How to steep e-liquid?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - Guides, Tips & Tricks!' started by dunemachine, Mar 3, 2018.

1. dunemachine

dunemachine New Member

Blog Posts:
    I plan to buy Tmaxx's No Frills mLs juice when my current batch runs low, but it says that you have to steep the liquid yourself. I've looked online and found several methods for steeping e liquid, but what works well for you guys?

KarmicRage likes this.
  2. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    For tried and true recipes, I just do time in a cool, dark place. I don't use the various rituals like heat or ultrasonic. For a new recipe, I'll try some right after mixing, then throw it in the closet and sample periodically after that.

jojosvapes and dunemachine like this.
  3. dunemachine

dunemachine New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the tip! How long would you normally keep it in a cool, dark place?

gopher_byrd likes this.
  4. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    It depends on the flavors used. Custards, creams, and some bakeries need a week or two. Fruit only flavors are shake and vape. That's the great thing about DIY, I always have juice ready to vape. I haven't bought pre-made vendor juice for almost 3 years.

Dimples and dunemachine like this.
  5. jojosvapes

jojosvapes Drippopotamus VU Donator Bronze Contributor ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Yep good ole father time....

dunemachine and gopher_byrd like this.
  6. dunemachine

dunemachine New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hmm.. being the impatient bastard that I am, I’ll probably just spend the few extra bucks for juices that are ready to go.

7. li_vaper21

li_vaper21 Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I usually keep glass bottles in the back on my drawer for about a week or so.
    Every day or every other day I will open the bottle to let it breath for a few.
    close it back up, (obviously) and shake it up to see the bubbles.

dunemachine likes this.
  8. Jimi

Jimi Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    When I am in a real hurry I use a crock pot 4 hrs @150 degrees. If not I let time do it's thing

dunemachine likes this.
  9. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I am currently using a desk lamp with an incandescent bulb to heat my DIY e-Liquids to about 100°F which Speeds up infusion and I can have e-Liquids ready to vape in 48-72 hours depending on the flavor. I have used the hot water method and can have e-Liquids ready in 4-5 hours like @Jimi

dunemachine likes this.