Become a Patron!

HΩ Wrecker

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I saw that sale on ecig.com last Wednesday, and changed my purchase from a Lotus LE80, to a HΩ Wrecker. I'd been intrigued but not for $199.99, $76.50 or so, I couldn't resist. USPS almost lost it, but it came today. It's pretty damn nice.

I got the Orange and Silver Limited Edition, it's totally the Prince mod, but I actually like it in person more than I thought I would. I'll try to get pics up if interested, my camera is kinda crap right now. What really matters is performance and build quality.

I've been vaping about five hours. I switched batteries at 58%, they were even and at 3.68. Seems right. Thus far I'm yet to experience any glitches or abnormal behavior. The device is built solid, and machined very well. It feels sturdy and solid. The 510 is a full pin, and the spring is pretty light, but everything sits flush with ease, and no connection issues at all. I think the light spring will put less stress on the threads. The chip and menu navigation is simple with the fourth button. It doesn't have resistance lock, but it doesn't need it since it locks it itself. It displays live temperature, too.

I've vaped a few Vectors in the .3-.35 range with kanthal, and it hits hard. Without testing equipment, basically it performs perfectly as it should. I pushed it with dual claptons at .25 pretty hard, too. Temperature control is where it gets different. As I said, it locks the resistance itself, and you can set temperature, and the full 151 watts. It also gives an initial burst of full power and pulls back once the coil is 100 degrees from the desired temp. This is noticeable, and it is pretty great. You essentially immediately have the heat you need and it pulls off. I don't know what it is, but it's definitely not PWM like YIHI chips, no rattlesnake. It's just a smoother, better TC vape. I'm using a glass cap Mutation X V3 and a regular V3 for Nickel, and a Smok TCT Pro. It really vapes amazing in temp mode. It's a combination of things, but it performs better in my opinion. The taste is there.

For what I paid I'm beyond pleased. Now, it's just seeing if the chip and all holds up. The hardware is pretty beastly, so really I think the chip is the thing to watch, it is new.

Downside would be no upgrade port, so Nickel only. I haven't tried Ti, don't plan to, and I don't have a device for SS anyway. I would like an upgrade port, but oh well.

Who else got one, and what are some opinions?

Last edited:

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I took a look at that the other day. Ecig's website had it listed for $1M. So of course, I added it to my cart. It stayed the same.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ecig put a coupon code in that took it back down to the price I paid. I think he was being a smart ass since the company threatened legal action if he didn't raise the price. He had no agreement on price, so he upped it but made a coupon. Pretty funny.

I vaped it from about 12:30 or so through the end of the day. I don't have time to provide a big write up, plus, I haven't used it enough. I will say that the thing feels solid in a way no other box I have does, and the temperature control on it is just killer. I had pretty much stopped building nickel, and I'm back now. Having the full power available for both modes is nice, and I think that initial burst the chip gives to get to temp is what makes it such a smooth TC vape. I'm not certain what it's doing to achieve it, but as I said, I really don't think it's PWM, like the YIHI chips. It's pretty drastically different.

I'm enjoying it so far. For the price definitely, I need some more time for a final verdict, but so far so good. Will play more after work, I'm not bringing my shiny new toy out for my job.

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been looking at this mod as well. Love how you called it the Prince mod lmao. The symbols on it are just bizarre but whatever, as long as it works great! Reading over its features I like the double poled circuitry and just how beefy those battery contacts look. Looks pretty rock solid and glad you're having good initial impressions!

I'm looking for a mod to grab for my Christmas present this year so I'm lining up the candidates. I'm not interested in the DNA200 boxes anymore and just want to stick to 18650 boxes. So far the Cloudmaker is on my radar, and now this one!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've been looking at this mod as well. Love how you called it the Prince mod lmao. The symbols on it are just bizarre but whatever, as long as it works great! Reading over its features I like the double poled circuitry and just how beefy those battery contacts look. Looks pretty rock solid and glad you're having good initial impressions!

