Become a Patron!

I am just trying to get started. Got 100MG nic base, need the rest. Help please!

alee132

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been vaping for about 6 months now but I hit the ground running. Went from ego to mech, to reguulated mods and have built 2 of my own mods from the sx350. Anyways now I want to try my hand at mixing my own eliquid. I have been wanting to do so for a while now but the sale for $50 for a liter of 100mg nic. I like a higher vg to pg ratio. I used to like a 100% vg but learned to like about 70VG/30PG. So now I got this Nic base covered by a shirt in the fridge. But I hear that its better to store in freezer. So I am thinking of getting 4 X 250 ML amber jars and putting 3 of them in freezer and 1 in the fridge for current uses. Unless I can take right out of the freezer to use it.

Anyways, I know I need glass jars for nic storage. But I need some VG/PG base, I might as well get it at MFS where I got nic unless someone know of a better place. Also I need all the stuff for mixing up eliquid. Also was thinking of eventually making one of those magnetic mixers from a pc fan, magnets, and magnetic mixing bar, and glass cylinder. That's getting a head of myself. So here is what I need.

VG/PG bases, I like 12% nic. So how much do I need for the liter of nic. @ 70/30. VG/PG. Which btw got my nic in PG base because I heard it was better to do that way. And gotta figure most flavors are pg base as well. So I probably won't need a ton of PG. I was thinking a gallon of VG and a liter or 2 for PG for the whole liter of NIC. But also should I get all my VG/PG at once. Even if it's stored in freezer will it be ok? I mean I probably vape about 50ml a week at most. But I figure I will also end up wasting quite a bit of eliquid because of mess ups and flavors I end up not liking at all. So will it be ok getting all the base now even if it takes along time to go through. Will it stay ok till I use it all if I keep it in fridge covered so it doesn't get hit by light?

So I need the following:

VG
PG
Mixing equipment.
Flavors
Bottles with drippers and without.

So is there a place that has like a good kit for just mixing supplies. Like things to measure and mix in, syringes etc. Whats the best place and kit to get for that. Id rather get my pg/vg, flavors separate from the kit, also maybe like a toolbox to store it in. Idk, anyways, I need everything but nic, does anyone have any suggestions for me that are current. I have searched around the forums but I am looking for most up to date deals out there now.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, must be the FDA thing coming to an end that has everybody wanting to start DIY THIS WEEK..LOL My one and only suggestion is to do your research and read all of the DIY forums here. There is plenty of great information and it'll keep people from having to answer the same question a million different times. You are gonna be SHOCKED when you figure out just how much a liter of 100mg nic actually is...lol Get your buddies vaping too because you'll be giving them free juice for a year! But for God's sake...don't just make a good single flavor juice and decide that you're ready to start a juice company. It's soooooo cliche' already. LOL Seriously though...that's a looooooooot of nic you got there. Take your time and learn to be safe with it and dilute it properly. Good luck :)

alee132

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol I have no interest in starting a company lol but I see that there are actually alot of company's that do the single flavor thing and actually do good. Ok maybe they do more then one sometimes. Aka mbv. I hope to be able to make better eliquid than them one day lol. I vape premium stuff so I realize that its going to take alot of time and effort to make something that is as good as some of the premium stuff I vape currently. I don't know if its even possible. I am vaping on some Five Pawns Castle long reserve currently. I had never ordered anything of there's before but had heard all this hype about it. I would never normally spend that much on eliquid. And now that I have tried it, its great but I wonder if I wouldn't like there just regular castle long because I think this is almost overwhelmed by the oaky notes. I am going to have to try there regular castle long now. Anyways, I can do my research all over these forums and I have quite a bit and then some but I am wondering if I missed something. I just haven't found a great kit for mixing supplies which I was hoping existed somewhere out there.

alee132

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks like they have a good amount of supplies for mixing. It also looks like they are planning on making a started kit but haven't gotten around to it. It may be the best for me to piece my own "starter kit" together. Since I kinda want most things to be glass. Is that a bad thing. Something about plastic and eliquid doesn't sit well for me. I know the tanks can be eaten away by some of them and that makes me wonder if some of the plastic isn't going into the eliquid. Anyways, do you guys think its ok to have plastic equipment? I like the idea of glass but it also seems like it may break on me obviously easier than plastic.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was just kidding about the juice company man. I was just thinking about how you are going to react when it hits you how much juice that liter of 100mg nic will actually make. I would advise against a kit really. The nic is the most expensive thing about a kit. You are in better shape if you just get a couple liters of PG and VG from MFS since I'm sure you got that special they had that Joe advertised.

You will find tons of vendors on here that offer glass bottles, dropper bottles, syringes, graduated cylinders etc. Heartland Vapes comes to mind.

As far as flavorings, if you plan to mostly get your recipes off this forum, most of the mixers in the recipe threads are almost exclusive users of Flavour Arts. There are other forums, reddit and ECF where you can find more Flavor Apprentice and Flavor West and all of the other manufacturers recipes represented as well. If you plan to try a lot of different things. Keep the biggest part of your budget for buying flavors.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been vaping for about 6 months now but I hit the ground running. Went from ego to mech, to reguulated mods and have built 2 of my own mods from the sx350. Anyways now I want to try my hand at mixing my own eliquid. I have been wanting to do so for a while now but the sale for $50 for a liter of 100mg nic. I like a higher vg to pg ratio. I used to like a 100% vg but learned to like about 70VG/30PG. So now I got this Nic base covered by a shirt in the fridge. But I hear that its better to store in freezer. So I am thinking of getting 4 X 250 ML amber jars and putting 3 of them in freezer and 1 in the fridge for current uses. Unless I can take right out of the freezer to use it.

Anyways, I know I need glass jars for nic storage. But I need some VG/PG base, I might as well get it at MFS where I got nic unless someone know of a better place. Also I need all the stuff for mixing up eliquid. Also was thinking of eventually making one of those magnetic mixers from a pc fan, magnets, and magnetic mixing bar, and glass cylinder. That's getting a head of myself. So here is what I need.

VG/PG bases, I like 12% nic. So how much do I need for the liter of nic. @ 70/30. VG/PG. Which btw got my nic in PG base because I heard it was better to do that way. And gotta figure most flavors are pg base as well. So I probably won't need a ton of PG. I was thinking a gallon of VG and a liter or 2 for PG for the whole liter of NIC. But also should I get all my VG/PG at once. Even if it's stored in freezer will it be ok? I mean I probably vape about 50ml a week at most. But I figure I will also end up wasting quite a bit of eliquid because of mess ups and flavors I end up not liking at all. So will it be ok getting all the base now even if it takes along time to go through. Will it stay ok till I use it all if I keep it in fridge covered so it doesn't get hit by light?

So I need the following:

VG
PG
Mixing equipment.
Flavors
Bottles with drippers and without.

So is there a place that has like a good kit for just mixing supplies. Like things to measure and mix in, syringes etc. Whats the best place and kit to get for that. Id rather get my pg/vg, flavors separate from the kit, also maybe like a toolbox to store it in. Idk, anyways, I need everything but nic, does anyone have any suggestions for me that are current. I have searched around the forums but I am looking for most up to date deals out there now.

Great site for the flavors etc other sites are better for bottles drippers VG and PG
http://www.onestopdiyshop.com/

haha and the kicker is use the code: ECF and get 10% off
we will use ECF like a dog :)

VU Sponsors