Become a Patron!

How to shut off Sigelei j150 auto shut down?

Lovemonkey3833

Member For 4 Years
So after 10seconds of puffing the j150 shuts off. How do I turn this off or extend the puff for at least 15-20 seconds instead of 10? Thanks for your help.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
10sec auto cut off is a safety feature if you want to vape longer simply pulse at 8 seconds off then on and go for longer

Lovemonkey3833

Member For 4 Years
Trying to make a vape-grenade? Please don't.
So if you do that it blows up? Can any mods last more than 10seconds? It's just not long enough for me. Want to take a full hit. What about the expensive mods like SX Mini G, Sx Mini Q, Lavabox DNA 200, Lost Vape DNA250, Luna V3DNA200? I mean if they cost that much money should be able to do that, scratch my back, wipe my ass and all that jazz...;) Guess no one can mod a mod like rooting a cell phone? And can you change the amps on this one? It's always about 4.2-4.4 which seems low and would maybe explain why I need to take such a big hit, or is it self adjusting based on the coil? Would think it would be somewhere between 5.5amps and 6.5amps. Would love it if it was manual, maybe not explode-able per coil but minor adjustable so that you can increase/decrease the power delivery. That would be nice as it would help fine tune flavor vs. clouds and be able to get more of both possibly. Ah well...Should probably learn to build a coil first.....hahahah. I'm a confessed gear slut though so fuck that!

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not familiar with the j150. Assuming it's a 150w mod, pulling between 4 and 5 amps would be ridiculously low with any coils I use. You sure that's not the volt reading? Or are you using high resistance MTL stuff? My wife MTL's and can make it to the cut-off. I DL and about 6 secs is all I can manage. In normal vaping, I'm under 3 secs.

And the 10sec cut-off is to keep it from accidentally auto-firing and overheating the batts, causing venting and/or thermal runaway, resulting in fire or explosion.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My goodness
I can only do 3-4draw
10 fucking seconds is more than enough... if you don't want this safety feature
Research on aN
UNREGULATED MOD OR A MECHANICAL MOD..

I

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My goodness
I can only do 3-4draw
Research on aN

I

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My goodness
I can only do 3-4draw
Research on aN

I
Fuck NO!
You certainly don't want to be abusing batteries like that ESPECIALLY with a mech.

If the OP wants more Vape they need a hotter coil

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So after 10seconds of puffing the j150 shuts off. How do I turn this off or extend the puff for at least 15-20 seconds instead of 10? Thanks for your help.

Most regulated devices all shutdown in the 10 to 15 second range. This is a safety feature put in place so that the device isn't autofiring forever if put in a pocket or purse and something wedges against the fire button to cause it to fire. Your only option is to double pulse each time, I do this with most my low powered devices with my Kayfun tootle puffing tanks, 6 to 8 second first pulse, let off and inhale, second firing pulse while exhaling first hit out of my nose. Sub-ohm higher wattage vaping if you are needing over a 10second pulse you might need to up your wattage or upgrade your tank/atomizer to produce more vapor and with more airflow to get your satisfaction. Unless you you know what you are doing with electricity, I'd suggest researching Ohm's Law, types of battery configurations, and several other aspects including the types of tanks/atomizers that are best used with a mech especially they bottom positive pins need to protrude or need adjustable pins, especially with a direct to battery connection mech like the SMPL and others.

Mechs are considered advanced for a reason, drop it down from 5th gear and slow it down to do your research before going mech.

Lovemonkey3833

Member For 4 Years
Tobeco Super Mini Tank. Tried the ones it came with .2 and .5 Tobeco Kanthol coils. Then tried Vapresso CCell .5 SS coil, then Vapresso CCell NI200(which was burnt the whole time, didn't work and I changed it the right way as well so guess it was bad to begin with, funny thing is I asked for the Stainless .5 coil and they gave me the NI200 .9 coil. Fucking dicks!)Just got a OBS TCVT for $5 today and put in the .25ohm coil it came with, and it's way weaker than the CCEll coils, which I thought where weaker than the Tobeco coils. So far like the Tobeco .2 the best. But maybe now If I go back to the .5's they might taste better for the Tobeco ones. Cause the .2's are definitely too weak now! I blow a full tank in 20 minutes! On the OBS It says to vape between 10-50w. Well at 80watts it still doesn't taste good then after 80 starts to taste burnt. On the CCells it burns after 40watts for the Tobeco tank.
I'm taking, almost always, a full 10 second hit.

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tobeco Super Mini Tank. Tried the ones it came with .2 and .5 Tobeco Kanthol coils. Then tried Vapresso CCell .5 SS coil, then Vapresso CCell NI200(which was burnt the whole time, didn't work and I changed it the right way as well so guess it was bad to begin with, funny thing is I asked for the Stainless .5 coil and they gave me the NI200 .9 coil. Fucking dicks!)Just got a OBS TCVT for $5 today and put in the .25ohm coil it came with, and it's way weaker than the CCEll coils, which I thought where weaker than the Tobeco coils. So far like the Tobeco .2 the best. But maybe now If I go back to the .5's they might taste better for the Tobeco ones. Cause the .2's are definitely too weak now! I blow a full tank in 20 minutes! On the OBS It says to vape between 10-50w. Well at 80watts it still doesn't taste good then after 80 starts to taste burnt. On the CCells it burns after 40watts for the Tobeco tank.
I'm taking, almost always, a full 10 second hit.
Christ, what did you do when you were smoking? Take two drags and the entire cigarette was gone?

Lovemonkey3833

Member For 4 Years
Nah, but I smoked almost 2 packs a day, and I would smoke 1 bogie in about 2.5 -3minutes where as everyone else would take 5-7 minutes to smoke. Where talking outside on breaks at work, not chillaxing at home vegging out on the couch or anything. It's like this thing is unsatisfied in me. Like you have a hunger that can't be scratched. There is no full feeling I get from vaping these guys, just learned though that the mod might be busted.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nah, but I smoked almost 2 packs a day, and I would smoke 1 bogie in about 2.5 -3minutes where as everyone else would take 5-7 minutes to smoke. Where talking outside on breaks at work, not chillaxing at home vegging out on the couch or anything. It's like this thing is unsatisfied in me. Like you have a hunger that can't be scratched. There is no full feeling I get from vaping these guys, just learned though that the mod might be busted.
Get some 18-24mg nic, that will stop the chain-vaping.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get some 18-24mg nic, that will stop the chain-vaping.

Yep, I'd say get 18mg and sub-ohm it. Guy I work with when he started Vaping he was double fisting with a Stinkie and a Vape MTL with 24mg. He started sub-ohming with 12mg and 18mg DTL, that got him off the Stinkies. He was a 2-3 PAD before he started Vaping, he's now down to 6mg and transitioning to 3mg.

So I'd say go the same route, up the nic with 0.24Ω - 0.5Ω coils, that'll help you a lot. You can start dropping the nic level down a bit after a couple months.

VU Sponsors