Become a Patron!

I hate Japanese Cotton

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Maybe it's this kind, I don't know but I swear I'd rather pay 5 bucks for a pack of cotton bacon than use these pads to Scottish roll.

Cotton bacon is better and easier to use for me than anything I've used previously. I have tons of org Jap cotton I'm probably going to never use. A pack of cotton bacon lasts months. And I am a good awful tinkerer. I'm always switching, making better coils, switching.

Does anyone else hate the taste of Japanese Cotton?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Right here :wave:

Am also a devotee of Cotton Bacon

Used to use Native Wicks Platinum quite a bit but doesn't last a whole week for me

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yeah I’m a big fan of cotton bacon as well got 7 packs of the stuff saved up at the moment! Just a pure flavour wicking material

Although lately I have been using the KGD pads and have to say I prefer using it in my RDAs once it breaks in which is substantially longer the CB

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have a gigantic bag of Puff cotton pads I bought over a year ago, and never noticed a taste until after this summer, the bag got holes in it and sat in a hot car ugh... so I ordered some cotton bacon finally, to try.

Edit:. I like that cotton bacon looks more pure, without little black specks of seeds or stem.or whatever, but it's so white I figured it was bleached in processing and that kept me away

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We should trade: a strip of Cotton Bacon for a strip of your Sally's :)

I'd like to try them side by side
I will buy some cotton bacon and compare.

The Sallys is bleached NOT organic and IS US Grown.
Been using it for over 2 years (the same $3 box) and not even any dry knuckles yet :)
I removed it from the box and put it in a glass apothecary jar.

As long as my finners are clean when I wick there is almost no break in at all.
usually down to no break in flavor after maybe 2 ml or less vaped.
Depemnds on the atty. with the Subtank mini RBA it is about 5-6 pulls. More on a dual coil RDA with more cotton.

I feel that most peoples complaints about break in is due to skin oil. Especially on the Scottish rolls where you handle the cotton a LOT.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a big bag of generic non peroxide bleached natural cotton balls I got from Walgreen. I use them when I run out of cotton bacon. My wife snags them for her make up stuff. LOL.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got some KGD pads right before I got the Sallys Salon coil cotton.
Compared them well and gave the big bad of KGD pads to the wife for makeup and whatever use.

Lucy it is just as cheap to get some cotton bacon as to ship you some of the Sallys cotton :)

Got some cotton bacon v2.0 in my FT cart.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I got some KGD pads right before I got the Sallys Salon coil cotton.
Compared them well and gave the big bad of KGD pads to the wife for makeup and whatever use.

Lucy it is just as cheap to get some cotton bacon as to ship you some of the Sallys cotton :)

Got some cotton bacon v2.0 in my FT cart.

I was thinking a strip (about the size of half a slice of bacon) in a baggie in a regular 49cents envelope, lol

But whatever :)

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was using cotton bacon for a while and switched back to the pads. I seem to waste a lot of the BC and always running out. I'm back to my massive bag of muji from Amazon and I think I like it better. Maybe it's just all the delicious savings.

Mmmm.. savings

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I have a dozen packs of cotton bacon V2 stashed away.
it's pretty much all I use.

I have tried Japanese (koh gen do), PIMA cotton, and Vapers Gold in the past but nothing was as convenient or as clean as cotton bacon v2.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It would be soooo fucked up if the cotton bacon people just put a few strips of that shit in a bag and have been ripping me off all this time.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Rayon rules.

RXeum8w.jpg

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thanks guys for getting back my Tapatalk didn't let me know there were new posts.

Cotton bacon is the epicenter of good vape flavor and production.

As started by one user that one kind of org. Cotton lasts after it's broken in, I don't mind changing wicks one a week and it's a practice that is worth the extra bit of trouble.

I love cotton bacon and I'm paying fucking 5 a pack total rip for some cotton but it's the b&m down the street.

I hate buying online but when your b&m shops have a 200%mark-up I cannot justify supporting that type of abuse. Charging 150 for a fucking alien al85. Come the fuck on. But I can justify buying a pack of the bacon at least it lasts.

I'm going to try rayon soon. I have never given it a shot.

I am a function over everything type of vape and person. Gimmicks if they function and help the vape experience I'm willing to say it's not a gimmick.

God damn I type alot. Sorry guys I'm the kind of carrying on.

Love ya guys

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Bacon makes micro and nano coils a mother fucking breeeeeze.

I have the hardest time using anything else with small coils. Not only that with cotton bacon of you got a dry hit you literally had no not juice not a trace left.

When I dry hit every once in a while, every one does it when there not paying attention.. you must remove and replace Wick. Dry hit=some burnt cotton leaving a burnt hit and that will bleed into all your vape hits. Dry hit/remove bacon wick/rewick
I feel like I might get too in depth, but I realize that this is my hobby and I like to perfect everything that can be done.

Perfection while nothing is perfect, why the fuck not get as close as possible to perfect. Ain't no shame in trying.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Damn Cromwell - I owe you a can of soup

So, last night I wicked up an Odis 16 with Cromwell's cotton from Sally's

Didn't like the break in, but it was short and this morning the flavor is on point and wicking well

Will rewick my work attie - a Merlin - today and see how it holds up compared to CB

Need to use it a few weeks to see if its as good a sub for how I vape

I also love Native Wicks Platinum - but it doesn't hold up for an entire week, which is important to me

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Y’all can send me your hated Japanese cotton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I run across any more I will - gave all mine away well over a year ago

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn Cromwell - I owe you a can of soup

So, last night I wicked up an Odis 16 with Cromwell's cotton from Sally's

Didn't like the break in, but it was short and this morning the flavor is on point and wicking well

Will rewick my work attie - a Merlin - today and see how it holds up compared to CB

Need to use it a few weeks to see if its as good a sub for how I vape

I also love Native Wicks Platinum - but it doesn't hold up for an entire week, which is important to me
Yes it does have a short break in about like all the japanese pads I tried.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree that cotton bacon is better too. I get a pack every couple months though cos I use factory coil tanks as well as RDA'S an RTA'S

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I agree that cotton bacon is better too. I get a pack every couple months though cos I use factory coil tanks as well as RDA'S an RTA'S

Huh, my first pack lasted over a year - and I rewick at least six atties a week - sometimes a lot more

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me, I've tried numerous wicking material from Rayon to Hemp fiber and Koh gen Do is by far my favorite. I can't stand Rayon, Cotton Bacon is Meh at best, Supima Cotton is excellent but by far my favorite I Koh gen Do organic cotton.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors