauges, and the other is how many wires are wrapped around the core. I'm trying to mess around with my coil builder app and figure out a build based off of the information I enter, so I need to know the above wire info please? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i think thats a framed multicore fused clapton. that means there is a bundle of 9x38 gauge, framed by two 28g and wrapped in 36g. seems pretty nice for a premade coil imo.

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i think thats a framed multicore fused clapton. that means there is a bundle of 9x38 gauge, framed by two 28g and wrapped in 36g. seems pretty nice for a premade coil imo.

I found a video that explained it. You're right. Just a question, is there a benefit in having all those core wires instead of a thicker single wire? I've been shopping for pre built spools for a while and I really have no idea what difference they all make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a question, is there a benefit in having all those core wires instead of a thicker single wire?
in some cases it is a benefit, in others its just different. generally, the more complex the wire, the 'better' it vapes, but there is a point of diminishing returns...try everything you can and you will find 'the best' (for you).

VU Sponsors