I'm looking for a mod to grab for my Christmas present this year so I'm lining up the candidates. I'm not interested in the DNA200 boxes anymore and just want to stick to 18650 boxes. So far the Cloudmaker is on my radar, and now this one!
I have been and still am looking at the cloud maker, but I need to educate myself better on LiPos, and with the new YIHI chip on it's way, I'd wait to see my options. It might be a birthday present for me In a few months... We will see.

I can't take credit for the Prince mod joke, though I do get down on some old Prince, and I think I'd have probably have connected the two. I read someone making fun of it as the Prince mod, I think it's funny. If it were purple, they could call it the Purple Rain, lol. I really dig the orange, and the symbols are milled into the device, and left unpainted, or anodized, however they colored it. The symbols actually look pretty awesome, especially the contrast with the bare metal. I was worried it would be too much, but I dig it.

Anyway, just put in some batteries, gonna vape it shortly. Regarding the contacts and battery compartment, they are both nice. One thing I immediately noted mentally was that the entire mod seems to be one piece of aluminum, aside from the door and the aluminum covering the wiring. The whole thing is orange, BTW, so you don't see unpainted innards. This makes it solid as hell, good weight and feels well built, but, there is no insulation in the battery sled. My iPV's have plastic, not on this. You should be checking your batteries for nicks in the wrapper no matter what, but with this being all metal, I'm extra careful.

Some other things I've noticed are that the display reads opposite of all my iPVs, the atty is on the right when horizontal and using the screen. No biggie, just have to remember.

I wouldn't drop regular price, but the $100 range, maybe a bit more would be fine. This is assuming it keeps going well. Got a three month warranty. I don't care about no Ti support, and the Nickel works so well, there's no need. The only thing I wish it had was SS temp control. With no upgrade port, I'm gonna try to make them swap it out if they release a v2 and new firmware within the 90 days. I'm gonna get some pics up today likely. Time to stop rambling and vape. Lol

Petrus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have this coming delivery by Saturday. A couple of questions for you...
Does the battery cut off too soon? Switching the batteries at 58% seems like too soon but I guess this could be a function of the 151w pre heat? I wonder if this happens only with a nickel coill in temperature mode? Is the temperature setting correct when vaping nickel? Or is it off? I saw a review on it and the reviewer said the temp setting is off by 100 degrees. He said his normal 420 degrees on his other device, he would have to set this to 520 degrees to get the same vape. Please confirm. Thanks!

Petrus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Look into the boxer 133w as well. Its a dna 200 dialed down to 133w so it could run on dual 18650. Good reviews all around.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have this coming delivery by Saturday. A couple of questions for you...
Does the battery cut off too soon? Switching the batteries at 58% seems like too soon but I guess this could be a function of the 151w pre heat? I wonder if this happens only with a nickel coill in temperature mode? Is the temperature setting correct when vaping nickel? Or is it off? I saw a review on it and the reviewer said the temp setting is off by 100 degrees. He said his normal 420 degrees on his other device, he would have to set this to 520 degrees to get the same vape. Please confirm. Thanks!
I've not had the battery cutoff, yet. I don't really take my batteries lower than 50-60% commonly. Pretty much only if I'm testing something. Maybe I'll do that today and see how far they'll go. I don't like doing that, though. I've never seen the change battery message on all 4 of my dual battery boxes, but I have on my iPV Mini 2. It shows battery sag real time, kinda like the iPV3, but it's a bar and percentage, so you might vape for a few minutes hard, it will sag, and the meter works it's way back up. It's no problem thus far, I think it's probably just monitoring the batteries more assuming all the claimed features actually work.

I do use different settings for TC, but the device meters my attys the same as my Li, and I keep the temp around 500 + or -. In my opinion, it blows e YIHI chip out of the water for TC. That initial burst just makes it instant and smooth. I also notice this thing gets great battery life in TC. Regarding settings being off, I think you need to remember you have the full 151 watts in both modes, so that will play a big role most likely in settings. Also, my 4 and Li meter a consistent small amount off, so I use different settings between those. This one is accurate to my Li, which is good. Don't know how he couldn't get a good TC vape with ease. If you do set it differently, as long as it's consistent in it's metering and vape, I'm fine. Being a different chip that obviously utilizes a different method to achieve TC, it stands to reason it will be different. In this case, IMHO, different is good.

