Become a Patron!

I call bullshit on a new so called competition 40 amp 18650 battery.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have a few off color jokes for this, but I shall refrain ;)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Being that the Purple Efest were a topic of conversation here, I thought I would post a copy of this post made by Rolygate at ECF on 7/30/14 regarding the Efest purple 3100mah battery, which echo's some of my posts regarding Efest the brand.

"
icon1.png
Efest 3100mAh battery caution

Reports have been received that the Efest IMR 3100mAh 18650 purple rechargeable battery has a continuous discharge rate well below the advertised 35 amps. It is said that the cell is actually a Panasonic NCR18650BE with a 4 amp continuous and 6 amp short-term highest discharge rating.

In theory a 0.7 ohm coil is the lowest resistance that could be used with this battery as it will draw 6 amps @ 25.2 watts. However, RBA coils should probably be around 1 ohm or higher for problem-free use with this battery due to its type. This is not a high-discharge cell and is not suitable for hard-duty applications, it is probably best used with clearos and similar.

Efest batteries do not have as solid a reputation as other brands, due to issues of this kind."

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Being that the Purple Efest were a topic of conversation here, I thought I would post a copy of this post made by Rolygate at ECF on 7/30/14 regarding the Efest purple 3100mah battery, which echo's some of my posts regarding Efest the brand.

"
icon1.png

Reports have been received that the Efest IMR 3100mAh 18650 purple rechargeable battery has a continuous discharge rate well below the advertised 35 amps. It is said that the cell is actually a Panasonic NCR18650BE with a 4 amp continuous and 6 amp short-term highest discharge rating.

In theory a 0.7 ohm coil is the lowest resistance that could be used with this battery as it will draw 6 amps @ 25.2 watts. However, RBA coils should probably be around 1 ohm or higher for problem-free use with this battery due to its type. This is not a high-discharge cell and is not suitable for hard-duty applications, it is probably best used with clearos and similar.

Efest batteries do not have as solid a reputation as other brands, due to issues of this kind."
Yes, thank you for letting everyone know. I'm personally done with Efest after this one. That's no small fudge of the numbers and could easily cause someone to get hurt!

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yes, thank you for letting everyone know. I'm personally done with Efest after this one. That's no small fudge of the numbers and could easily cause someone to get hurt!

Exactly, and agreed!

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

"
icon1.png

If this is true I don't understand how any responsible business owner could knowingly sell these to people. I do understand that a lot of business owners are in the dark on this matter, as are most consumers, that would buy/sell these. We should probably take some responsibility on ourselves and inform the retailers of the potential risks of selling/using these batteries. I, for one, will be sending messages, via the "contact us" form, on all of the e-tailers that I see selling these. Then it's up to them.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
If this is true I don't understand how any responsible business owner could knowingly sell these to people. I do understand that a lot of business owners are in the dark on this matter, as are most consumers, that would buy/sell these. We should probably take some responsibility on ourselves and inform the retailers of the potential risks of selling/using these batteries. I, for one, will be sending messages, via the "contact us" form, on all of the e-tailers that I see selling these. Then it's up to them.

I agree, that is why I speak up about it whenever I hear Efest being spoken of, especially the Purple high amp line of batteries. I was aware of Efest's janky reputation prior to the release of the Purple batts, and I tried to encourage folks to educate themselves and not believe in everything that is advertised to them, but it mostly fell on deaf ears.

Thank goodness that I have not heard of any cases where someone got hurt using an Efest battery, at least not that I know of, and I hope it doesn't take someone getting hurt before people start questioning the exaggerated claims being made by some battery manufacturers. I am not sure that we can even call Efest a battery manufacturer as they seem to in the practice of simply relabeling other battery brands.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right, they're merely opportunists, preying on uninformed consumers. If there hasn't been any injuries yet it's a miracle. Someone, somewhere, is going to lose a hand, eye, or at least burn themselves because of erroneous battery ratings.That'll make some sensational headlines and give the antis a little more ammo.

