Become a Patron!

I found a way to make my coils last twice as long!

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Every time I need to refill my Aspire Nautilus bvc , I put 4 drops of Ejuice down the center of the coil -and rotate it around so that the juice can soak in all around the edges fully, and my coil is lasting twice as long so far and still going!

Even though I used to put 1 or 2 drops in, it didn't change anything.. but using 4 drops does.

Now it is lasting twice as long so far and still going, and that is what I do every time I refill my tank.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i haven't found any difference between pre wetting n just letting the coil sit in a full tank for an hour.

I am on disability.. so when I am at home I am reclined a lot of the time, so I try to keep my tank 3/4 full at least so that I do not expose my coil while vaping to a place that has no liquid, and this definitely has worked for me.
I vape a lot and that is when I realize I need to refill, so I don't want to wait an hour before vaping.. so putting 4 drops inside the center of the coil works right away.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
don't you have back ups?
by the way, cdb kills coils faster than anything.

yes, I always keep 3 packs of cordials extra, but it's always best to make them last as long as the flavor is good and this is definitely working. I used to add three drops and it didn't work but adding four drops does. Who knew?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i haven't found any difference between pre wetting n just letting the coil sit in a full tank for an hour.
Me either. I see people on youtube squirting juice on the coil before they put the tank together. I've never done that and my coils work well and last a long time. The wicking material is in direct contact with liquid when you put some in the tank. I just fill it up a ways and let it sit a few minutes. I've been shining a light down the chamber to take a peek at the cotton when its possible. If it's all wet, I start breaking it in.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Proper priming and keeping a tank full is the solution to making coils last longer IMO. Putting liquid in a used coil does nothing but cause spit back in my experience. I once saw a video that showed soaking coils in e-liquid if the plastic they come in. Although I tried it once was too messy for my liking.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Proper priming and keeping a tank full is the solution to making coils last longer IMO. Putting liquid in a used coil does nothing but cause spit back in my experience. I once saw a video that showed soaking coils in e-liquid if the plastic they come in. Although I tried it once was too messy for my liking.

Usually when I need to change a coil, I don't realize it is gone bad until I am in the middle of vaping, so I don't want to wait for the coil to soak up juice on his own before I continue vaping, so it works very well for me to put a few drops down the center of the coil and then I can pop it right back in refill the tank at the same time, and continue vaping. This is a good thing to do if you don't want to wait. It is working wonderfully for me. Maybe it is just my tank or coil, I don't know.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't want to wait for the coil to soak up juice on his own before I continue vaping, so it works very well for me to put a few drops down the center of the coil and then I can pop it right back in refill the tank at the same time, and continue vaping.

That IS Priming a coil~!

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That IS Priming a coil~!

Yes but it's a quick way of priming a coil, instead of waiting for an hour while it sits in the tank while I can't bake which is what some people do instead.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes but it's a quick way of priming a coil, instead of waiting for an hour while it sits in the tank while I can't bake which is what some people do instead.

You said you put 4 drops in a coil every time you fill your tank so I would take a guess your not always using a new coil. Priming is for NEW Coils but putting 4 drops in a used coil would be flooding.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You said you put 4 drops in a coil every time you fill your tank so I would take a guess your not always using a new coil. Priming is for NEW Coils but putting 4 drops in a used coil would be flooding.

No every time I refill whether it's a new coil or not, I put four drops in and it is making them last longer and it is not gurgling or flooding. I have been vaping for several years and in this particular tank and this particular coil this works for me. I'm just saying it works for me very well and does not flood it. I know what it sounds like when it is flooded. I'll pick it right up in vape and it makes just like it always does.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
also u can clean ur coils out with water hard spray then let them dry then u can vape it again

I use an old toothbrush to clean mine.

I dry burn them a little then run them under water
Then I scrub them with the brush and wet them again
After I dry burn again just enough to dry the water off.

It's important to make sure the entire deck is dry afterward before you put new cotton in.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

It's important to make sure the entire deck is dry afterward before you put new cotton in.

This is way over my head, I am guessing you are not talking about Factory coils like I use for my tank.. that is an Aspire Nautilus bvc?

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
also u can clean ur coils out with water hard spray then let them dry then u can vape it again

I tried this once with coils like I just mentioned to @5150sick , & I ran them under water under the faucet, let them dry for 24 hours or more, and tried it, and it was no good. I mentioned it to a guy who worked at The Vape shop and he said he'd heard a lot of people try it and it didn't work for them. Maybe it depends on what kind of coil you are using?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I was talking about rebuildable coils
Stock coils can only be brought back if it's possible to rewick them.

Coyote628

ECF Refugee
I was talking about rebuildable coils
Stock coils can only be brought back if it's possible to rewick them.
I got the idea once to rebuild a smok coil for the tfv12. Once i took it all apart and looked at the guts, i decided it maybe might could be done but also that i just didnt want to at that point. That was over a year ago and i still havent done it. As to cleaning and reusing drop in coils, that is also a useless quest. Those are disposable for a reason. The trick is to figure out how to make one last as long as possible.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If you use rebuildables in the first place, you don’t have to worry about crap coils or trying to rebuild something that isn’t designed to be rebuilt.

Me either. I see people on youtube squirting juice on the coil before they put the tank together. I've never done that and my coils work well and last a long time. The wicking material is in direct contact with liquid when you put some in the tank. I just fill it up a ways and let it sit a few minutes. I've been shining a light down the chamber to take a peek at the cotton when its possible. If it's all wet, I start breaking it in.

I've been vaping for over 3 years and can't say that I have ever "peeked" at the center of my coils to make sure they were completely saturated. I've always primed the wicking windows and the center of the coil, set it down for a few minutes, came back, and dry primed it, then vaped to my hearts content.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Priming coils definitely works for me. In fact, I flood the shit out of mine, not just 2 or 4 drops.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Priming coils definitely works for me. In fact, I flood the shit out of mine, not just 2 or 4 drops.

I prime my coils before I install them by squirting it in the holes in the coil and in the center right on the metal. This way once I screw that sucker in and fill my tank one or two no power pulls and it is ready to break in. No freaking waiting to vape for me~! I have even done it to a coil hours before I installed it when I knew I would be changing it. I have seen suggestions of filling the plastic packaging with liquid so it is ready to go when you want.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been vaping for over 3 years and can't say that I have ever "peeked" at the center of my coils to make sure they were completely saturated. I've always primed the wicking windows and the center of the coil, set it down for a few minutes, came back, and dry primed it, then vaped to my hearts content.
It's become routine for the vast majority of vapers but for no good reason IMO. I remember back in the day when companies hadn't mastered the right amount of wicking material, or the tanks just sealed to tightly. People had all sorts of trouble with certain coils. But these days, the wicking in coil heads gets wet by itself in a hurry when you add liquid to the tank.

I also think its popular because it's common practice with rebuildables. I'm telling you though, if you use 70/30, and let it sit for over 10 minutes anyways after priming, then there's really no need to prime them (it usually takes around 5 minutes or under). The cotton is going to get wet on it's own just fine when submerged. I've been not-priming for years with dozens of different tanks. I rarely have coil trouble. When I do it's a factory defect, not from under priming or not priming.

VU Sponsors