Become a Patron!

I did everything I'm supposed to but it tastes burnt. Help

Hey guys. I've been vaping over a year. I bought some new coils (SMOK V12 Prince Max Mesh). Primed, let it sit for about 3 hours (I forgot about it). I pulled a few hits before turning it on to make sure it had a taste to it. Cut it on and started on a 60 watt. Instant burn taste. I'm talking my throat is screaming at me. What in the hell is going on? I've checked the coil, no burn spots, completely saturated. I don't get it. This is the first time I have ever had this problem. The juice I have is Candy King on Ice Worms 6mg. Is the VG too high for a mesh or what?

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately, this is a problem with premade coils. Back when I used them for convenience, I averaged like 1 in 10 that didn't wick properly. One trick with new coils that can help is to close off your airflow and take a couple strong pulls to help the juice get flowing. That might help in your case but I'm thinking that coil is toast and will likely never taste right.
This is why a lot of vapers use rebuild-able tanks. Well that, and it's a lot cheaper to replace just the wire coil and cotton,

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hey guys. I've been vaping over a year. I bought some new coils (SMOK V12 Prince Max Mesh). Primed, let it sit for about 3 hours (I forgot about it). I pulled a few hits before turning it on to make sure it had a taste to it. Cut it on and started on a 60 watt. Instant burn taste. I'm talking my throat is screaming at me. What in the hell is going on? I've checked the coil, no burn spots, completely saturated. I don't get it. This is the first time I have ever had this problem. The juice I have is Candy King on Ice Worms 6mg. Is the VG too high for a mesh or what?
Did you try dropping the watts to 25 and slowly working your way up in wattage? I find with mesh coils lower is better for the first few mls. Taste is fine from the start but the mesh just heats so much faster I have to ease into it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Taste is fine from the start but the mesh just heats so much faster I have to ease into it.

Thank you. I had wondered about how mesh vaped. Now, I know. :) Does it by chance then level out to seem a consistent heat, or does it fluctuate a bit?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
You can try poking some holes in the cotton with a pin or needle and making sure the cotton is properly wetted. That mesh is insta heat and the cotton is packed in there quite tight so burning it up and getting a dry hit is entirely probable. You may also want to consider getting an RBA deck for that thing and starting to experiment. The cost associated with rewicking are nearly nothing and you can learn to do it over time.

Did you try dropping the watts to 25 and slowly working your way up in wattage? I find with mesh coils lower is better for the first few mls. Taste is fine from the start but the mesh just heats so much faster I have to ease into it.

The recommended for it is 90-130, which is why I started at 60, but I will definitely try this. Thank you!

You can try poking some holes in the cotton with a pin or needle and making sure the cotton is properly wetted. That mesh is insta heat and the cotton is packed in there quite tight so burning it up and getting a dry hit is entirely probable. You may also want to consider getting an RBA deck for that thing and starting to experiment. The cost associated with rewicking are nearly nothing and you can learn to do it over time.

I keep checking and it seems completely saturated, but I will check out what you told me. Thanks!

Unfortunately, this is a problem with premade coils. Back when I used them for convenience, I averaged like 1 in 10 that didn't wick properly. One trick with new coils that can help is to close off your airflow and take a couple strong pulls to help the juice get flowing. That might help in your case but I'm thinking that coil is toast and will likely never taste right.
This is why a lot of vapers use rebuild-able tanks. Well that, and it's a lot cheaper to replace just the wire coil and cotton,

That is usually what I do before cutting it back on to make sure I taste the juice before trying to hit it. Thank you for the advice.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Thank you. I had wondered about how mesh vaped. Now, I know. :) Does it by chance then level out to seem a consistent heat, or does it fluctuate a bit?
With the freemax and innokin coils it's consistent, just me that needs broke in.:)

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Rule #1 Start low watt and work your way UP.
also.. check for hot legs, if your leads are not tightened properly *or a spec of metal is on the coil and hitting the power posts*

VU Sponsors