Become a Patron!

I give in. I'm buying a kanger (style) product

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's very quiet in this section. Maybe that says volumes about clearo reliability.

After not using any kanger products since last year because of their terrible quality control I'm taking a plunge and about to purchase the Aerotank Mega Style Clearomizer from fasttech. Ok it's not exactly made by kanger but same thing really. I've been reading the ft discussions and many of the guys are using old stock single coil kanger heads which I'll probably do. I have a little pile of them. Some which may even work. My fingers are crossed.

Last edited:

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I LOVE my Aerotank Mega. Mine is authentic Kanger and I liked it so well I now have 3. Flavor is great, vapor is great. I also own a Nautilus and thought it was incredible until I got the Mega. I like the Mega much better. My only complaint is that it only holds 3+ml. I know the new "giant" hold over 4 ml, but I just won't look right on my SVD or V5. When I get a 26650 mod I will definitely want the giant.

OK, after all that rambling, I highly recommend the Mega! Let us know how you like the "style".

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am not a Kanger fan boy , but for the most part their product works and doesn't break the bank .

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will do cheers. Btw I put my 26650 kayfun on my nes dna and I think it looks awesome lol

KREAM

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can't speak to the mega but I have the aerotank mini and I love it. I got some of the 0.8 ohm dual coil heads to go with and this tank is kicking ass for flavor.

BigGunn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I may have to break down and get one. I've been nothing but disappointed with my Nautilus since I got it.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The Mega and the Giant are both fantastic. Id also pick up a pack of 1.0 or .8 ohm heads.. they make a huge difference.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I may have to break down and get one. I've been nothing but disappointed with my Nautilus since I got it.

It's funny really. I kinda half swore I'd never touch anything remotely kanger related ever again or rebuild a protank head. But I want to try things and so far it's getting good reviews. I know that many things got good reviews which we now know were pretty rubbish. But I believe things have moved on and improved.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i used mini protank 2's for a long time, since they came out and loved them and swore i would always use them forever and ever. then someone talked me into trying an aspire bdc. i now have 8 of them and use nothing else. metric fuck ton of vape and flavor.

sorry for raining on the kanger parade.

Reactions: jae

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
even with the new heads, I've been told by multiple people that they still get 1-2 great hits, and then back to dry hits.. not on every one.. but usually 2/5 in the pack. this is the same shit I used to deal with and used to frustrate the hell outta me.

I dont know what they were using for juice ratios but this is what is making me hesitate about getting one...The only thing I like is the look of them.. and the better airflow control.

Ive had the WORST experiences with kanger and wasted way too much $ on their terribly made replacement heads..

I just cant see the mega giving me a better vape than my rba's so I don't see the point right now but please post your opinions when you get them!

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
im gonna hold out for some Nautilus mini action.. kanger isnt bad though imo as long as you can rebuild the coils which seems to have gotten harder

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still have some mini PT2 's that I use for 12mg juice. Maybe I'm weird but I like them.

BigGunn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wanna try out some of the new BVC coils from Aspire, but then again I'm hesitant to waste any more money

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
even with the new heads, I've been told by multiple people that they still get 1-2 great hits, and then back to dry hits.. not on every one.. but usually 2/5 in the pack. this is the same shit I used to deal with and used to frustrate the hell outta me.

I dont know what they were using for juice ratios but this is what is making me hesitate about getting one...The only thing I like is the look of them.. and the better airflow control.

Ive had the WORST experiences with kanger and wasted way too much $ on their terribly made replacement heads..

I just cant see the mega giving me a better vape than my rba's so I don't see the point right now but please post your opinions when you get them!

I just finished watching rubyroo's review on the mega and it was very positive. I know exactly where you're coming from as my previous experience with kanger wasn't a positive one. She addressed that point in her video and I must say having followed her from when she first began she's a very honest reviewer and if the tank was pants she'd say its pants. Plus the ft one was so cheap. I got a spare Pyrex tank for an extra quid.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I bought the FT mega and get a mouth full of juice. Even talked to a guy at I vape while on vacation. Maybe I just got a bad one. I may be the odd person out but I love a tank that gives you those little air pops now and then. Anyone have any suggestions on a tank that will give me that plus great flavor and vape? Or how to quit flooding the mega!