I've got a few efest around here. The latest, because of vtc5s being out of stock, were two 18650 35amp 2500mah purples and every time I put them in a mod I have to give them dirty look. I just don't trust them, maybe I should unwrap them so I wouldn't feel so uneasy. Efest has a shady reputation in my mind and I can't get past it. Even though I'm pretty sure that they're supposed to be rebranded panasonics...These are always in .4 or above setups. I don't even scrutinize my vtc5s.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Right, they're merely opportunists, preying on uninformed consumers. If there hasn't been any injuries yet it's a miracle. Someone, somewhere, is going to lose a hand, eye, or at least burn themselves because of erroneous battery ratings.That'll make some sensational headlines and give the antis a little more ammo.

I've got a few efest around here. The latest, because of vtc5s being out of stock, were two 18650 35amp 2500mah purples and every time I put them in a mod I have to give them dirty look. I just don't trust them, maybe I should unwrap them so I wouldn't feel so uneasy. Efest has a shady reputation in my mind and I can't get past it. Even though I'm pretty sure that they're supposed to be rebranded panasonics...These are always in .4 or above setups. I don't even scrutinize my vtc5s.

LOL @ "every time I put them in a mod I have to give them dirty look" , for your own peace of mind I think you should unwrap to see what they really are, at least this way you can be certain what you are working with. ;)

BIGJ541

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I have been pretty much a Vtc5 user since they came out and the vtc3 and 4 before that but I was considering buying one of theses to test it out for myself but after reading this thread I think im going to save my $ but i am curious about it. I have been waiting to see a new battery come on the market and blow everyone else out of the water............... Whats the diffrence between the black vamped and the yellow ones I herd some where one of them was sleeved in copper if so I guess that's a attempt to make it seem to hit harder than a vtc4 F%$# who knows

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

"
icon1.png

I've got a couple 20 amp 2900 Mah Efests, any info on them?

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got the lowdown on the purple Efest 35 amp. They are rebranded LG ICR18650HE2 per http://www.dampfakkus.de/akkutest.php?id=509

"This is a rebranded LG ICR18650HE2 cell. Careful: max continuous discharge rate for this cell is 20A *NOT* 35A as advertised by Efest. According to LGs spec sheet 35A is only permissible for short periods not to exceed 75 seconds."

For any really low sub-ohmers, take this as a wakeup call.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"According to LGs spec sheet 35A is only permissible for short periods not to exceed 75 seconds." 1 minute 15 seconds lol. If you take a drag for longer than 75 seconds then I am sorry but it might be time to buy one of those fog machines nitro linked. Going off the tests and LG spec sheet your fine pulling up to 35A with these unless you take a 2 minute drag. :)

Good info thanks for the link. I actually fell even better about these batts now.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's only 40A pulse not constant.

Stick with a VCT5 / 4 or Efest 30A
sony does not make 18650 batteries, so if you buy a sony 18650 it is either old, years old, or its a rewrap. Sony never sold their batteries directly to the public and discontinued making them years ago.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dear customer, thank you for your inquiry.

The 18650 type batteries are no longer manufactured by Sony.

This product was never intended for individual, public sale and are not eligible for warranty or engineering support.

It was only available to OEM makers of specific devices.

The specifications and markings on the battery may vary depending upon the OEM’s requirements. Therefore, it is difficult to determine the true manufacturer or authenticity of the batteries without physical inspection and manufacturing code research.

This type of battery is widely available on the internet market through non-authorized resellers.

Therefore, Sony is not liable for the performance or use of this type battery for non-intended purposes.

Such applications should be done at the user’s own risk.

Furthermore, any battery of this type claimed to be Sony brand may be older stock.

We apologize that we cannot offer further assistance with this matter.

Sincerely,

Media Services by Sony

copy and pasted from a reader on Redit who received this letter from sony.

BIGJ541

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's pretty interesting. I've seen pics of green sony 18650 we all know come right out of laptop batteries .

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ive discovered that a lot of the 18650 batteries come from RC Car and boat battery packs that have been opened up to retrieve the batteries inside. Most RC batteries use 3 to 6 of them inside, they are 2200 mah batteries with 3.7v and pcb's.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Got the lowdown on the purple Efest 35 amp. They are rebranded LG ICR18650HE2 per http://www.dampfakkus.de/akkutest.php?id=509

"This is a rebranded LG ICR18650HE2 cell. Careful: max continuous discharge rate for this cell is 20A *NOT* 35A as advertised by Efest. According to LGs spec sheet 35A is only permissible for short periods not to exceed 75 seconds."

