Become a Patron!

I guess a proper introduction is needed...

buckskinner38

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm Buckskinner38 in the forum world's but my name is JD. I've been off the smokes for about a year now with some minor "off the wagon" issues for over 4 years. Started off on the cigalikes, failed and went on a hiatus until I was reintroduced to igo mods. Since then, I've ran the gambit of regulated and mechanical mods trying to break my 35 year smoking habit. So far this has done the trick. Vaping for me isn't about cloud chasing or trying to show off on what mod I blew my money on. It's about me trying to quit smoking. So when I vape, I prefer flavor over cloud production. I prefer tanks over drippers because I'm concern about longevity out in the field. My coils are not built to drain my battery and yet still produce a quick response and decent vape to satisfy my Nicotine crave. The juices that I vape are also DIY. Some of the recipes I have tried are 30/70 on the PG/VG ratio. It covers both the drippers and tanks. Even though I'm not a fan of dripping, I still own a few and I've learned not to drip with nicotine. As far as my Nic levels go, I'm down to vaping with 6 considering I started out at 24. It's my hope that I will put away my nicotine needs soon. Who knows, if I'm able to do that then some lucky person may inherit my mod collection.
0d14ca28095791060d27214341dabc9b.jpg

8561a278dec1b58313d40e25701c07d8.jpg
de635b981fef5c8a1b1e975543393b80.jpg

Last edited:

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome and nice collection. What's that mod with the watch? That's stylish.
Here's to hitting your goal!

buckskinner38

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is a Kaleido SP from Standout Vapes. They are a company that is located in the Philippines. Their machine work is spot on. It runs on 18650, 18490 and 18300. Spring switch, floating pin and 22mm diameter tube.
20d3411f3f94babe85443aea3cffa6b7.jpg

buckskinner38

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The funny thing is, that ain't all of what I have. I like to barter when it comes to mods. Sort of like playing "one red paperclip"

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's freakin nice but a bit outta my price range comfort zone.

I tend to keep stuff. Even if I don't use it anymore. Not quite a hoarder lol but...

buckskinner38

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They sell for 170 and some have been picked up for around 130 to 150. So they aren't to bad as compared to some I've seen.

buckskinner38

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The copper Kaleido is supposed to be out sometime this week. Limited run on these. Only 100 made so far.
48ab0b73e88324d80ea3ee7ad6b8dfc4.jpg

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm gonna have to keep my eye on these. Not in the market but i really like the look. Was thinking about a copper but then need to get matching drippers.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So many good mods come from the Philippines. They were some of the first to get the concept of "butter smooth threads". My first authentic was from the Philippines. I think if you have some early originals with low serial numbers they'll become a good investment in a few years.

buckskinner38

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Agreed... my wife and I don't have a lot of authentics but the ones we do have are great. I don't expect to be letting those go anytime soon. They are definitely our favorites.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome JD nice to meet you. Congratulations on a year being smoke free, that's an awesome accomplishment. I'm like you I like to keep my gear simple and go with that works not so much what's predicated based on cost. I like the regulated mods more than the mechanicals. The VTR is a fantastic mod and I enjoy it more than my Provari, which I have given away to a friend looking to quit smoking. I have given away tons of gear and love helping people out. So many have helped me so I pass it along, that's how it works in the community. New products are always coming out and it's great to experiment as we all strive for the best and most enjoyable vape. Cheers!

Craig Mad Bricky

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welcome JD, I'm pretty much in the same boat, too old to chain smoke! Im real pleased with the VTR myself. TTYL Craig

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Duuuuuuude!
Nice collection! Where do I sign up to be the inheritor? Or even co-inheritor? ;)
Welcome to VU!

You have to make him his favorite dinner first. Guys think better on a fool stomach:p

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rats! I'm screwed, then.
Unless he REALLY likes Chef Boyardee...

It's worth a shot, Chef Boyardee is popular. I'm a huge fan of Ravioli. I buy them stuffed with Spinach and Ricotta smothered in Alfredo sauce. Am I making you hungry?:D

buckskinner38

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm from the Midwest. Steak is a main staple here... so be prepared, you better know how to select a good cut of beef and how to prepare it, because everyone around here claims to be a profesional cook. To be honest, some of them are.

P1NkY

Member For 4 Years
It's worth a shot, Chef Boyardee is popular. I'm a huge fan of Ravioli. I buy them stuffed with Spinach and Ricotta smothered in Alfredo sauce. Am I making you hungry?:D
Nah, too full of BK right now. Gonna have to jog on the blasted treadmill for a lil' longer tonight.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm from the Midwest. Steak is a main staple here... so be prepared, you better know how to select a good cut of beef and how to prepare it, because everyone around here claims to be a profesional cook. To be honest, some of them are.

Hey JD, I don't eat much meat anymore but I know where you're coming from. I was an avid steak fan for many years. A nice cut medium rare Porterhouse. My gift to you. Bon Appetit;)

IMG_3920.JPG

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You fucking bastard. I'm gonna go hit the tread...

Lol... I stick with veggies these days. It was very hard to cut down on meat, soon I will go full Vegetarian. One of my goals...:)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
welcome to VU, mr. skinner. you have lots of nice toys. :)

buckskinner38

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey JD, I don't eat much meat anymore but I know where you're coming from. I was an avid steak fan for many years. A nice cut medium rare Porterhouse. My gift to you. Bon Appetit;)

IMG_3920.JPG
What was your main reason for making the switch? Just curious, that idea has been floating around our house as well.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What was your main reason for making the switch? Just curious, that idea has been floating around our house as well.

