Become a Patron!

I hate Japanese Cotton

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using KGD for over 3 1/2 years. It's probably time to try something else, but I can't get myself to spend $5 on a tiny pack of cotton bacon. Might try a box of that cotton coil out though.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using KGD for over 3 1/2 years. It's probably time to try something else, but I can't get myself to spend $5 on a tiny pack of cotton bacon. Might try a box of that cotton coil out though.
~$4 and a box has lasted me close to 3 years so far and it looks like I still have about 1/4 of it in the glass cannister I keep it in.
I like it.
worth a shot for $4 I would think.

I paid about $3.29 as I recall but I am sure the price has gone up.
Economic growth you know ;)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
~$4 and a box has lasted me close to 3 years so far and it looks like I still have about 1/4 of it in the glass cannister I keep it in.
I like it.
worth a shot for $4 I would think.

I paid about $3.29 as I recall but I am sure the price has gone up.
Economic growth you know ;)

What a difference a year brings ;)

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been using organic balls from Walgreens for several years. Recently tried bacon prime and it’s better in every way. Wish I knew why. No experience with anything else.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've only used koh gen do and CB V2, but I think I like them equally. The CB is easier to work with, but I feel like the KGD lasts longer and maybe even wicks a little better.

I would probably not have bought the CB, if I hadn't found a bundle on eBay. I was looking for Lightning Vapes 30ga Ni80 wire. 100' of wire is $4.80. 100' of wire with a bag of CB V2 is $5.99. For that difference I figured I might as well try it. I have been shocked that I have done all this messing around for the last few months, all of it using that CB, and have barely made a dent in the cotton in that bag.

LV also has that same bundle deal on Native Wicks Platinum. The deals are on round wire, mostly; the only Clapton wire I see in a bundle is Kanthal, and I don't see any ribbon in a bundle.

Nexcron

Member For 1 Year
I have been through the most of the cotton that we have imported here in norway. I generally use Muji cotton for that reason it gives me the most flavour. Been through Cotton bacon, Koh Gen Do, Swag, Fiber Cotton, Dragon, and some other stuff i can't remember the name of. But anyhow, for some strange reason nothing comes close to Koh Gen Do and muji when it comes to taste. Could be the quantity of cellulose in the cotton, Idunno and i dont care :xD:

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm a big fan of cloud 9 cotton. It is organic, not chermically treated, has decent capillary action (rare to get a dry hit), it is long parallel strips (easy to tear of and easy to wick nano coils) and I find pretty heat resistant (although I rarely vape obver 20 watts so ... ).
I've tried coton bacon prime (not bad at all), native wicks( not my jam) kerndo gold (Love it but hard to find here)

I never tried Japanese cotton thinks to use them but now after your words i never used this after your suggestion can you suggest me best one that you have tried and satisfies you Thanks

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If anyones interested, AR liquid Co out of Arkansas, the company that sells the Axial rda, has packs of cotton called "Dat White Stuff", .99 cents a pack. I bought 20 packs a little while ago for my stash. Actually pretty pleased with the stuff. If you're looking to pad your stash, you might want to grab some while you can. I would say this is comparable to cotton bacon.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I've been using wotofo angleted or kendo gold more than any of my other wicks lately.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I switch between Koh Gen Do, Firebolt & Cotton Bacon Prime (not my favorite). I really like Firebolt.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I have some Drago Egyptian cotton. The stuff has zero break in but is difficult to work with.
True. Pure pita but great for dripping and actually holds up really well.

VU Sponsors