For any really low sub-ohmers, take this as a wakeup call.

But that is the thing with Efest, there is something different under every wrapper ... some are LG's, some are Sony's ... its like a fuggin box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But that is the thing with Efest, there is something different under every wrapper ... some are LG's, some are Sony's ... its like a fuggin box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

That's the core issue along with overstated claims for Mah and C ratings. Quite frankly I consider those issues to be a safety concern. 18650's and 26650's haven't been made in years. The batteries we use are OEM cells with a distributors wrapper. Most of the cells come from Oem suppliers who used to sell production runs to computer manufacturers. With the computer manufacturers going to LiPO, polymer, and other battery technologies with smaller form factors, the batteries in the wholesale market and retail markets that vapers and flashlight affectionados use are old technology.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had offered up sample packs to a new battery and charger for VW machines to our community to sample and review, and most people jumped on me talking shit because the batteries use 4amp continuous output...but when I asked the makers of the VW machines I like, if the batteries would work, they said, YES, most VW machines are built with a 5 amp continuous output regulator in it....so enjoy the false sony 5120 amp batteries....enjoy charging them every two hours, enjoy having to buy 30 of them, enjoy buying recycled batteries, enjoy enjoy enjoy. I decided to reach out to a more educated source for the review of the batteries, where they were welcomed with open arms, and thank you notes. I prefer to use batteries manufactured fresh, with real labels, real certified ratings and real guarantees...

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude nobody jumped on you and talked shit. A couple people came in the thread and tried to educate you on the matter and you got all sandy in the crotch and apparently sent shitty pm's to a person and then deleted all your posts and stomped away like a 3 year old. Do you honestly think those voidhawk batterys are made by voidhawk? Are you fucking kidding me? Your one confrontational fuck.

BIGJ541

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well so much for that I'm sure for Vw and vv the VoidHawk batteries are fine we all have herd that Sony's are old tech. There's also are people like Nitro that do us all a favor and build devices to tests batteries so we all have a better understanding of what they can handle.. At the same time this thread has not much to do with any of that crap. I have been waiting for someone to release a battery that will blow all this old technology out of the water and maybe since vaping has become a billion dollar industry we might see Sony or some new co see that and design something for Sub - Ohms and vv Vw but it seems there are plenty of batteries for vv Vw so hopefully we see a revolutionary battery for sub-ohm vaping hit the market but until then I'll use my busted ass old tech vtc5 's. I almost got one of these Vamped just to try until I read this thread and another one thanks for helping me realize I should save my money

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The voidhawks were shipped on the 12th, soon as they hit the door, Ill be sending out some to Smokie but Ill need at least one other tester, is Nitro here on the forums?

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dude nobody jumped on you and talked shit. A couple people came in the thread and tried to educate you on the matter and you got all sandy in the crotch and apparently sent shitty pm's to a person and then deleted all your posts and stomped away like a 3 year old. Do you honestly think those voidhawk batterys are made by voidhawk? Are you fucking kidding me? Your one confrontational fuck.
Frog has been vaping for 90 days, He knows everything. You can't have a grown up conversation with someone that's not grown up..

Surgikill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had some guy at a vape kiosk telling me the vamped batteries were the best out there. I had already read this thread and wasn't going to argue with him that the 40 amp rating was a pulse rating.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well to be fair, a lot of regulated mods use Pulse....It would be nice to see batteries labeled with all the important info though, wouldn't it.

Surgikill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well to be fair, a lot of regulated mods use Pulse....It would be nice to see batteries labeled with all the important info though, wouldn't it.
I know that usually you won't go over the pulse even with a mech but he was trying to tell me it was 40 amp continuous and I just don't think it's a good idea to be telling that to people, especially stupid ones.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
I'll stick to my MNKE & Sony Batts :p... Efest are ok, but I'd rather pay for an actual battery, not just a purple wrap!

Jaywizzz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
IMO, the battery is branded or, rather, rebranded.

The [Vamped] battery boasts a 40amp pulse discharge, which is nothing new. The Sony VTC4 and VTC5 are already capable of doing this and going higher without any issues so long as what you're pulsing doesn't exceed the capabilities of the battery. They are also cheaper and more widely known.

Of course, test results would be nice, though if the biggest advertising point is to market a pulse rating instead of the actual amp rating (which appears to be 20amp), that's rather misleading.