Part of it was on moral grounds. I didn't want to continue contributing to animal slaughter, industrial processing plants torturing animals, genetic modification, sick pigs, chickens and cattle drowning in their manure etc.. It just became far too ugly and inhumane. I used to hunt wild game and found that to be far more civil then the brutality in these plants. Then I stopped it all. Went to the doctor had issues with high cholesterol and was rapidly gaining weight. I seldom eat meat now, it took a while and a lot of self discipline but I don't really miss it much. I feel animals have the right to live free and not spend their entire life in a cage being abused only to be slowly exterminated. I wish I would have went vegetarian when I got married years ago, but like everything else, I led a very undisciplined self centered lifestyle. You just wake up one day and say gotta make a change, just like quitting the cancer stick.

I feel great. I can jog in the morning and not feel bloated and the veggies are good for the body, mind and soul. I thought initially they wouldn't taste good, but there are tons of recipes on the web for making awesome vegetarian dishes. Lots of people have made the switch I'm just running late in the game, but better late than never. You should give it a go in your home, it's a healthy switch and it doesn't take long to get used to. Once you get into it it's like vaping, you get addicted and will want to try out different recipe's.

buckskinner38

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, we've noticed a difference in the way cattle is raised. Something is different In the way they are fed in the lots. Corporate farming is gone to far and small farming almost non existent these days. And yeah, I've noticed the health implications.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, we've noticed a difference in the way cattle is raised. Something is different In the way they are fed in the lots. Corporate farming is gone to far and small farming almost non existent these days. And yeah, I've noticed the health implications.

Totally agree. Corporate farming is not even faming it's taking a bunch of animals and subjecting them to the most heinous cruelty imaginable and then disposing them by slow and painful means. Too bad there's a growing shortage of small farms, many at least used to care for the animals and give them a chance to be free and to live and when the moment came they would shoot them quickly. Now it's all about feeding the fat cats in the corporate offices.

Check it out.

cow.jpg

holocaustul-animalelor1.jpg

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Lol... I stick with veggies these days. It was very hard to cut down on meat, soon I will go full Vegetarian. One of my goals...:)

Dang you to HECK for bringing up veggies.

Granted I am a full fledged carnivore, I do indeed like the green stuff.

Thinking of grilling some nice veggies on the grill tomorrow.

Now I just need to go to the local farm markets to see what looks good.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dang you to HECK for bringing up veggies.

Granted I am a full fledged carnivore, I do indeed like the green stuff.

Thinking of grilling some nice veggies on the grill tomorrow.

Now I just need to go to the local farm markets to see what looks good.

I wouldn't say you're a full fledged carnivore since you're not an "exclusive" meat eater, actually few animals are. I think people in general are more omnivores since they derive nutrients from varied sources. I like greens too, hated them as a child but now much more conscious about my health and what I put in my body. Farmers markers are GREAT places to get fresh fruits and veggies. I bought my family freshly picked raspberries, strawberries and avocados along with some spinach and made one hell of a salad w/fresh pecans to boot.:)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I wouldn't say you're a full fledged carnivore since you're not an "exclusive" meat eater, actually few animals are. I think people in general are more omnivores since they derive nutrients from varied sources. I like greens too, hated them as a child but now much more conscious about my health and what I put in my body. Farmers markers are GREAT places to get fresh fruits and veggies. I bought my family freshly picked raspberries, strawberries and avocados along with some spinach and made one hell of a salad w/fresh pecans to boot.:)

Ok, you got me.

I am indeed an Omnivore with severe Carnivorous tendencies!

And possibly a Potatovour as well. Especially when served with sour cream.

But since you bring up the "O" word.................

Pure vegetarians IMHO are missing out.

Our teeth tell us what we are meant to eat after all.

Meat, Veggies and Grain.

And then there is the mystery tooth that tells us we need beer to wash it all down with.

And don't even get me started on Vegan food.

I would rather eat Freegan than Vegan any day.

Perhaps tomorrow I will look for something with a face to go with my planned Veggie overload.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, you got me.

I am indeed an Omnivore with severe Carnivorous tendencies!

And possibly a Potatovour as well. Especially when served with sour cream.

But since you bring up the "O" word.................

Pure vegetarians IMHO are missing out.

Our teeth tell us what we are meant to eat after all.

Meat, Veggies and Grain.

And then there is the mystery tooth that tells us we need beer to wash it all down with.

And don't even get me started on Vegan food.

I would rather eat Freegan than Vegan any day.

Perhaps tomorrow I will look for something with a face to go with my planned Veggie overload.

I understand, believe me, I ate meat for decades and loved every bit of my venison, steak, bison, duck, fowl etc... I have friends who love and continue to eat meat just not as much as they used too. It was hard to cut down for me but I'm proud that I was able to do it. I'm getting close to my goal of going full vegetarian. In fact in 2015 I will be there guaranteed. I don't think I will go Vegan but who knows. I don't eat eggs often but I do like milk, although lately I have been substituting with soy milk, which is really good with a splash of natural honey. I don't think our "teeth" tell us what to eat as much as our "brain" and the the pleasure sensations in the nucleus accumbens and tongue that associate pleasure in taste with animal flesh. I ate meat because I loved the "taste" of it but I really didn't NEED it. You can get a lot of protein in tofu, nuts, beans etc.. The mystery tooth is always helpful, pick out a nice Lager to wash down your veggies and your choice of cuts. Your dopamine will soar like a rocket;)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Potatoes and sour cream with melted cheddar topped with grilled onions. That will be tomorrow's lunch.

VU Sponsors