I hate saying this so soon, but I'm yet to experience anything strange. It performs well, batteries do seem to go in power mode faster, but I think the battery meter makes that more pronounced since it will work itself back up after vaping. And the people who got battery cutoff, I saw two, I'm guessing the chip, as it claims from my understanding, senses there's not enough voltage left available to provide the power they're setting up at. That's my assumption. People seem to run batteries much lower with regulated devices, and at a point you won't have enough charge to use the full power. Maybe in the way that YIHI chips read to 8.4 volts, but only will be putting out 7, this chip doesn't "lie" on the display, it actually cuts you off. Just a thought.

I'm long winded, but I hope I covered your q's if you have more, shoot. Verdict is, thus far, for $76.50 or whatever, it's a no brainer. For 180-200, too rich for my blood, and probably worth exploring other options. I've handled an SX Mini, and I think the quality is up there with it, so that's a thought regarding price and value. Gotta work, not bringing my new baby, so I'll vape and report back with more answers if needed.

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the write up and feed back. I picked one up from ecig last week when I got caught up in their move to a larger facility and Josh emailed me a 25% on my next order. I jumped on that and got this for $60. Should be here tomorrow. All orange and looking forward to it matched up with my crown. :D:D:D

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for the write up and feed back. I picked one up from ecig last week when I got caught up in their move to a larger facility and Josh emailed me a 25% on my next order. I jumped on that and got this for $60. Should be here tomorrow. All orange and looking forward to it matched up with my crown. :D:D:D
I think you'll be pleased. I got a 25% and email from the owner Josh, too. Awesome you could use it on the Wrecker. A manager Jorge? Called me, too. I ordered Wednesday and they informed me of the situation, gave the coupon and offered to cancel. Great customer service, and it ended up shipping the same day anyway. USPS lost it for two day, or else it would've been here Saturday. It went out for delivery and disappeared. I got it, so it's all good, and I have a 25% for my next purchase. Ecig.com is truly awesome. Great deals, and great service. They just need to offer priority, not just free shipping. I mentioned that to Josh, I'd rather pay money to get shipping than use first class.

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right on the money about ecig. I have had great customer service and the have some great deals. Priority shipping option would be a great addition. Looking forward to my new beast.

R2Chief2

Member For 4 Years
I apologize for being slightly off topic, but for those above interested in the Cloudmaker DNA 200, but don't want to use the LiPo, they are also selling an 18650 battery sled that you can swap out in place of the LiPo.

This will apparently reduce the output wattage to around 130 watts, but that's more than plenty to have both the DNA 200 board and 18650 convenience.

I finally pre-ordered a few days ago. Now the wait begins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
Waiting on my Cloudmaker as well and lately have been playing with the Hohm Wrecker and also the Ijoy Asolo. Both solid and well built but work in different ways. Love them both but got them both under $80. Hohm Wrecker is a good mod just not at $180. I'm sure you will like it!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Waiting on my Cloudmaker as well and lately have been playing with the Hohm Wrecker and also the Ijoy Asolo. Both solid and well built but work in different ways. Love them both but got them both under $80. Hohm Wrecker is a good mod just not at $180. I'm sure you will like it!

Funny thing about the Asolo. Even though I really like my IPV3 LI, I find the Asolo is usually in my hand. Can't get over how much smaller it is vs 3Li.

R2Chief2

Member For 4 Years
I wanted to buy the hohmwrecker so bad when I saw the super sale. But my will power prevailed knowing that once I have the cloudmaker in hand, I'll probably
never need to buy a new regulated box ever again.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I wanted to buy the hohmwrecker so bad when I saw the super sale. But my will power prevailed knowing that once I have the cloudmaker in hand, I'll probably
never need to buy a new regulated box ever again.

Never need to buy again, and vaping don't work together for me. Lol.

