1. LIVE: DISCUSSWELLNESS.COM LAPTOP GIVEAWAY: *NOW OPEN*

VAPING UNDERGROUNDS FORUM SOFTWARE IS BEING UPGRADED.

I hate Japanese Cotton

Discussion in 'Pre Made Coils You Buy' started by Zohmbiebuilds, Nov 8, 2017.

1. CorallineAlgae

CorallineAlgae Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've been using KGD for over 3 1/2 years. It's probably time to try something else, but I can't get myself to spend $5 on a tiny pack of cotton bacon. Might try a box of that cotton coil out though.

2. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    ~$4 and a box has lasted me close to 3 years so far and it looks like I still have about 1/4 of it in the glass cannister I keep it in.
    I like it.
    worth a shot for $4 I would think.

I paid about $3.29 as I recall but I am sure the price has gone up.
    Economic growth you know ;)

CorallineAlgae likes this.
  3. Manic Miner

Manic Miner Surfs up! VU Donator Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Letitia9 likes this.
  4. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Picked up a couple bags of native wicks platinum from Chef and pretty happy with it.

JuicyLucy and Manic Miner like this.
  5. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    What a difference a year brings ;)

Letitia9 and The Cromwell like this.
  6. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yep
    Now I am into Cotton Bacon V2. Bought a couple years worth of that and then CB Prime came out :gaah:

JuicyLucy and Letitia9 like this.
  7. BoomStick

BoomStick Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Been using organic balls from Walgreens for several years. Recently tried bacon prime and it’s better in every way. Wish I knew why. No experience with anything else.

Letitia9 and JuicyLucy like this.
  8. Ralph_K

Ralph_K Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I've never used anything but the beauty coils and cotton balls

Letitia9 likes this.
  9. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I've only used koh gen do and CB V2, but I think I like them equally. The CB is easier to work with, but I feel like the KGD lasts longer and maybe even wicks a little better.

I would probably not have bought the CB, if I hadn't found a bundle on eBay. I was looking for Lightning Vapes 30ga Ni80 wire. 100' of wire is $4.80. 100' of wire with a bag of CB V2 is $5.99. For that difference I figured I might as well try it. I have been shocked that I have done all this messing around for the last few months, all of it using that CB, and have barely made a dent in the cotton in that bag.

LV also has that same bundle deal on Native Wicks Platinum. The deals are on round wire, mostly; the only Clapton wire I see in a bundle is Kanthal, and I don't see any ribbon in a bundle.

Letitia9 and gopher_byrd like this.
  10. Tyshkabfr

Tyshkabfr

Blog Posts:
    MikeSolver likes this.
  11. MikeSolver

MikeSolver

Blog Posts:
    Which one? Is there a frost apple or maybe Malone?
    Cause I can't find it in my city yet.

12. Nexcron

Nexcron

Blog Posts:
    I have been through the most of the cotton that we have imported here in norway. I generally use Muji cotton for that reason it gives me the most flavour. Been through Cotton bacon, Koh Gen Do, Swag, Fiber Cotton, Dragon, and some other stuff i can't remember the name of. But anyhow, for some strange reason nothing comes close to Koh Gen Do and muji when it comes to taste. Could be the quantity of cellulose in the cotton, Idunno and i dont care :xD:

vuJim likes this.
  13. PaulS

PaulS Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm a big fan of cloud 9 cotton. It is organic, not chermically treated, has decent capillary action (rare to get a dry hit), it is long parallel strips (easy to tear of and easy to wick nano coils) and I find pretty heat resistant (although I rarely vape obver 20 watts so ... ).
    I've tried coton bacon prime (not bad at all), native wicks( not my jam) kerndo gold (Love it but hard to find here)

14. 516_vaper_li

516_vaper_li Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    got 80 pads of Koh gen Do from amazon for like $12 a while back, it was perfect. I religiously use cotton bacon or firebolt threads