Jaywizzz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've actually tried all of the batteries in question. I will say this efest 35As are not vtc 4s or 5s. They clearly hit harder than either, downside is they don't last very long. The 40As hit insanely hard. Mods get hot really quick. The vape is scorching. I can only take a 2 or 3 second pull, but I'm not a cloud chaser. I do it for fun occasionally. They hit way harder than vtc4s and 5s combined. I also IMREN 38A 18650 2500mah. They hit like a beast too. Too hot as well. I do like to taste a good custard with them on my mephisto though. They really bring out flavor, especially for custards. They are 100% for certain not sony vtcs. The imrens last just as long but you can really tell the 8A difference. Trust me. I haven't done any battery tests per say because I don't have the equipment, but vaping is believing. You can tell the difference in the intensity of the vape. No question. The 40A Vampeds have a 60A pulse rate. Out of all I like the Imrens the best. The vamped are just too hot of a vape for me. The 38A is bad, but 40 is insane. I guess all of the people who have suck and blow competitions are happy, because these bad boys kick. I like the imrens because they last just as long as sony vtc5s in between charges. I never over discharge. As soon as I feel the hit weaken, I recharge. I wouldn't want any li- ion batteries blowing up in my hand or face or pocket blowing a nut off, God forbid, PLEASE ! but, they are for real, and very much more powerful than vtcs.

I've actually tried all of the batteries in question. I will say this efest 35As are not vtc 4s or 5s. They clearly hit harder than either, downside is they don't last very long. The 40As hit insanely hard. Mods get hot really quick. The vape is scorching. I can only take a 2 or 3 second pull, but I'm not a cloud chaser. I do it for fun occasionally. They hit way harder than vtc4s and 5s combined. I also IMREN 38A 18650 2500mah. They hit like a beast too. Too hot as well. I do like to taste a good custard with them on my mephisto though. They really bring out flavor, especially for custards. They are 100% for certain not sony vtcs. The imrens last just as long but you can really tell the 8A difference. Trust me. I haven't done any battery tests per say because I don't have the equipment, but vaping is believing. You can tell the difference in the intensity of the vape. No question. The 40A Vampeds have a 60A pulse rate. Out of all I like the Imrens the best. The vamped are just too hot of a vape for me. The 38A is bad, but 40 is insane. I guess all of the people who have suck and blow competitions are happy, because these bad boys kick. I like the imrens because they last just as long as sony vtc5s in between charges. I never over discharge. As soon as I feel the hit weaken, I recharge. I wouldn't want any li- ion batteries blowing up in my hand or face or pocket blowing a nut off, God forbid, PLEASE ! but, they are for real, and very much more powerful than vtcs.

I havn't been on this forum for a while but i have to ask where do you get this info from ?

35A Ef'sts are in fact only a 30A
Sony VTC5 are in factr only 30A
Vamped 40A are only 40A pulse

See here - http://www.kritikalmass.net/battery-calculator/index.php

red6

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I found this forum looking for a longer lasting battery then my purple efest 2500 May 18650 35A

I am building a dual coil that's showing a 0.8 on my meter. And going threw 4 of them in a day. Re wick every night just because I can. Not because I have to.

The copper Manhattan with a copper Mutant X rda. I've gotten the housing and the rda pretty fricking hot but not the batteries.

Same rda and battery on a Panzer and Holy sizzle bat girl. You can't even touch the main housing after 3 hits.

I have 2 Sony vct 4 that don't last or punch near as hard as the efest.

Did I just get massively lucky and purchase 4 efest at different places across the country? And hit snake eyes on the vct 4?

These efest are dying and soon need to be replaced.

Fenrjsulfr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If the image below is truly for the VTC4, as has been said, then the VTC4 would run circles around the Vamped battery based on the current published specs. Of course, I don't recommend anyone try to push their batteries that far, but at 40amps, according to the chart below, you could do a 70-75 second pull and still be within the safe parameters of the battey. Your wick will burn up or dry up well before you're capable of doing that and in the process, you'd probably choke though it's more likely that your lung capacity would reach it's peak before you even get close.

