Become a Patron!

I have a confession..

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I promised a link to a study of vaping Natural Tobacco Extracts, here is a good one that even compares vaping NET's to cigarettes regarding toxins (I suggest you download the pdf version for reading):
Nicotine Levels and Presence of Selected Tobacco-Derived Toxins in Tobacco Flavoured Electronic Cigarette Refill Liquids
http://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/12/4/3439

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I quit for 3 years with a nautilus mini & last August system again due to stress. Decided I'd give sub ohm a go, used a cleito and baby beast an sure it was satisfying but now I have 5 baby beasts that don't hardly get any use.
I'd suggest going to an MTL setup with high nicotine, the above recommendation for the ego one mega with CLR coil is a good option. Even I can rewick that & I have bad nerves! I wash the coil an dry burn it an it just seems to last forever.
A five pack of CLR coils can be had for $10.00 and the tank for $20.00.
I love the flavour off this tank & I will always suggest this for anyone wanting to get off smokes.
My daily vape is a pico with nautilus mini though, I tried the NautilusX for a bit an the flavour of the 1.8 coils is good but it's too airy & the mini actually creates more vapour. You have to vape the x at 15 watts to get same vape as the mini at 10 watts.
If you want to spend more try the Kayfun but it's $80.00 so damn pricey.
If your rdas an tfv4 aren't keeping you off smokes go MTL.
I have gone back to my mini and my smokes have decreased by 10 cigs!

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same boat here. Was doing almost 3 packs a day. and now I'm averaging half a pack but I beat myself up over that half a pack. Most times I don't even finish the smoke.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
after 3 years smoke free I went back to smoking for a few months, but 2012 I never went back to a single cigarette. I have always told people you can't expect vaping to take place of smoking a cigarette, it's just not the same. You have to want to quit. I am confident now that I'm a non-smoker or a smoker who hasn't had a cigarette for 5 years. There is nothing any one person can say to help you quit. it all comes from your sill power.

eJuices.com

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was blessed to work at a place that I can vape at my desk, this helps as I was a chain smoker. What really helped is that I didnt modify my routine or frequency I just replaced one habit for the other. If you think about it your body is still getting the nic and if you mirror the same pattern that you had as a smoker you may find it helps. EX: I used to walk outside at work 8 times a day to smoke and at home I walked out on the patio to do the same. For the first few months I still went outside, to the same place and for the same amount of time to vape. You would be suprised how much of smoking is a habit that you have had for years or (in my case) decades.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was blessed to work at a place that I can vape at my desk, this helps as I was a chain smoker. What really helped is that I didnt modify my routine or frequency I just replaced one habit for the other. If you think about it your body is still getting the nic and if you mirror the same pattern that you had as a smoker you may find it helps. EX: I used to walk outside at work 8 times a day to smoke and at home I walked out on the patio to do the same. For the first few months I still went outside, to the same place and for the same amount of time to vape. You would be suprised how much of smoking is a habit that you have had for years or (in my case) decades.

I agree; even though my reason for vaping was to be able to stay indoors, I found that if I got on the phone, I still felt compelled to go outdoors. :D It was a couple months before I felt like, hey, I'm vaping, I think I'll stay indoors! :D

Andria

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But remember...

77a85a3db878780393f0bd07678f11e2.jpg

I hope not.ha ha ha

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Griffin40

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Matty

I struggled initially with quiting tobacco. It took me about 3 months of dual smoking/vaping to finally succeed. That was after telling myself each time that "next time" would be a better day for me to stop buying Parliaments. I always seemed to have some reason...stress from every nook and cranny always seemed like a workable self defense. When you are emotionally ready it will happen. Trust in yourself that you will get there because it is a great feeling to be tobacco free. You can do it, you are so close to the finish line!

For me, I just decided one Friday night that I would let myself finish the pack, and keep busy as heck all weekend to avoid the temptation. I think I Vaped my n$@s off that weekend, but I committed to it and was happy I didn't give up fighting.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really struggled over the past week as my wife and I relived our first year of marriage for our anniversary. We drank the same drinks, listened to the same music... but instead of smoking like we used to we vaped. It isn't the same at all, but we both agreed, even a slight transgression could lead down a path that neither of us want to be on. It wasn't easy but together we made it. The temptation is something that I fear will always be strong, but I always keep in mind that never again do I want to be controlled by a plant! We control our own destiny, but sometimes the most difficult thing we will ever do is to simply not do something.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Go up to 6 mg's or 12 mg's of nic and buy enough mods to keep you going, thats what I did, but when i first started vaping I smoked for a week.

VU Sponsors