R2Chief2

Member For 4 Years
So true. But, unless I manage to totally wreck it, being able to swap chipsets and components in the cloudmaker on a whim instead of buying an entirely new device gives me the tingles in all the right places.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was thinking the same thing. If I had a nickel for every time I heard someone say once I get this (fill in the blank) I'll never have to buy another one. I'd be rich lol:p

Cheers,
Steve
So true. I can't stop. I bought two authentic mechs this week along with the Wrecker. A Munstro V1.5, and a B&C Vape Aiden mod. Both are awesome. I've wanted that Munstro since I saw it in it's stand at a vape shop over a year ago. Both are gorgeous and they both have such great switches. Oh, I got some more juice, too... I have a problem. Lol. I'm pleased with all of it, though. If I'm happy and can still pay the bills/eat, I'm ok with it.

@roadshaker you seem to likely understand "need" for more with 3 DNA's en route. Nice, lol.

@R2Chief2 I like the Cloudmaker, too. I kinda anticipate getting one. I like the idea, and if it performs well and they truly keep up with the new boards to swap out, that's awesome. I'm just waiting, with YIHI releasing the new chip, I wanna see it all shake out. See which board option is best.

R2Chief2

Member For 4 Years
So true. I can't stop. I bought two authentic mechs this week along with the Wrecker. A Munstro V1.5, and a B&C Vape Aiden mod. Both are awesome. I've wanted that Munstro since I saw it in it's stand at a vape shop over a year ago. Both are gorgeous and they both have such great switches. Oh, I got some more juice, too... I have a problem. Lol. I'm pleased with all of it, though. If I'm happy and can still pay the bills/eat, I'm ok with it.

@roadshaker you seem to likely understand "need" for more with 3 DNA's en route. Nice, lol.

@R2Chief2 I like the Cloudmaker, too. I kinda anticipate getting one. I like the idea, and if it performs well and they truly keep up with the new boards to swap out, that's awesome. I'm just waiting, with YIHI releasing the new chip, I wanna see it all shake out. See which board option is best.
I read the "new" Yihi chip really isn't all that different from the current "latest" chip.

Forgive my timeline uncertainties.

I actually think Yihi has a factory of Yihi chips that autonomously spawn new Yihi chips.

When the V2 chip got announced a few weeks ago, this was brought up in the cloudmaker forum on Reddit, and they contacted their Yihi rep, and apparently this "new" updated SX350 was specifically made for the "new" SX mini.

Geez, my head hurts.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I read the "new" Yihi chip really isn't all that different from the current "latest" chip.

Forgive my timeline uncertainties.

I actually think Yihi has a factory of Yihi chips that autonomously spawn new Yihi chips.

When the V2 chip got announced a few weeks ago, this was brought up in the cloudmaker forum on Reddit, and they contacted their Yihi rep, and apparently this "new" updated SX350 was specifically made for the "new" SX mini.

Geez, my head hurts.

It's the SS temp control that interests me, none of mine can support it. And I'm not surprised YIHI is doing that. I'm pretty sure the SX Mini has a few features not on other SX350 mods. Keep the best so they move more SX Minis. If they made a dual battery one I'd be very intrigued, and the hideous extension tube doesn't count. That new ML is ugly as all hell. Funny coming from the guy who digs a orange and silver HΩ Wrecker, lol.

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
It's the SS temp control that interests me, none of mine can support it. And I'm not surprised YIHI is doing that. I'm pretty sure the SX Mini has a few features not on other SX350 mods. Keep the best so they move more SX Minis. If they made a dual battery one I'd be very intrigued, and the hideous extension tube doesn't count. That new ML is ugly as all hell. Funny coming from the guy who digs a orange and silver HΩ Wrecker, lol.
I have the orange and silver one. LOL Also,check the Vapecige Facebook page. They have what looks like a dual 18650 SX350J.

R2Chief2

Member For 4 Years
The first time I saw that extension tube I thought it was a clever joke.

Then the asinine reality set in.

But, I do believe the new DNA 200 boards can be programmed to pretty much accept any kind of wire in which the temperature can be calculated with change of resistance. You just have to get the software. I think Yihi has similar software or has it in development.

I do know Cloudmaker is making their own arduino-based chip with open source firmware.

