Become a Patron!

I grabbed a tiger by it's tail

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMG_0021.JPG I have to admit I was a bit nervous about going in there with tigers and I asked a bunch of questions first. There were 3 tigers in this enclosure, 2 brothers and a sister, all 2.5 years old, which essentially makes them teenagers with 2 inch fangs. They were huge but not close to full size.

The female was laying in a corner and I knelt down to pet her. You have to stay behind or to the side of them and not touch their heads. As I was doing so her eyes were closed and the trainer was trying to get her to open them. Suddenly, she turned her head and looked at me. The instantaneous fear that went through me was primal and I looked away. After a couple of seconds she stopped looking at me and on a visceral level I understood the relationship between prey and predator when they spot each other. If she decided to attack me my only option would be running and that wasn't going to work out very well. For her, I'm just another creature she could kill easily.

These cats are born and raised in captivity and appear to be healthy and well treated. Like most of us, whenever I'd watch shows about big cats I'd always think of how much I'd like to touch one. It's an amazing thing to do. They are absolutely beautiful animals.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They really are gorgeous. My personal faves are leopards, but tigers are BEAUTIFUL.

Andria

VU Sponsors