Become a Patron!

how to sample juices?

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lets say I wanted to go to a juice vendor or an event and I wanted to test some juices. I only want to bring a mech mod and 2 rda's max. Would I have to make a micro coil and change out the cotton for every flavor? Or is there a better method?

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They usually have testers set up - use a condom for the tips. :)
What should I do if they dont have testers? Also, can you explain the condom part. Thanks

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most BMs I've been to have test clearos filled with the liquids they sell, half of which have burnt coils and taste godawful.

My advice is, get youself a cheap, small RDA such as the Smok Dripper RDA and use it to sample the juice out of the bottle, and not out of a clearo everybody and their dogs have sucked on. These things cost less than $10, and are among the best-tasting drippers on the market.

EDIT: oh and yes, no microcoil or cotton change needed. Just wrap a plain-jane coil on a short silica wick (my fav setup is 5 turns of 32 ga Kanthal over a 3 mm silica wick - about 1.5 ohms) and drip 5 drops max. Provided the previous flavor isn't too strong or too "sticky", you can switch flavors in 2 charges at the most - i.e. 2 x 5 drops.

Last edited:

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Most BMs I've been to have test clearos filled with the liquids they sell, half of which have burnt coils and taste godawful.

My advice is, get youself a cheap, small RDA such as the Smok Dripper RDA and use it to sample the juice out of the bottle, and not out of a clearo everybody and their dogs have sucked on. These things cost less than $10, and are among the best-tasting drippers on the market.

EDIT: oh and yes, no microcoil or cotton change needed. Just wrap a plain-jane coil on a short silica wick (my fav setup is 5 turns of 32 ga Kanthal over a 3 mm silica wick - about 1.5 ohms) and drip 5 drops max. Provided the previous flavor isn't too strong or too "sticky", you can switch flavors in 2 charges at the most - i.e. 2 x 5 drops.

Does dry burning with silica get rid of previous juice flavors? I want to be able to taste the unadulterated flavor of multiple juices at events.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does dry burning with silica get rid of previous juice flavors? I want to be able to taste the unadulterated flavor of multiple juices at events.

Well, let's see:

1/ Dry-burning a clearomizer coil - depending on the particular clearo - can take quite some time to do right. At any rate, more time than you'll need to switch flavor in your RDA.

2/ The juice in the clearo is often itself spoiled: either it's been burnt, or it's been sitting in there for months.

3/ Good luck convincing someone that you're gonna dry-burn their clearo head. I sure wouldn't let you do it if you asked me.

4/ No matter how good/fresh a clearo is, it's only a clearo. You'll taste the juice much better in a dripper.

5/ I ain't using no clearo that's been used by someone else unless I can let it sit overnight in ethanol, condom or not. What tells me the last guy who sucked on it didn't have the flu and blew or spat in it too? No. Way. Jose...

Just bring your own dripper. Or several drippers, if you insist on sampling several juices immediately and you don't want to wait to switch in a single dripper. You'll sample the juices properly, safely, and it won't cost you an arm and a leg.

EDIT: Or did I misunderstand? Did you mean dry-burning your own RDA's coil to kill the old flavor and make way for the new one? You don't need to do that. Just drip the new flavor in, and the old one will go away. To make the switch faster, run the old flavor a bit dryer, but no need for something drastic like dry-burning.

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, let's see:

1/ Dry-burning a clearomizer coil - depending on the particular clearo - can take quite some time to do right. At any rate, more time than you'll need to switch flavor in your RDA.

2/ The juice in the clearo is often itself spoiled: either it's been burnt, or it's been sitting in there for months.

3/ Good luck convincing someone that you're gonna dry-burn their clearo head. I sure wouldn't let you do it if you asked me.

4/ No matter how good/fresh a clearo is, it's only a clearo. You'll taste the juice much better in a dripper.

5/ I ain't using no clearo that's been used by someone else unless I can let it sit overnight in ethanol, condom or not. What tells me the last guy who sucked on it didn't have the flu and blew or spat in it too? No. Way. Jose...

Just bring your own dripper. Or several drippers, if you insist on sampling several juices immediately and you don't want to wait to switch in a single dripper. You'll sample the juices properly, safely, and it won't cost you an arm and a leg.

EDIT: Or did I misunderstand? Did you mean dry-burning your own RDA's coil to kill the old flavor and make way for the new one? You don't need to do that. Just drip the new flavor in, and the old one will go away. To make the switch faster, run the old flavor a bit dryer, but no need for something drastic like dry-burning.

I was talking about my own dripper. Can I use cotton on my rda to do this? Or is there a better wicking material to do so? And coil types? Like the vaping donuts I see people talking about

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was talking about my own dripper. Can I use cotton on my rda to do this? Or is there a better wicking material to do so? And coil types? Like the vaping donuts I see people talking about

Sure you can use cotton. I just prefer silica myself for durability reasons, but your wicking material of choice will work fine. It's true that, with cotton, all you have to do to get rid of an annoying flavor is pull the wick and install a new one. It's quick, but I find it just a bit too messy for my taste on the road.

As for coils... I suppose a simple coil will work better if you intend to change wicks often.

VU Sponsors