Become a Patron!

I have smoke coming from my Subox Nano after changing the coil?

I just changed the coil/head on my Kanger Subox Nano for the very first time because I was getting a little bit of a burnt taste. Well, now that I've changed the coil/head, I have smoke coming from the air holes on the bottom of the tank, and an even worse burnt taste. I can't figure out what I've done wrong.

I soaked the coil in oil for a good 15 minutes before using it, and the ohms showing up on the screen are higher than that on the coil/head. The coil/head says 1.5, but when I press the trigger, it goes up to 1.6.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
1.5 to 1.6 no big deal , none are exact . As for smoke , is there a piece of wire or o-ring stuck in the base ? Is it smoke or vapor . ? Or maybe a bad coil , that can happen . But smoke , something is not where it should be . Also check the watts on your device .

It's smoke. Definitely smoke. It comes out really thick, too. I also don't see anything sticking out, not even the cotton. It actually looks just like the old head I tossed out. As for watts, It's currently down to 38.9, where I did have it at 40 when I first changed it.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
1.5 ohm coil , I would vape at 9 -12 watts . You just burned out a coil .

Ahhh, okay. That kind of makes a lot of sense now. And now that I lowered it to 9 watts, I don't have the smoke anymore, and the burnt flavor's gone away. Thank you so much for your help!!!!

JackVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Burning taste should be caused by your watt, check your watt!! 1.5OHM should be at 12~20W.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
When you say "oil" are you referring to the e-juice?

VU Sponsors