Eventually you'll be able to use voice commands to send a message from the mod to your wifi-enabled toaster and tell it fire that son off bitch up... Daddy needs a bagel.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have the orange and silver one. LOL Also,check the Vapecige Facebook page. They have what looks like a dual 18650 SX350J.

I really like the orange and silver, kinda surprised. I think I saw what you're talking about at Vapcige, it looked nice, but I think it looks single battery. The screen showed 60 Watts, which is the chips one battery output I believe. Maybe I saw a different one. Look nice, though.

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just received my orange hohm wrecker today and the screen has a couple of bubbles or imperfections. Is there a film on the screen that needs to be removed? Thanks.

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
I just received my orange hohm wrecker today and the screen has a couple of bubbles or imperfections. Is there a film on the screen that needs to be removed? Thanks.
Yes Most mods with screens will have a protective cover.Your choice to remove it.It is a solid mod just a little big and sharp corners like the Sig 100/150.Just read instructions and congratulations on a great mod! :D:D

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes Most mods with screens will have a protective cover.Your choice to remove it.It is a solid mod just a little big and sharp corners like the Sig 100/150.Just read instructions and congratulations on a great mod! :D:D
This... It comes off really easy. P4Y devices have the opposite. My iPV3 I got in December still has the protector on, this was off by day one. Hope you're liking it!

Petrus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got mine today. Initial impressions, cant get the door to fully shut. After inspection, one of the magnets on the bottom fell and it has helped some without one of the magnets but it still has a wobble. Upon further inspection, I think the one remaining magnet is installed wrong, hence the wobble. Opposites attract! And its preventing it to fully shut. I wish there was an easy way to get that other magnet out!!! The wobble is driving me nuts.

After playing around with it for 2 hours now, kanthal hits like any other mod that I have. Temp mode, using a freemax starre 0.15 ohm coil. Set at 600F 75w it seems under powered. My hana v200 using the same tank and coil set at 60w 500 F with a pre heat of 100w hits like dream. Need to play around with it more.

Will report back with battery life. I will contact the manufacturer about this door....

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
Sorry about that door. Hope they can fix that for you. As far as the tc experience, I suspect that the DNA preheat is influencing the smoother vape. My vapemail came in today and have 3 DNA200 to test with. Maybe crank up the Hohm Wrecker to 100 and see if that helps. TC should work only off the set temperature and watts just get you there faster. Good luck with the door!

Petrus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well 120w at 600F and it gives somewhat of a satisfying vape. Battery life is at 40% after vaping 10mls.

This one is not for me. Will ebay it once I figure out what to do with the door.

love the size, weight, look, everything, but one of the most important thing makes this an absolute no go for me... battery life.
got mine and it refuses to fire below 68% with two sets of 18650 batteries that fire down to 30-35% with my Sig 100+ and 150W mods..., are you friggin kidding me.... what device does this.
so that pretty much proves they have probably one of the most inefficient chips i have ever seen.
dont gimmie that, batteries dont have the power to power the device crap.. if it was doing proper boost you could vape a battery til it was dead because it would be upping the voltage using the available battery power.
now given that i doubt its doing proper buck also...
and that 60% barely lasted me 10ml... wtf! seriously. what mod in existence does this? none thats how many... FSK should be FBK - f'ing battery killer.
my Sig 100+ and 150 last me up to two days and this doesnt even last 10ml...

normally i start the day with fresh batteries and my Sig 150 will last me all day at .5ohm @ 50w and i dont even need to change the batteries the next morning but i do just incase....
the sig 100 and 150 dont stop outputting til around 30% battery which i am totally cool with but 68% no fracking way. goodbye Hohm tech, maybe when you get your stuff together we can talk again.

also for those with floppy battery doors make sure the battery ribbon is not folded up on top of the batteries causing the battery door to not sit all the way down. mine did that at first til i saw what it was doing.

p.s. that Clock of Insanity message instead of showing what the voltage/wattage/ohms is doing is fracking retarded.. why are you trying to hide what the mod is doing.... how about actually showing how inefficient the mod is.
good thing i got it at vaporcube for black friday for $75... it aint worth it, not even $75 if you have to carry around 2-3 sets of 18650 batteries.

VU Sponsors