1975195_1467956360090200_1337655898_n_zps11934713.jpg

This sub-section of the datasheet refers to constucting battery packs, up to 7 parallel 12 series. The boxes represent the maximum expected amp draw limit per number of cells/stacks in parallel from 1-7, left to right. So those 150A ratings are at 6 and 7 cells/stacks in parallel. This section also states that cells can be discharged as low as 1.5v under certain temperatures. These are very specific cases, not typical uses for individual cells. It states that protection circuits should be put in place to prevent individual cells from exceeding 30A, and lists the maximum amount of time each parallel configuration can be allowed to reach the given amperage. These would occur in a fail situation, and are not designated as a repeatable or typical operation. An individual cell can be allowed to reach a maximum of 40A for a maximum of 80 seconds before a risk of vent/fire/explosion/irreversible damage will onset. These times are not guaranteed, and these discharge states are not designed to be repeated/typical. This puts the pulse limit at 40A/80 seconds maximum. It does not imply that higher than 40A is ok, with less time, or even guarantee 40A (30~40). This is all under Section 7, entitled "Caution".

skoony

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If the image below is truly for the VTC4, as has been said, then the VTC4 would run circles around the Vamped battery based on the current published specs. Of course, I don't recommend anyone try to push their batteries that far, but at 40amps, according to the chart below, you could do a 70-75 second pull and still be within the safe parameters of the battey. Your wick will burn up or dry up well before you're capable of doing that and in the process, you'd probably choke though it's more likely that your lung capacity would reach it's peak before you even get close.

1975195_1467956360090200_1337655898_n_zps11934713.jpg
nice chart.
what boils my noodle is no where in the manufacturers data does it state that
these batteries can and should be used at the max continuous or pulse ratings.
of course people do all the time.
regards
mike

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had offered up sample packs to a new battery and charger for VW machines to our community to sample and review, and most people jumped on me talking shit because the batteries use 4amp continuous output...but when I asked the makers of the VW machines I like, if the batteries would work, they said, YES, most VW machines are built with a 5 amp continuous output regulator in it....so enjoy the false sony 5120 amp batteries....enjoy charging them every two hours, enjoy having to buy 30 of them, enjoy buying recycled batteries, enjoy enjoy enjoy. I decided to reach out to a more educated source for the review of the batteries, where they were welcomed with open arms, and thank you notes. I prefer to use batteries manufactured fresh, with real labels, real certified ratings and real guarantees...
Why do you think that Sony does not make batteries? I am curious about this claim because it surely goes against my findings

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why do you think that Sony does not make batteries? I am curious about this claim because it surely goes against my findings
Sony had sent out an email claiming that they stopped producing them and that they had never produced them for individual sale to consumers. However, just recently, a Sony representative went on a Vape Show and said they are back in production, he claimed the reason they stopped making them, was that they had to shut down their factory due to its positioning near Fukushima. After the factory there began producing batteries again, the units that were available had been promised to established electronics accounts, for the purpose of their products. They have since opened up a factory in the Philippines which at the time of the interview, was running at around 30% production and they hoped to be at 60% by winter of 2014 and in full production by spring of 2015. The batteries produced there, were intended for individual sale for us Vapers. He also said that Sony was very interested in producing for the "Vape" industry, with further product development intended solely for us. :D So good news for all the Sony fans out here.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sony had sent out an email claiming that they stopped producing them and that they had never produced them for individual sale to consumers. However, just recently, a Sony representative went on a Vape Show and said they are back in production, he claimed the reason they stopped making them, was that they had to shut down their factory due to its positioning near Fukushima. After the factory there began producing batteries again, the units that were available had been promised to established electronics accounts, for the purpose of their products. They have since opened up a factory in the Philippines which at the time of the interview, was running at around 30% production and they hoped to be at 60% by winter of 2014 and in full production by spring of 2015. The batteries produced there, were intended for individual sale for us Vapers. He also said that Sony was very interested in producing for the "Vape" industry, with further product development intended solely for us. :D So good news for all the Sony fans out here.
Yes Sony got into the LI-ion business in 2000 and that letter was corret the 18650's we love are for industrial use and High End laptops so they did not lie to the general public they never sold batteries.. Them sneaky ... Good info let me find the link to their page it is impossible to find as its Industrial Sony much like my Employer has so many divisions one does not know who or what does what or who or how or ? hahaha

:)

If you all would actually read the batteries, they don't say they are an actual 20, 30, 40 ect...amps. They all say that is what the MAX output is. You can do all the bench tests you want but that's what it is. Bench tests are not accurate because you aren't putting them in a device. They are just being tested on an Ohm Meter tha reads amps. Once they are put in higher wattage devices, the amperage goes up. The highest my batteries have read up at was 35 amps and I use the purple 18650 IMREN batteries. I had them in a regulated 200w device hooked up to an ohm meter reading amps and it changes once you start vaping it because you are drawing power instead of just bench testing them.

It's not the batteries that bring out flavor, it's the type of tank and or coil you have.

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No you are not crazy ... Efest and their unethical branding practices are a danger to the community, and themselves. It is very dangerous to tamper with accurate Amp ratings, and I am shocked that there has not been some sort of legal action taken against them, especially considering the potential for something catastrophic to happen.

As long as you stay below 20A, you should be ok, but when Sun-Vapors testing this battery at 20A, it almost went into thermal runaway. You should check out the test they ran, you can find it on their website.
I am running the efest batteries i bought from liion on eleaf and xcube2 they should be safe shouldn't they.. Didn't now about this til I read this post. I got it for my mom sure as hell don't want something to happen to her. please advise going to check the review now. Just thought liion was the safe bet because of the reviews here.....thank you beforehand.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am running the efest batteries i bought from liion on eleaf and xcube2 they should be safe shouldn't they.. Didn't now about this til I read this post. I got it for my mom sure as hell don't want something to happen to her. please advise going to check the review now. Just thought liion was the safe bet because of the reviews here.....thank you beforehand.
Most of the Efest 35amp batteries are relabeled LG HE2's I know you dont know but this is not new.. I have tons of them they are fine in your Xube II the danger with these rewraps is Mech users that wll build a.very low build and wonder why the mod is getting red hot.. The major danger with any relabled batteries as others have mentioned above is us not knowing the validity of their claims . I imagine you are not pusing your Xcube II beyond 120w give or take if not then do not worry abuot it

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of the Efest 35amp batteries are relabeled LG HE2's I know you dont know but this is not new.. I have tons of them they are fine in your Xube II the danger with these rewraps is Mech users that wll build a.very low build and wonder why the mod is getting red hot.. The major danger with any relabled batteries as others have mentioned above is us not knowing the validity of their claims . I imagine you are not pusing your Xcube II beyond 120w give or take if not then do not worry abuot it
Thank you. no not even close. A newby to all the advanced stuff just learning as I go. Was concerned for mom not even me. I have little but some knowledge. Poor ol mom tho no clue. Thank you for your quick reply...

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you. no not even close. A newby to all the advanced stuff just learning as I go. Was concerned for mom not even me. I have little but some knowledge. Poor ol mom tho no clue. Thank you for your quick reply...
No prob its so hard to search for back issues regarding batteries . I never make a commented unless I actually do what I speak on exactly.. in your case you have the Xcube II which I have and I have the Koopor and I do run Efests sometimes in them now given I never go above 130W but I have.. :)..
Just some more info for you because these devices use PWM and are not true DC to DC converters they never ever use the true amperage .. Pulse width mosulation is another issue that most do not understand.

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No prob its so hard to search for back issues regarding batteries . I never make a commented unless I actually do what I speak on exactly.. in your case you have the Xcube II which I have and I have the Koopor and I do run Efests sometimes in them now given I never go above 130W but I have.. :)..
Just some more info for you because these devices use PWM and are not true DC to DC converters they never ever use the true amperage .. Pulse width mosulation is another issue that most do not understand.
That definately includes me lol. Learning but there is just so much more info than I thought. lol...

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
dear god are they really shaped like an hour glass .. ohh god I can see th posts coming in for these
Just went to lightningvape and looked at em no theyre regular battery style just the label is what throws you off.. had to do a double take tho whit label white background does make it look that way.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

At least they state they're made by LG and are patterned after the H series. If you look at the data sheet they spec out at 2500mah 20A and there is a small change to the chemistry. Sounds they had LG make them a battery with enough changes not to be an LG but still be an LG. They do make a deal about the new Bitumen Poly seal which is also known as Asphalt - used in roads, rooftops and insulators since the beginning of modern electricity.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors