Become a Patron!

Howdy from South East Gulf coast of Texas!

What's up everyone? Names Dave.

I've been kind of lurking on here for a while now, especially since I've started dripping and (re)building RDAs/RDTAs, which was a few months back. I've made a couple of posts already, but just realized that I have posted in intro!

Anyway, I've been vaping off and on for a few years now, but just recently (about 4 months ago) got serious about quitting smoking. I have been growing tired of the taste, smell, price, and overall nasty bad habit, for quite some time now. 4 months ago, I was a pack and a half a day smoker. So after doing a bit of research, I decided to buy another vape, except this time I wasn't going to buy one of those cheap little pen vapes. I jumped straight into an unregulated squonk/drip mod. I immediately reduced the number of cigarettes I smoked a day by more than half, with each day getting better and easier than the one before. After having the Kangar Dripbox for about a month, I decided I wanted more power because the cravings were starting to come back. I was so pleased with squonking, that I bought the next step up, the kangar dripbox 160!

Holy hell! Was that thing awesome! Along with the replaceable decks that you could buy at the shop, it also came with an RBA velocity style deck with pre-installed fused claptons. I didn't even bother with the replaceable one. I popped that RBA deck on, asked the guy at the shop to show me how to wick it, juiced her down and started vaping.

Those Clapton's really intrigued me, so I went and bought a spool of twisted Clapton's and started teaching myself how to wrap my own coils.

I only had that mod for about a month and a half before my buddy asked me if I wanted to buy a used snow wolf for $60. I sold the drip box and took the money I had, and went and bought the snow wolf. After that, I went to one of my local shops and bought a couple of different RDAs. One of them was the bunker RDA, and the other was a Goon clone.

I found, after wrapping and wicking my first set of coils for the bunker, that it was very restrictive, air flow wise. I vaped on it until I got home and built some coils for the Goon. It didnt take but maybe 3 pulls out of the Goon, to figure out that I loved this RDA!

After starting to build lower and lower ohm coils a month after getting the snow wolf, I started doing research on mech mods and batteries, and about a week later bought one.

I've been vaping on my mech for a solid month now, and have been building stainless coils around .07-.1ohms. As I continue to vape, I find the need to build that low to get that good throat hit, because THAT feeling is what keeps me from smoking cigarettes.

I'm dripping at 3mg now, and occasionally fill my TF-V8 up with 0mg nic. I still smoke a cigarette or two a day, but there will be times where I go two or three days without one. I can't wait for the day that I smoke a cigarette for the last time, but my girl smokes, which makes it hard sometimes. I'm currently working on convincing her to start vaping, but it's proving to be a daunting task.

But for now, I'm just going to perfect building basic coil setups until I feel like starting to take on the basic advanced builds. I want to work my way up to building some exotic stuff, but I'm taking baby steps.

Thanks for taking the time to read this long ass introduction, and I look forward to talking with any and all of you at some point!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome and congrats on cutting down on the smokes. Nine months without a cigarette as of today :)

P.S. you can convert Goons for squonking: magnificent :blowkiss:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!

I love my squonkers, I only have 6 with two more on the way on the slow boat from China... I hope you have quality batteries since you build so low on a mech. Check out the Battery Junkies sub-forum in the Builders Corner for battery info.

Welcome to VU!

I love my squonkers, I only have 6 with two more on the way on the slow boat from China... I hope you have quality batteries since you build so low on a mech. Check out the Battery Junkies sub-forum in the Builders Corner for battery info.

I did tons of research about batteries before building below .25 ohms. And yes, I use the batteries that I feel are best for super sub ohm mech builds. Also, I rarely chain vape, and if I do I don't do more than 4 pulls of 2 seconds or less. I have gotten my batteries a little more than warn, but nowhere near a temperature where the would vent or explode. Safety is my top priority.

I'm actually thinking about building a single 18650 unregulated box mod, and use the left over space for a 15ml plastic juice bottle. I'll be putting either the Kennedy 24 V2 or the tsunami 24 on it. I kind of miss squonking!

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's up everyone? Names Dave.

I've been kind of lurking on here for a while now, especially since I've started dripping and (re)building RDAs/RDTAs, which was a few months back. I've made a couple of posts already, but just realized that I have posted in intro!

Anyway, I've been vaping off and on for a few years now, but just recently (about 4 months ago) got serious about quitting smoking. I have been growing tired of the taste, smell, price, and overall nasty bad habit, for quite some time now. 4 months ago, I was a pack and a half a day smoker. So after doing a bit of research, I decided to buy another vape, except this time I wasn't going to buy one of those cheap little pen vapes. I jumped straight into an unregulated squonk/drip mod. I immediately reduced the number of cigarettes I smoked a day by more than half, with each day getting better and easier than the one before. After having the Kangar Dripbox for about a month, I decided I wanted more power because the cravings were starting to come back. I was so pleased with squonking, that I bought the next step up, the kangar dripbox 160!

Holy hell! Was that thing awesome! Along with the replaceable decks that you could buy at the shop, it also came with an RBA velocity style deck with pre-installed fused claptons. I didn't even bother with the replaceable one. I popped that RBA deck on, asked the guy at the shop to show me how to wick it, juiced her down and started vaping.

Those Clapton's really intrigued me, so I went and bought a spool of twisted Clapton's and started teaching myself how to wrap my own coils.

I only had that mod for about a month and a half before my buddy asked me if I wanted to buy a used snow wolf for $60. I sold the drip box and took the money I had, and went and bought the snow wolf. After that, I went to one of my local shops and bought a couple of different RDAs. One of them was the bunker RDA, and the other was a Goon clone.

I found, after wrapping and wicking my first set of coils for the bunker, that it was very restrictive, air flow wise. I vaped on it until I got home and built some coils for the Goon. It didnt take but maybe 3 pulls out of the Goon, to figure out that I loved this RDA!

After starting to build lower and lower ohm coils a month after getting the snow wolf, I started doing research on mech mods and batteries, and about a week later bought one.

I've been vaping on my mech for a solid month now, and have been building stainless coils around .07-.1ohms. As I continue to vape, I find the need to build that low to get that good throat hit, because THAT feeling is what keeps me from smoking cigarettes.

I'm dripping at 3mg now, and occasionally fill my TF-V8 up with 0mg nic. I still smoke a cigarette or two a day, but there will be times where I go two or three days without one. I can't wait for the day that I smoke a cigarette for the last time, but my girl smokes, which makes it hard sometimes. I'm currently working on convincing her to start vaping, but it's proving to be a daunting task.

But for now, I'm just going to perfect building basic coil setups until I feel like starting to take on the basic advanced builds. I want to work my way up to building some exotic stuff, but I'm taking baby steps.

Thanks for taking the time to read this long ass introduction, and I look forward to talking with any and all of you at some point!
welcome, Victoria TX native. now in Nixon TX

VU Sponsors