Become a Patron!

I have never vaped with a mod before and have some questions.

First of all, how long do the batteries that you purchase for them generally last (I am talking about how many charges you get out of them not how long they last for each charge). I already did some research on this topic and know that you are supposed to "marry" the batteries for Dual-Battery Mods and that an amp limit 20 or over is suitable for most vapers, as well as mAh telling you how long the battery can last between charges.

Is there anything else I need to know about mods that I haven't already stated?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
First of all, how long do the batteries that you purchase for them generally last (I am talking about how many charges you get out of them not how long they last for each charge). I already did some research on this topic and know that you are supposed to "marry" the batteries for Dual-Battery Mods and that an amp limit 20 or over is suitable for most vapers, as well as mAh telling you how long the battery can last between charges.

Depends on the ohms in your atomizer you are using how long the batteries will hold a charge before needing a recharge. Higher the ohms more battery life you will get.

Batteries should be changed out at least once a year or every 6 to 9 months if you are using them everyday with low ohms.

A lot a variations come into play here, but you will know if your batteries need to be replaced over time.

A good starter mod is the

ELEAF IPOWER 80W 5000MAH BOX MOD which does not need external batteries has 5000 mah internal battery.

https://www.myvaporstore.com/Eleaf-iSmoka-iPower-Temperature-Control-Mod-p/elis-is8010.htm

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Stick with Sony, LG, Samsung, or Sanyo because they are the only manufacturers. All others are rewraps and you can never be sure of the quality of cell beneath the wrap. The batteries last 500-750 charge cycles? I think. I get a year or two but never actually counted, sorry that’s my best guess. Also buy batteries from a reputable vendor because there’s lots of fakes sold.

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

I had a set of VCT-5's that lasted me over 4 years. And I'm a high watt 30+ml a day chain vaper. I really should have shelved them at about 3 years. I noticed a drop off in max voltage well before I stopped using them. But, honestly, I can still throw them in a regulated mod and they work just fine. They just don't last very long between charges anymore.

VU Sponsors