Become a Patron!

HOWDY!

PREACHERMAN

Member For 1 Year
I truly am a Baptist Preacher, but I love tobacco; Winston, Snuff, Cigars, Pipe, etc.

I did not start Vaping to Quit tobacco - I started Vaping as a hobby - cool gadgets, good taste, and something I could do with my Wife (who is not a tobacco user) - but I have indeed cut way down on my cigarette usage since I started Vaping!

We (my Wife and I) started our vaping with the modest of equipment (you know, like you did) - now we have tons of goodies! We also enjoy "Chasing Clouds" - we are both retired and are having a load of fun tasting the flavor of our vapes and blowing clouds!

I will be asking lots of questions here - because I truly love input from others about any hobby we get into.

Any way, I am 60 years old and would like to make Friends here - so, give me a "HOWDY" back!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the forum! We're happy to have you, and feel free to ask anything you like. We have a ton of folks here who know a little bit of everything. ;)

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Are you also the son of a preacher man? :D Sorry couldn’t resist Haha Welcome aboard glad to have you with us
:vino:

PREACHERMAN

Member For 1 Year
Thanks Teresa and KingPin for the nice welcome!

Teresa, I to am a "Jack of all trades and a Master at none" - seems I'll fit right in - but questions, you may regret it, LOL!

Actually the Lord calling me to Preach sorta ruined all the "Family Traditions", both on Mom and Dad's side - LOL!

Thanks again for the quick and nice welcomes!

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Welcome. Always a pleasure to add another fellow vaper to the group.

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

PREACHERMAN

Member For 1 Year
YOU GUYS MAKE AN OLE COUNTRY BOY FEEL RIGHT AT HOME - THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND WELCOMES!

How does one get messages in their e-mail if someone posts to their thread? I have not gotten any notices yet, but many of you have posted here - HELP please!

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Nice to meet ya. Yeah, the notices just happen from time to time, I have my settings to only show up if someone tags me, but usually only every now and then does it work. Though the notifications are still there for everything else up in the corner. Not sure why the email thing doesn't work every time, but there are alot of people, so that may have something to do with it? I don't know, either way glad to have you here :wave:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice to meet ya. Yeah, the notices just happen from time to time, I have my settings to only show up if someone tags me, but usually only every now and then does it work. Though the notifications are still there for everything else up in the corner. Not sure why the email thing doesn't work every time, but there are alot of people, so that may have something to do with it? I don't know, either way glad to have you here :wave:
I don't always get notifications on the site itself either

PREACHERMAN

Member For 1 Year
SkoldVape, Hillbilly Pig, I think you guys are right - from the time I posted the "HELP!", the thing started working - "A miracle!" you might say "Nah, just some computer thing!" - LOL!

Thanks for the responses to my asking for help!

PREACHERMAN

Member For 1 Year
"HOWDY!" BearHunter104!

Does being from NORTH Carolina make you a Yankee??!

The reason I ask is that when we moved to WEST TN I started saying "Howdy!", wearing cowboy boots and, a ten gallon Stetson - LOL!

Thanks for the welcome!

BearHunter104

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Gu
"HOWDY!" BearHunter104!

Does being from NORTH Carolina make you a Yankee??!

The reason I ask is that when we moved to WEST TN I started saying "Howdy!", wearing cowboy boots and, a ten gallon Stetson - LOL!

Thanks for the welcome!

NC being south of the Mason-Dixon line...reckon we would be considered red necks and good old boys. Pass the grits please...

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
How do, podna..Welcome !
How does one get messages in their e-mail if someone posts to their thread? I have not gotten any notices yet, but many of you have posted here - HELP please!
Just in case: Next to the red "Post Reply" button is "More Options".
Behind that is 2 notification check boxes. I leave the email box unchecked unless it's something I really want to keep up with, otherwise tons of emails.

Last edited:

PREACHERMAN

Member For 1 Year
Thanks Helen for the nice "HELLO!" - and yes, ole Spurgeon was quite the Servant of the Lord! He has been tagged, "The Prince of Preachers" - but sadly in this day in time, with the people we so easily tag "Christian", Spurgeon wouldn't even fill a pew.

BearHunter, you answered like a true Confederate soilder! LOL! Sorry, we had our grits for breakfast - we are enjoying a big mess of "Polk Salad" for dinner (Polk Sallet to you Northern folk) - but drop by for supper, we are having Chittlins (Chitterlings for you, well, you know....., LOLx1,000) HMMMMMM, HMMMMMM, GOOD!

"HOWDY!" to jflo69rmnp and Vape Fan also - ya'll are welcome, and everybody else too, to supper tomorrow night, we are having fresh Kracklin' Bread, LOL!

VU Sponsors