Become a Patron!

I fixed the popping & crackling

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I noticed that sometimes I'll get violent popping & crackling and sometimes I won't with the same juice, coils, mod & wattage.

It was mind boggling. I mean previously there'd be just a bit of crackling. Vey muted.

So I decided to look at the cotton while heating the coils.
I noticed that the popping was coming from stray cotton fibers. Towards the top of the 'cotton rainbow'.
I didn't had my scissors, so I gently caressed (lol) them into the cotton wad. Fixed.
I got home and trimmed the few stray fibers. Resolved.
These starts weren't there the first day of wicking. They sorta poked out the next day.
Apparently they were accumulating juice at the end of their tips and because they're adjacent to the coil, they end up violently popping.

So before you replaced your wick or coil or juice or adjust wattage, try trimming the wick.

I saw a lot of suggestions like upping wattage or reducing juice in rda well or changing wick and these may all be valid, but sometimes it's just a case of stray fibers.

spktkpkt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good hint. Also, while vaping, condensation happens which may lay down on your wicks while you are not vaping. If you start vaping again, the condensation may "pop" and "crackle".

Good hint. Also, while vaping, condensation happens which may lay down on your wicks while you are not vaping. If you start vaping again, the condensation may "pop" and "crackle".
Oh man; i live in Florida and the muggy is BRUTAL. and this makes so much SENSE THANK YOU. lol

VU Sponsors