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love Kanger almost as much as i love Samsung (shut up). Their Evods were the first devices where i could get a real good dose of serious flavor. Oddly i never found the Protank, Protank 2, or Mini Protank 2 to be as flavorful for some reason. I keep hearing that Aerotank is great and i'm just about sick of rebuilding all the damn time. Maybe i should jump on that train too.

VapDrak

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like Kanger is like a lottery... I still have some PT1s from a coop when they came out and some are still working and not bad but as i said it's luck. Anyhow all the reviews I saw latley are positive on the new products.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you have to nail it right,you have to get the right juice right ohms right mod...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crocky

Member For 4 Years
I just recently picked up an aerotank mega. Excited to try it to give me a break form the drippers especially when I need to grab and go on the road. Got some .8 heads on the way as well. Not a fan of having to buy coil heads again but if I love it as much as most folks then it will be worth it from time to time.
My biggest thing is airflow for me and finding a tank that fits that bill. Going to order a fogger this week and i hear the aerotank is not bad but I also have the option of drilling out the airhole.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just recently picked up an aerotank mega. Excited to try it to give me a break form the drippers especially when I need to grab and go on the road. Got some .8 heads on the way as well. Not a fan of having to buy coil heads again but if I love it as much as most folks then it will be worth it from time to time.
My biggest thing is airflow for me and finding a tank that fits that bill. Going to order a fogger this week and i hear the aerotank is not bad but I also have the option of drilling out the airhole.
The foggers used to be very awkward to recoil at one time as you had to try and get down inside it. Has it changed? If I remember right it was called the version 2 which was actually a version 3 and came with air flow control and the v3 was the second version. Lol confused?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
there is a version 4 now and I hear it is the best..
got a buddy that loves his and tried to talk me into it..
but I am a dripper and probably always will be..
that is why they made stop lights, right? :D

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
there is a version 4 now and I hear it is the best..
got a buddy that loves his and tried to talk me into it..
but I am a dripper and probably always will be..
that is why they made stop lights, right? :D
They also made 26650 drippers so you can jump them :D

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one picked out, Hobby! :p
Oh if you like packing out a dripper in cotton then you'll Lurvvve it! My big TOBH is the only dripper I actually take out when wandering round the city. I can go half hour easily without topping up.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I really want fsors moonraker.. right now I have to wait..
but I have the dripper I like, and his drip tip he made me.. :D

justaguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love the giant, I hope to get the mega as well.

Last edited:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I picked up the giant, i love it and its capacity. I have noticed that I tend to burn through my bakery flavored juices a lot faster with it, also the tank is another "half full" style tank, so you constantly have the urge to top it off. You get great flavor with it and if you can control v/w you can pump out some great clouds. It cleans really nice as well. I will be getting the mega this weekend as well, as far as replacement coils, I will only buy kenger coils, bdc replacements are a little more, but I like the idea of being able to get them at different ohms for when I use different style juices.
I only just got a notification for this.
That "half full" thing. Definitely made that way to make OCDers suffer

justaguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use a lot of juice myself.

Last edited:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lolol, tell me about it....im knocking off 7ml a day with this thing....at this point I think its best that i start DIY juicing and dripping lol
You don't make your own juice? Even if a vaper likes buying the premade ones, cz there's some nice ones out there, it's still a good idea to have a store of diy

justaguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
im picking up a gallon of premixed nic juice next weekend, then a bunch of flavoring too, going to raid the diy recipe board for some good ideas, I really want a custard cake clone to the Classified Indulge....its like gods breath, when he is giving you mouth to mouth....while he is in Jessica Alba blue bikini form....on christmas morning...with puppies....

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I found a tutorial on how to Increase Airflow in the original protank by shaving a little of 1 of the gaskets. It works but still not so great. I have decided to get a Mega also and I am very interested in these- But my Russian and Aqua are hard to beat!
Anyvape Davide & Mini Davide

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found a tutorial on how to Increase Airflow in the original protank by shaving a little of 1 of the gaskets. It works but still not so great. I have decided to get a Mega also and I am very interested in these- But my Russian and Aqua are hard to beat!
Anyvape Davide & Mini Davide
Well really it all got sorted out when they brought out an airflow control valve for the pt as it fitted all three versions. It works really well.

