Become a Patron!

I did an experiment. I was bored.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I did an experiment today. I wrapped a bunch of coils. .9mmx.3mm nichrome 80 rectangle wire 3mm id coming out right at .21ohms in dual coil configuration. I used the same mod set at 70 watts and same drip tip for all the RDAs in this experiment. All the RDAs have horizontal coils except for the Lucid RDA that has vertical coils. All were wicked with rayon. I used Vapetasia Pineapple Express 70vg/30pg 3mg juice in all of the RDAs. I wanted to see how all these RDAs compare to each other for flavor. I can't say I was surprised with the results. The results of this test are my OPINION. Your opinion might be different and that's ok.

1. Lucid RDA
2. Drop RDA
3. Cheetah 2 RDA
4. Mad Dog RDA
5. Battlestar RDA
6. Apocalypse / Apocalypse clone RDAs
7. Goon/Goon clone RDAs
8. Icon RDA
9. Rapture clone RDA
10. Goon 1.5 RDA
11. Glass cap Goon clone RDA
12. Radar RDA
13. Dead Rabbit RDA

The Lucid has been my favorite since I got it. I think it is an amazing RDA. The I would not recommend the Lucid for a beginning builder though. The Drop is another amazing RDA. Arguably the best RDA on the market right now. Easy to build and great flavor/cloud production. The Cheetah 2 is another easy to build on RDA. Good for beginners and experienced alike. The Mad Dog has a tight build deck and is a bit tricky to build on but it's worth it. The Battlestar has a similar airflow to the Mad Dog. The Apocalypse is #3 on my list of favorite RDAs behind the Lucid and the Drop. There really isn't much difference between the authentic and the clone. The Goon and Goon clone are almost identical and are a good RDA. The Icon is another goid all around RDA. The Rapture clone is not even close to the authentic but for $6 it's ok and it's a bottom airflow RDA. The Goon 1.5 is a cloud machine! Flavor isn't bad either. The glass cap Goon clone does much better with bigger coils and higher watts but it gets HOT and the airflow is just a bit too much. The Radar has a unique and easy to build deck. If you get the coil placement just right it's ok at best. I got the Radar with my Gbox but I would never recommend anyone buy one. Last and very least is the Dead Rabbit. It's garbage! The only good I can say about this POS is it is easy to build. Other than that it's a waste of money. No suprise there.
I didn't include any of my single coil, 22mm RDAs or 30mm RDAs in this experiment. Like I said in the beginning THIS IS MY OPINION! It was fun and I won't have to do any building for awhile. I hope this was somewhat helpful.

Also, for what it's worth, 1 through 7 are all good choices for flavorful RDAs. The Goon 1.5 is ok if you cut the airflow down but it really shines as a juice drinking fog machine.

Last edited:

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You really have it out for the dead rabbit don’t you, every time I read a post where someone is putting the DR down, it’s one of yours.

Everyone has a preference, but saying it’s garbage every time it’s mentioned is a bit far fetched, I have one and it’s well made, performs well, and looks good doing it, also very easy to build on.
It’s not my favorite RDA, but it’s up there with the best I have used, I personally would have no qualms suggesting one to a potential buyer.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
You really have it out for the dead rabbit don’t you, every time I read a post where someone is putting the DR down, it’s one of yours.

Everyone has a preference, but saying it’s garbage every time it’s mentioned is a bit far fetched, I have one and it’s well made, performs well, and looks good doing it, also very easy to build on.
It’s not my favorite RDA, but it’s up there with the best I have used, I personally would have no qualms suggesting one to a potential buyer.

That's your opinion and I'm glad you like it. I obviously can't stand that piece of shit and I regret wasting money on garbage.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It's his opinion. The guy is just a dick about how he words shit. I'll tell you for sure this is not an opinion but the DR was made much better. How the drop locks into place.. it's way too stiff you have to take an oring off and it's still a bitch to put the top cap back on.

I don't want to get into an argument because this guy hates me because I like contact coils and not spaced. He's had it out for me since ecf.

The drop is not better than the DR in my opinion. Used my buddys drop today, no comparison. But it's just my opinion. I had to give the DR I was using back, my buddy let me borrow it. No hesitation I'd buy that way before the drop. I'm talking way way way before. I don't like the drop. The DR is a much better RSA than the drop is as well.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Dude did you cry after buying the dead rabbit. As bad as you hate it something went wrong. Do you not like to have your build sit high? I mean on all honesty the two are not That much different. Do you not like the length of cotton? It's only a few mm longer than the drop. Explain yourself dude.. instead of calling something a POS, elaborate on it.

I want to bury the hatchet. There's no reason to keep such A stupid feud going. I'll even say this knowing your going to bash me but that's fine and dandy. I'm not going to bash you, I am sorry for anything I've ever done to you to make you upset. I'm also sorry that we don't see eye to eye but that's just subjective. I don't hate you. I hate your attitude, but I don't hate you personally.

How bout it? Apology accepted? Maybe an apology from you? What's it gonna be bro? This is dumb.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Relax guys. Don did state twice that it's just his opinion.

Thanks for sharing your results and thoughts on your experiment. Sounds like something fun to do.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Relax guys. Don did state twice that it's just his opinion.

Thanks for sharing your results and thoughts on your experiment. Sounds like something fun to do.

It was fun. I had some coils left so I put 4 of them in my Mason Gemini on my Maxo. Holy Crap! Talk about clouds. That's the first time I put quad coils in this. All I can say is WOW!

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was fun. I had some coils left so I put 4 of them in my Mason Gemini on my Maxo. Holy Crap! Talk about clouds. That's the first time I put quad coils in this. All I can say is WOW!
Nice! I did something similar a few months ago on a cheap 24mm Herakles rda. Four coils gives a hell of a buzz even with just 3mg of nicotine!

VU Sponsors