Become a Patron!

I am new to true cloud chasing

jaytongret

Member For 4 Years
Hey guys I am not new to building low but new to cloud chasing what do y'all recommend as a setup for cloud casing and not just sony vtc4/5 mods attys and juice. Thanks guys n gals

--John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm... not really a black or white answer to this. If you ask 100 cloud chasers the question you posed everyone will have a different answer. They will vary in gauge of wire, wrapping technique, battery (sony, efest purples, mnke's 18650 or 26650), mod (copper or brass, who makes it, clone or authentic), rda (stillare, tobh, brass monkey, zenith, et al), eliquid (60vg+, some will say 50/50 is fine others will swear by 100% vg and nic level 0mg, 3mg, 6mg, et al) and that is just starting answers to this question. Just like preference in eliquid is subjective the answers you will find in clud chasing will be subjective as well. It all really boils down to what makes you happy if you think your build isn't giving good results change builds or try another atty or even the change in mod.

Now for my personal thoughts. I have a stillare and tobh both clones. When I was starting out I thought the stillare was working awesome. Got the tobh in and it makes me wonder what I liked about the stillare. I noticed when I change my build in both of the atty's I love them equally. I found that when I placed my coil in a different way and changed how I wicked my builds my clouds increased. So it has more to do with learning your particular atty and how it will respond to your tweaks to the build, where you set the coil, airflow, and voltage/wattage. There are so many things that actually go into cloud chasing it isn't just one thing. Though number one will always be safe.

Hopefully that helped some. Happy Vaping.

jaytongret

Member For 4 Years
To be honest that's the answer I expected. Just like All things vaping and building it's all personal preference.

--John

Scarey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thick wire, low ohms, good surface area on your coils, a sturdy RDA with good airflow, and a mod with low voltage drop. Aside from that, good technique.

That is about as specific as it can be refined down to.

StinkMutt57

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To be honest that's the answer I expected. Just like All things vaping and building it's all personal preference.

--John

Something else to think about. Even with a single coil build you can get some pretty awesome cloud production. Not as awesome as with some dual-coil builds but, still respectable. I have this IGO-L sitting on a Silver Bullet running a (0.66) Omh coil, using cotton wicking and I have to say it's not half bad.
26 Awg - 4 wraps and as you can see it put out is respectable.

Attachments

• IMG_34611.jpg
    IMG_34611.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_96791.jpg
    IMG_96791.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_73921.jpg
    IMG_73921.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 72

jaytongret

Member For 4 Years
Right now I am running a .08 build 22 gauge gplat build on an igo m with air flow wide open.... How ever I am going to be picking up the cloud chasers inc militia atty if nothing else so I can have pretty drilled air holes.

VU Sponsors