FyrPrf1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well really it all got sorted out when they brought out an airflow control valve for the pt as it fitted all three versions. It works really well.
LOL ... Find it funny reading- considering how much EVERYONE (ohhh, myself included- even used to put clear tape over 1 of its air-holes! LOL) used to compain how the original Protank was just WAYYYYY too airy of a vape! So, who woulda thunk just over 1 year later... how differently our views on "air" would be.. & it's importance. (however, also hard to believe- esp. w/ all its revisions & versions- IS that Protank (1) came out right before VapeBash2, which was ONLY just > 1 year ago now!? WOW, how time flies!) Anyway, @Hobby Kid I, too.. was a dedicated EVOD user- up until... they decided to go with that 'universal' coil-head thing about 6-8 months ago now & pffft.. based on all I saw/heard/experienced.. the quality & consistency of their products, (ESP. replacement coils) was going downhill as a whole from there.. & quickly! Every pk of 5 coils, had AT LEAST 2 that didn't work from the get-go... & then, even if they did, would gurgle, flood, leak.. & just kinda suck overall! Didn't feel like having to rebuild pre-made coil heads for them to work.. not to mention, didn't feel I should HAVE to w/ this type of product. Clearos... imho... are meant to & definitely SHOULD just work out of the box- w/ zero fiddling required! Clean if necessary, ..fill.. vape.. refill.. done. (if I want fiddling, I'll use a RBA/RDA) It's at that point, like you, I swore off buying anything more from Kanger, unless/until they've proven to have gotten their #(*@% together! That being said... I've tried a friends (& have now purchased).. the Evod2-glass (bdcc) T3D (bdcc) Aerotank mini & GIGANTOR (lol- Giant) WITH the newest version replacement coils- that are universal for ALL mentioned & have choices of 0.8ohm or 1ohm, considered sub-ohm coils.. or 1.2ohm & 1.5ohm (might be 1.5 & 1.8.. too lazy to get up & go look at the box tho! lol) choices, all dual-coiled. (like... we will only need to buy ONE replacement type.. for ALL/ANY of these.. per Kanger- w/ no plans for revision for a while, if not ever?... :eek: gasp! say it isn't so?! LOL) & a smaller Aerotank- MOW/EMOW that comes in some great color choices.. they've all been performing amazingly thus far with no issues to speak of (shockingly!) The Aspire Nautilus & Mini, ESP. if using the newest BVC coils that come w/ the mini- is another stellar vape for flavor... & vapor production.. that works well right outta the box! Tho, if you're using a dna device or something that vapes at higher wattages, you'll definitely want to check out the (ready for this shocker) JOYETECH's... newest offering... "Delta"! All I can say is: Holy vaping, Batman... TRI-coiled. & a slam-dunk of a vape! For out & about &/or pure ease/cost/performance... believe it or not, I still use & love the original Innokin iClear16 & have used 'em for like a year now .. iClear30s is good too! I can put any e-liquid through 'em & they never ever fail me. Just a rock solid vape that I can always count on their coils- I mean, some, I've had last upwards of 1.5 - 2.5 MONTHS (yup, I know!) before there's ANY change in flavor/performance- at which point, I'll usually just pitch it & start fresh, considering. Top coil & fill (can't tell ya how many times I've "accidentally" :mad: unscrewed the base of a bcc clearo.... instead of the whole thing, when removing from a device-- & ta-da, instant waterfall of e-liquid everywhere! Aaahhhh! :eek: Yeah too many to count- OR admit to! ...still do it, too! LOL) plus, being top/dual-coiled they give that nice, warm vape too.. I rarely, if ever.. need to tip or roll it to keep wicks saturated, either. Just by keeping it topped off w/ same or similar flavors & not letting it get super low before topping off... there's no fiddling/cleaning/burning... it just performs! Super simple & inexpensive, yet works so well .. figure ya can't really go wrong there! ~ Oh, & you were talking about the Fogger.... the V4/V4+ ... is TONS better than any previous versions & if that's the style someone is looking for... it's also a win, imho! HAPPY VAPING! :)

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I bought the Mega "style" from Fasttech, didnt notice a difference at all actually.

Shawn

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a mega been using it a while..you definitely want the sub ohm heads for it.. I am impressed for now.. I must admit I am skittish about their products but so far so good..

