Become a Patron!

I got the Wismec cricket 2-25 with batteries in parallel and have a question about my cloud maker!

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I'm running 2 18650 Sony VTC5a's in parallel mode with dual parallel coils running at .09 ohms. Let just say that I'm pulling 6V from the batteries. What would the Watts and Amps be? Because on steam engine it's saying like 400Watts and 66Amps. Is that right?!?! This thing is a cloud beast I've never had a vape that hit close to this thing so it would make sense I guess. Any inputs on if that is the right watts and Amps??

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
4.2v just shy of 47a and 196w
4.1 - 45.55 186w
4.0 - 44.33 - 177.7
3.9 - 43.33 - 169
3.8 - 42.11 - 160
3.7 - 31.11 - 152

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know what the difference is. I'm running in parallel so it doubles the Amps the battery puts out.
Well then, nothing I can do for you since you know the difference. ;-)

Just make sure the "P" Is facing out at that Ohm, and you're good. Carry on !

In all seriousness take the time to read the link I posted...very informative, and you will see the error in your thoughts ;-)

Last edited:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you cant run in parallel at 6v on the noisy cricket v2. you also cant run .09 ohm builds on it in either of the series modes. if you run the .09 in parallel mode, it will get a theoretical max of 4.2v, which takes about 47 amps and delivers 196 watts.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
parallel doubles the mah rating and nothing more...The load and amps might be shared but it doesn't double the amperage...I personally think youre trying to build to low to begin with and the sony batteries you are using are 20 to 25 amps maximum..Any questions?

VU Sponsors