Become a Patron!

I don't seem to like as many flavors as I used to. Help!

Here's the deal: lately there has only been three or four juices that I can really vape without getting tired of them or the flavor ebbing away. Has anyone else experienced this? If I'm just a picky vaper I can live with that, but if there's something I can do about it I'm definitely open to suggestions.

The problem is that most of these juices are only available to purchase online - I haven't found any of them in my local shops. I love going shopping for new flavors, so this is frustrating. I'll test them in the store more often than not, but when I put the juice in my own vape, it doesn't taste as good. This has been happening more and more often. I have a Smok brand, by the way. I love it, but I'm wondering if it's the coils I have to use, or maybe this isn't the best brand out there for flavor extraction?

I'll wrap this up; I don't want to bore with a whole novel of my first world problems (haha) but it is getting annoying. I'll take any suggestions you throw out there. Thank you in advance!!

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had to get a rotation going, at one point I was vaping 4 different flavors through out the day. The longer I wasn't smoking the better it got. I do 2 or 3 now depending on what is set up. I still joke with my son and say my taster is broken. Guess after 30 + years smoking it takes time.

UnholiestSpork

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's the deal: lately there has only been three or four juices that I can really vape without getting tired of them or the flavor ebbing away. Has anyone else experienced this? If I'm just a picky vaper I can live with that, but if there's something I can do about it I'm definitely open to suggestions.

The problem is that most of these juices are only available to purchase online - I haven't found any of them in my local shops. I love going shopping for new flavors, so this is frustrating. I'll test them in the store more often than not, but when I put the juice in my own vape, it doesn't taste as good. This has been happening more and more often. I have a Smok brand, by the way. I love it, but I'm wondering if it's the coils I have to use, or maybe this isn't the best brand out there for flavor extraction?

I'll wrap this up; I don't want to bore with a whole novel of my first world problems (haha) but it is getting annoying. I'll take any suggestions you throw out there. Thank you in advance!!
Have you tried mixing? I had the same problem until I started mixing flavors for a bit.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I second @Raymcconn . My rotation def sits around 10 active tanks at this point. I take two to work and vape the rest when I'm home. Def don't get bored that way!

And I will toot the DIY horn. I love being able to make literally whatever flavor I want at any time. It's waaaaaay cheaper than commercial juice and the possibilities are truly endless. The diy forum is full of people willing to help you get started.

Don't give up! I know it's frustrating, especially when juice can be so expensive sometimes.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My rotation def sits around 10 active tanks at this point.

about the same for me with 15 or so different recipes steeping

Find what we like most and stick with it.

some of us mix recipe after recipe rarely mixng the same thing back to back. I have mixed some recipes more than once but I have generally vaped 10 or 20 other recipes since then

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dinner lady lemon tart for store bought and vanilla custard for diy. I just use what works instead of trying loads of flavours I hate. My mom uses menthol and I could honestly puke

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I'm one that has to have several flavors going everyday. Most of us occasionally just get a little burnt out for a day or two, then it all tastes good again. You didn't mention what gear you're using.

UnholiestSpork

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When your taste buds come back you will be picky because you get a true flavor. Me I liked less stronger tasting vapes..
Never thought of it that way. When I first started vaping I loved the melon flavors, all of them. Now I can't stand anything but that candy watermelon flavors, and only 2 or 3 of them.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most smokers only smoked 1 brand of cigarette........ most pipe smokers have 1 or 2 favorites same with cigar smokers.

Why would vaping be different?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
My thoughts on it to.
Now non smokers or very light short term smokers that took up vaping I can see the variety thing.

I smoked like 5 brands in 40+ years of smoking.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea, I have one flavor I made over six years ago that I vape 95% of the time still. Several of my friends vape it the same also. When I did smoke I stuck with one brand for 75 % of the total time I did smoke.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, I have one flavor I made over six years ago that I vape 95% of the time still. Several of my friends vape it the same also. When I did smoke I stuck with one brand for 75 % of the total time I did smoke.
Yep I have been vaping my DIY Vanilla Custard (world reknown) 90+ % of the time for over a year now.

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I avoided the whole issue by vaping only natural flavors. They do not have the same effect of overwhelming my olfactory sense. Artificial flavorings are essentially fragrance chemistry which is very powerful. The strong synthetic flavoring molecules numb the senses pretty quickly - thus flavor chasing.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is the only method I can vape any longer, store bought juice is just way over flavored, to the point of destroying taste buds. DIY or bust.
Yeah same with most DIY recipies posted. 15-20%…
And people wonder why they get vapers tongue or flavors go muted on them.
I get no vapers tongue. Vape the same flavor for months and still as tasty as it first was.

Last edited:

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I feel you. Experimenting online is expensive and hit or miss. There's a few I go back to but for the most part they're meh at best. I keep saying I'm going to DIY but haven't started yet. At least that way if I don't like something it only cost a cpl bucks instead of 40 or 60.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape 10-15 ml/day and still no flavor fatigue or vapers tongue with my ADV which is 7.5% total flavoring.

the last time I tried commercial ejuice it was like syrup to me.
And I like sweet stuff. I am a sugarholic.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I vape 20-30 ML's most days and sometimes too much of one flavor kills the taste buds. One of these days I need to try some flavorless since it is so easy to mix up a bottle of it might be good to have around but when you aren't tasting whatever it is you are vaping what is the difference?

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To be honest, most of the juices I try dont taste like what they say it's supposed to.. doesnt mean it isnt any good though. But I do get
a lot of total 'misses' that are just terrible to me.. it's all so subjective..
Also, i rotate the flavors.. i have several tanks/RDA's in little 50ml beakers (I work in a lab... lol) and put a sticky note what flavor is
in it... I even do that at work.. got some sitting on my desk..
Not very many are 'ADV' for me.. out of a few dozen i have tried, maybe 3 ADV...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't have an ADV per say but I have an EDV (Every Day Vape) which is a Tobacco Blend. I switch flavors 5-6 times a day and never more than a couple of hours on each flavor.

VU Sponsors