Become a Patron!

How to use vape starters kits?

calebson

Unlisted Vendor
Hi friends how are you.. I here to just want to know which vape starters kits are good for beginners? Lots of online platforms are there who provide different vape product that is very confusing. Please help me to select the right vape starter kit.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi friends how are you.. I here to just want to know which vape starters kits are good for beginners? Lots of online platforms are there who provide different vape product that is very confusing. Please help me to select the right vape starter kit.
Everybody's different and wants different things. Some people want small, low powered devices, with high milligram (salt) nicotine liquids. Others want huge tanks on big box mods blasting 100W+ at their coils. But a lot of vapers are in between those groups and love flavor above all else. I do a little bit of everything.

I started on an ego pen with a poly/carb clearomizer. It didn't produce much vapor at all. I bumped it up and got a 20W mod and still wanted more. I started getting regular box mods and tanks (both RTAs and subohm). "Finally, a satisfying vape" is what I thought.

Some people will reccomend MTL (Mouth to Lung) stuff. They take drags off of their vapes like a cigarette. Some people do it and love it but I aint trying to mimic smoking. Vaping is different to me. I still use some MTL stuff because I like variety. I couldn't be satisfied tootle puffing all day long though.

You didn't ask my story, I know :D. I'm just trying to give you a bit of insight. Were you a heavy smoker?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU :cheers:

If you smoke and want to quit, most at least start (and maybe stay) with mouth to lung (MTL) since it mimics a cigarette,, vs the DTL (direct) vaping method. MTL vs DTL

Don't think of it as a kit. 99% of the time a kit (mod + atomizer) has something less than what the user wants or likes. Buying separately allows for customization and personal preference.
Unless it winds up being a pod type device, and should be refillable since the non-refillables are going away soon. Most have built in short runtime battery although there's a few that use external batteries.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wouldn't look just at beginner's kits. Ther are so many other vaporizers that you might try. I personally started with Dr.Dabber Ghost Vaporizer pen (). I'd say it's good for beginners - it's a low-heat vaporizer pen, good for oils and waxes.
This isn't that kind of vaping forum, though. We're about vaping nicotine to stop smoking.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One important thing IMO about "starter kits" is that the types of vaping products that are marketed as such are very often cheap and low quality, underpowered devices. Some people don't need a higher wattage device to be able to get a satisfying vape, but others certainly do, as there exists no such thing as a one-shoe-fits-all solution in the vaping universe, and, due to the simple fact that a higher power vaping setup will typically be more expensive if you want the quality to be the same, there exists a heavy bias against high wattage vaping, almost everywhere around us. I'm not pointing any fingers, but... you'll know precisely what I mean about bias the moment you bump into exclamations of it [high wattage vaping] being "wasteful" and/or "not about loving flavor above all else" being touted around, and being touted around everywhere till hell freezes over twice.

Although primarily driven by cost, this bias actually is amplified by a large number of vapers who, at the time when they were switching from smoking to vaping, didn't have the chance to try high wattage vaping because high wattage vaping didn't exist yet. Instead, these people switched from smoking to low wattage vaping, successfully, and, low wattage vaping is what they'll very often recommend, because they were successful. Those who weren't as successful are easily forgotten. Those people aren't here because they all went back to smoking. But, at the time when, personally, I, switched from smoking to vaping, high wattage vaping did exist. So, when talking about beginners who want to stop smoking by vaping nicotine, which is what we are talking about, this puts me in the position to be able to say I'm the guy who was a beginner at the time when I switched from smoking to high wattage vaping and be able to share my own personal first-hand experiences about that. That is, very much unlike those people who switched to vaping at the time when high wattage vaping didn't exist. They don't know what it's like for a beginner to switch from smoking to high wattage vaping, yet, despite this, they still keep recommending low wattage instead. Think about that for a second.

That being said, I recommend that you don't follow the bias. Do yourself a favor by doing a fair comparison between all different vaping styles. MTL, firmly restricted DL, medium/loosely restricted DL, near-unrestricted DL... small/average/big clouds... these are the basic types, see what you like, you should be able to go from there, and ask specific questions on each.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So you're a marketing head at an ecig company in Canada and want to know the best starter kits?
Is something wrong with that?

EDIT: You should thank him for asking... :p

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
NYX ECIGS - YOUR ONLINE SOURCE FOR VAPES & E-CIGARETTES IN CANADA

Bwhahahaha!!!

I am Groot. I am Groot. ... *nodding* I am Groot.

Bafooy, bubbagump? Bubbagump!

Yes, I had posted a slew before. This is just simpler and more readily comprehended.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors