Become a Patron!

i have problem with my DIY boxmod!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi! i have a problem. So i did all the wiring, and today i have recieved my batteries LG HE4, and put them in the boxmod. when put my atomizer with dual fused clapron coil( 0,45ohm) i pushed the button and nothing happened. i decided to measure the voltage on the screws in the atomizer. ot shows 0.01v...... i thought i have mistake somewhere and i take out the atomizer and again measured the voltage on the 510 connector. it was 3.78v. then i put back the atomizer( RDA) back on the 510 and take out the 2 coils. when i measure the voltage without the coils os again 3.78volts, and with the coils is 0.01-0.03volts. I know that there is voltage drop, but that much! Is the problem somewhere in the wiring, or my coils i don't know!!

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
what is the resistance of your atomizer with the coils installed?
And maybe a Pic of your atty and coils.
At 3.78 volts on a 0.45 ohm build, you are only generating 31 watts to heat your 2 coil. What I am wondering, is since your new batteries SHOULD read 4.2 volts (single or parallel) where did the extra 0.5 volts go? If no connection was made, you should still be reading at 4.2V.

It kind of sounds to me like you completely ignored Ohms law and just slapped a couple coils in.

Ohms Law
3.75 volts
0.45 ohm
8.33 Amps
31.25w
http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp#
What kind of wire is used for the coils? type and gauge?

Last edited:

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Would it be possible to get a picture of both your build and of your diy box.

VU Sponsors