Become a Patron!

I dropped my Stick Prince and now that battery 'moves'

So, I've looked everywhere and couldn't find an exact answer... I own a Smok Stick Prince and have dropped it a total of three times.

The first time, after a week of owning it, I dropped it under a distance of three inches and broke the bulb glass. Nothing else. No problem. Just bought bulb acrylic and moved on.

The second time, two days later, I dropped it around 2.5 feet off the ground into concrete. Chipped the drip tip is all. Again, no problem.

Two weeks later, it fell off a small table, about 2.5 feet, on to carpet. Now, if I shake it a bit, the battery wiggles inside. The first two-three hits were ''dense and wet" but now it hits fine (probably just the coil)

I'm concerned about the battery half of the kit. The battery is loose inside and I don't know if it's a big deal or not. The battery is non-removable, so I'm already looking into two mods (AL85 & T-Priv) right now just in case.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
A broken mod is nothing to fool around with. If your sure it's loose battery I'd just dispose of it.
IMO - While AL85 may be pretty trouble fee for you, it only holds 1 battery so you can find yourself carrying extra charged battery(s) around with you. Kinda small for large atty Prince.
We see folks here with issues with T Priv fairly often compared to some of the other brand mods that have proved themselves worthy.
Have you seen anything else you like?

A broken mod is nothing to fool around with. If your sure it's loose battery I'd just dispose of it.
IMO - While AL85 may be pretty trouble fee for you, it only holds 1 battery so you can find yourself carrying extra charged battery(s) around with you. Kinda small for large atty Prince.
We see folks here with issues with T Priv fairly often compared to some of the other brand mods that have proved themselves worthy.
Have you seen anything else you like?

Well, of course I've seen plenty of mods I'm interested in, but I already have a few Smok tanks, and I like to be careful with mixing brand tanks with others.

I'm a casual smoker that was going for a Tpriv at home and an AL85 for on the go. I doubt the AL alone is very satisfying, said how small the battery and wattage is..

Are there others that you recommend?

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If the tank and the mod both have a 510 connection, they will play nice together.
Sure~
Smoant Cylon. Smoant makes good mods if you see another you like better.
Eleaf Invoke is good for on the go. Small and holds 2 18650's.
Vaporesso
Asmodus (Minikin V2)
Modefined - Sirius, Lyra, Draco
http://www.pioneer4you.com/ <--- Look for mods with YiHi chip (processor)

There's a few to check out. Other's may chime in with more suggestions too.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Regarding the loose battery, chances are the problem is not the mod, but the battery itself.
If it landed just right, the negative contact is easily dented.

Remove the batt and look at the negative end; it should be flat, not at all concave or dented.
If it looks slightly dished, that's the reason it seems loose. Replace it.

If the tank and the mod both have a 510 connection, they will play nice together.
Sure~
Smoant Cylon. Smoant makes good mods if you see another you like better.
Eleaf Invoke is good for on the go. Small and holds 2 18650's.
Vaporesso
Asmodus (Minikin V2)
Modefined - Sirius, Lyra, Draco
http://www.pioneer4you.com/ <--- Look for mods with YiHi chip (processor)

There's a few to check out. Other's may chime in with more suggestions too.

I looked into the Cylon and the Invoke, and I just might get those two. Thanks for your help.

Regarding the loose battery, chances are the problem is not the mod, but the battery itself.
If it landed just right, the negative contact is easily dented.

Remove the batt and look at the negative end; it should be flat, not at all concave or dented.
If it looks slightly dished, that's the reason it seems loose. Replace it.

The batter is non-removable, so I think I'd be better off getting a setup with a removable battery. Thank you very much though, I'll keep note

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I looked into the Cylon and the Invoke, and I just might get those two. Thanks for your help.
If you don't have batteries...there are fakes, false spec on wrappers...so buy from reputable places like...
Liion Wholesale
IMRBatteries
Illumin

...and brands...Sony VCT6 or Samsung 30Q work well in regulated mods. Best to charge them in an external charger.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There are some mods that are solid and likely to survive some drops, but are also a little bulky for on the go. Aegis Legend, VooPoo Drag, etc.

For a decent compromise of size and durability- I like most of the suggestions already made, but a few more to consider-

Smoant Battlestar- reliable workhorse, a little dated, but still attractive and comfortable. Well laid out menu.

Asmodus Minikin Boost- does not have a touch screen. Good quality brand. Costs a little more, better battery life than the above.

VU Sponsors