However these system will never replace drippers for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL ... Find it funny reading- considering how much EVERYONE (ohhh, myself included- even used to put clear tape over 1 of its air-holes! LOL) used to compain how the original Protank was just WAYYYYY too airy of a vape! So, who woulda thunk just over 1 year later... how differently our views on "air" would be.. & it's importance. (however, also hard to believe- esp. w/ all its revisions & versions- IS that Protank (1) came out right before VapeBash2, which was ONLY just > 1 year ago now!? WOW, how time flies!) Anyway, @Hobby Kid I, too.. was a dedicated EVOD user- up until... they decided to go with that 'universal' coil-head thing about 6-8 months ago now & pffft.. based on all I saw/heard/experienced.. the quality & consistency of their products, (ESP. replacement coils) was going downhill as a whole from there.. & quickly! Every pk of 5 coils, had AT LEAST 2 that didn't work from the get-go... & then, even if they did, would gurgle, flood, leak.. & just kinda suck overall! Didn't feel like having to rebuild pre-made coil heads for them to work.. not to mention, didn't feel I should HAVE to w/ this type of product. Clearos... imho... are meant to & definitely SHOULD just work out of the box- w/ zero fiddling required! Clean if necessary, ..fill.. vape.. refill.. done. (if I want fiddling, I'll use a RBA/RDA) It's at that point, like you, I swore off buying anything more from Kanger, unless/until they've proven to have gotten their #(*@% together! That being said... I've tried a friends (& have now purchased).. the Evod2-glass (bdcc) T3D (bdcc) Aerotank mini & GIGANTOR (lol- Giant) WITH the newest version replacement coils- that are universal for ALL mentioned & have choices of 0.8ohm or 1ohm, considered sub-ohm coils.. or 1.2ohm & 1.5ohm (might be 1.5 & 1.8.. too lazy to get up & go look at the box tho! lol) choices, all dual-coiled. (like... we will only need to buy ONE replacement type.. for ALL/ANY of these.. per Kanger- w/ no plans for revision for a while, if not ever?... :eek: gasp! say it isn't so?! LOL) & a smaller Aerotank- MOW/EMOW that comes in some great color choices.. they've all been performing amazingly thus far with no issues to speak of (shockingly!) The Aspire Nautilus & Mini, ESP. if using the newest BVC coils that come w/ the mini- is another stellar vape for flavor... & vapor production.. that works well right outta the box! Tho, if you're using a dna device or something that vapes at higher wattages, you'll definitely want to check out the (ready for this shocker) JOYETECH's... newest offering... "Delta"! All I can say is: Holy vaping, Batman... TRI-coiled. & a slam-dunk of a vape! For out & about &/or pure ease/cost/performance... believe it or not, I still use & love the original Innokin iClear16 & have used 'em for like a year now .. iClear30s is good too! I can put any e-liquid through 'em & they never ever fail me. Just a rock solid vape that I can always count on their coils- I mean, some, I've had last upwards of 1.5 - 2.5 MONTHS (yup, I know!) before there's ANY change in flavor/performance- at which point, I'll usually just pitch it & start fresh, considering. Top coil & fill (can't tell ya how many times I've "accidentally" :mad: unscrewed the base of a bcc clearo.... instead of the whole thing, when removing from a device-- & ta-da, instant waterfall of e-liquid everywhere! Aaahhhh! :eek: Yeah too many to count- OR admit to! ...still do it, too! LOL) plus, being top/dual-coiled they give that nice, warm vape too.. I rarely, if ever.. need to tip or roll it to keep wicks saturated, either. Just by keeping it topped off w/ same or similar flavors & not letting it get super low before topping off... there's no fiddling/cleaning/burning... it just performs! Super simple & inexpensive, yet works so well .. figure ya can't really go wrong there! ~ Oh, & you were talking about the Fogger.... the V4/V4+ ... is TONS better than any previous versions & if that's the style someone is looking for... it's also a win, imho! HAPPY VAPING! :)
I had to copy and paste that into notepad and break it down as it doesn't show in paragraphs on my iPad. Anyway thanks for that. You've gotten a lot of useful experience to share with new members. I can't get on with the nautilus. It might be silica or it might be I don't like vaping at a low wattage. I get burnt tastes at higher wattage and I'm just not prepared to be going round the clearo issue circuit anymore

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love my Giant by Kengertech, but I think I'm ready to break down and get an RDA set up soon....
452e3dce92b51a8c432ba20dde7a9800.jpg

VU Sponsors