Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well first off, hi!

Short bio,
- I'm 31, married, have 2 children and 3 step children
- I've smoked for 9 years and recently quit for vaping
- this isn't my only foray into vapes, I tried it a couple years ago. It went well until my little girl ran into my side and broke my Ego.

Well, not sure what else to add so, bye!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Congrats on quitting! Nice intro, direct and to the point :)

Hope you enjoy your time here, lots of good people around.

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well thank you! I've been wanting to get back into it and finally just went for it last Thursday.

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good for you! So, what'd ya get??
6323492da5c2eadddb359d48ef13bec0.jpg

I doubt that image loaded correctly. I picked up a CE4. Blue cartomizer over dark blue battery. I like it as a starter, but it's making me think cigarette too much.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
If you need any help, just ask. We are all in this for the same reason.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
6323492da5c2eadddb359d48ef13bec0.jpg

I doubt that image loaded correctly. I picked up a CE4. Blue cartomizer over dark blue battery. I like it as a starter, but it's making me think cigarette too much.

I like the blue. If it's keeping you from smoking, then it's working! Many people like that type from the beginning and stay with them. I still use a couple similar to that from time to time. If you do decide you'd like something a little more powerful, less "cigarette" there are TONS of options lately. Some really cool stuff out. Some wayyyy too advanced for me, some that allows even me to feel like a brainiac, lol. I will warn you, it can become a hobby to many. We get shiny-itis, flavor chasing and cloud chasing. Me, I like flavor, enough power to feel like a cigarette and to keep me away from them.

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU.
If you need any help, just ask. We are all in this for the same reason.
Thanks. I've been researching mods and details all weekend.

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like the blue. If it's keeping you from smoking, then it's working! Many people like that type from the beginning and stay with them. I still use a couple similar to that from time to time. If you do decide you'd like something a little more powerful, less "cigarette" there are TONS of options lately. Some really cool stuff out. Some wayyyy too advanced for me, some that allows even me to feel like a brainiac, lol. I will warn you, it can become a hobby to many. We get shiny-itis, flavor chasing and cloud chasing. Me, I like flavor, enough power to feel like a cigarette and to keep me away from them.
That's the thing, being removed from it for a couple years I figured I may have to start the curve all over again, but it's feeling a tad stagnant. I was down to 6% nicotine before, but I started last week with an 18% 65/35 mix. I've been looking at istick 30 watt mods and the 10 watt mini.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think you'd be pleased with that. I have the 20 watt and really, really love it. A lot of people really like the 30. Just stay away from the 50watt. Those had issues.

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think you'd be pleased with that. I have the 20 watt and really, really love it. A lot of people really like the 30. Just stay away from the 50watt. Those had issues.
Yeah I noticed that via YouTube. As for the tanks the Nautilus mini stands out to me but I'm not sure what else would be interesting. I like the Nautilus mini for work day capacity and adjustments.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been using the Nautilus mini/iStick 30 for several months now. I like them.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah I noticed that via YouTube. As for the tanks the Nautilus mini stands out to me but I'm not sure what else would be interesting. I like the Nautilus mini for work day capacity and adjustments.
I think that would be a great way to go. IF you decide you want to go further, you can. It's a perfectly good set up as is! I've always heard great things about the mini Nautilus. I still use Protanks and have a rebuildable Lemo Drop.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ecig.com has a sale on right now. The iStick 40 is $26, free shipping and put in the code 404happens and get another 10% off. They also have the Nautilus, don't remember the sale price on it right now.

$17.53 for the Nautilus mini -10% with code = $15.78

Last edited:

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ecig.com has a sale on right now. The iStick 40 is $26, free shipping and put in the code 404happens and get another 10% off. They also have the Nautilus, don't remember the sale price on it right now.
The only thing pushing me away from the 40 is the temperature settings.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't had any issues with mine, kinda giving you an idea of battery life, but I think the 30 is a solid choice.

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't had any issues with mine, kinda giving you an idea of battery life, but I think the 30 is a solid choice.
I appreciate it. When I buy anything of value I research every bit that I can to make sure it's worth it

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty sure you can use the 40 watt without the TC turned on.

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

$17.53 for the Nautilus mini -10% with code = $15.78

OK I just took another look. That's cheaper than what I got last week including the price of the juice!

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been using the Nautilus mini/iStick 30 for several months now. I like them.
Do the 2 pair up well? I saw the 30 is the only istick with that kick lip and I just wonder how well the mini sits.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
WP_20150913_21_19_06_Pro.jpg
Here is a picture of the full size and the mini on the 30watt. I don't use the full size, but I had a new one to take a picture of. I like the mini.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey if your just getting into vaping again after so long great place to do research is fasttech. They have a huge community and do a lot of reviews. You might decide to order from them bc there prices rock but FYI shipping takes 4ever.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey if your just getting into vaping again after so long great place to do research is fasttech. They have a huge community and do a lot of reviews. You might decide to order from them bc there prices rock but FYI shipping takes 4ever.

I've been researching for around a week now ( my wife is tired of hearing the videos). I'm planning on a ~$50 investment and in the past couple days the Kanger has been looking pretty good. I heard a lot of mixed things about the eleaf 30w, but the worst thing I've seen of the subox is the occasionally shaky battery cover. Knowing how I am about having the ability to try new things whether or not I actually plan to, having that extra wattage is very inviting.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I upgraded from the aspire vv cf to the subox I like it a lot. I got a sleeve for mine so np with battery door and fits like a glove. If you plan on getting into building rbas def go for it. It took me about an hour to get kinda good but my advise when wicking is less is more.

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I upgraded from the aspire vv cf to the subox I like it a lot. I got a sleeve for mine so np with battery door and fits like a glove. If you plan on getting into building rbas def go for it. It took me about an hour to get kinda good but my advise when wicking is less is more.

Yeah I like tinkering so rebuilding sounds sorta interesting. Somewhere I found a link to an etsy shop that make crocheted mod covers. Not exactly my style.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well they got silicon sleeves for 1.80 on fasttech also extra rba heads for 6.50/ 2.50 for clone I got 2 clones were decent just had to flange the air hole to tightin the post. Also I like 26g wire easy to work with.

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well they got silicon sleeves for 1.80 on fasttech also extra rba heads for 6.50/ 2.50 for clone I got 2 clones were decent just had to flange the air hole to tightin the post. Also I like 26g wire easy to work with.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely be looking into rebuilds, just not quite yet

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Little update : just ordered my unit. The Winner? Kangertech subox mini kit! I spotted someone last night with one at my son's football practice and I definitely prefer the looks of that over the eleaf 30s flip lip.

So... Yeah. Thanks for the help folks. I think I'm going to like it here.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to V/U. Kick your shoes off and stay a while.
Kick my shoes off? I'm already in pj's and stealing the remote.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello and welcome to the forum :) !

VU Sponsors