Become a Patron!

I have a PIONEER4YOU IPV3 on the Way

TaraVapeZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello Awesome Vaping Underground! I have GREAT news! I won a IPV3! Im Stoked BIG TIME. However I need some questions answered And You guys have been Awesome to me so I figured I'd come here and Ask them.

Number One- Battery:
It calls for 20Amp 18650 Batteries. Are These good batteries And what would be another option?
2 Efest 18650 Battery Purple IMR 3100 mah 20A 3.7v Rechargeable Flat Top

Number Two- Battery Charger:
Would This be A decent Charger and if not, What would you suggest?
Tenergy TN269 2-Channel 18650/18500/14500 Li-ion Battery Charger

Thank you All so MUCH !!!!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Those batteries should be fine.
the charger not so much.
Nitecore i2 or i4, lu charger or xtar charger.

That charger you have listed is going to take FOREVER to charge one battery, let alone 2.

Check out 101vape.com or sunvapor for batteries and chargers.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Those batteries are NOT ok. They are 10 amp continuous and 20 amp pulse. The charger sucks. Forget using that vendor. The vendors big nasty suggested are trusted. Orbtronic is another.

Last edited:

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But she's gonna be using them in a regulated device.
Seems to me they would be just fine.
Why wouldn't they be good for her device?
In a mech I would say no.
Just curious why you say that.
Those batteries are NOT ok. They are 10 amp continuous and 20 amp pulse. The charger sucks. Forget using that vendor. The vendors big nasty suggested are trusted. Orbtronic is another.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Regulated devices have a max input current. The batteries need to meet or exceed that number. A 10 amp battery does not meet or exceed that number for that device.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The maximum input current for the ipv3 is 30 amps. Since the batteries are in series and current is common in series, you should use a matched pair of batteries that have a 30 amp continuous discharge rating if you want to be certain you're safe no matter how hard you push it.

TaraVapeZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Those batteries should be fine.
the charger not so much.
Nitecore i2 or i4, lu charger or xtar charger.

That charger you have listed is going to take FOREVER to charge one battery, let alone 2.

Check out 101vape.com or sunvapor for batteries and chargers.
Thank you!!

TaraVapeZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the Heads Up!!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@TaraVapeZ the 20r and 25r are rock solid, but do not know for an ipv3 I think they are the ones a ton of 50watt plus users are actually using.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doesn't it also say max input current is 30amps? That's what I've found in a few places. It also says input voltage is over 6 volts which means batteries are in series. To cover the max input current you'd need a pair of matched 30amp cdr batteries. I would email eciggity and ask why the info they provide contradicts itself. Just my opinion.

TaraVapeZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Doesn't it also say max input current is 30amps? That's what I've found in a few places. It also says input voltage is over 6 volts which means batteries are in series. To cover the max input current you'd need a pair of matched 30amp cdr batteries. I would email eciggity and ask why the info they provide contradicts itself. Just my opinion.
Indeed! Because I see what your saying too. Thank you guys so much for helping me out!

Kizzer49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So they recommend batteries that shouldnt be used in that device... Thats not good.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
HE4's?! Are these new?

Edit: Wow. Never been to that site before. They have about every battery you could want. Good prices too. You made any purchases from them?

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, I've been buying from them for a while. Very good prices. The HE4's are a solid replacement for the Sony VTC5, they've been out for about 3-4 months now. I use em on my mechs. Forget the Vamped brand, they just re-wrap LG's and others.

TaraVapeZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HE4's?! Are these new?

Edit: Wow. Never been to that site before. They have about every battery you could want. Good prices too. You made any purchases from them?
Not yet :)

Alan Green

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh ,congratulations,it's expensive ,it's really a good gift for your new years

VU Sponsors