Become a Patron!

I just got a rba and need to pulse the coils and don't know what wattage to put my box at to do it

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Title says it all. I have small little Clapton coils my box says they are .327ohm. What watt should I put my box at the pulse them to check for hot spots?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I generally dry-burn my coils at 9w, though I don't know if that low a watttage would even warm up clapton coils. Maybe try 10w.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh god I was gonna do it at 50w. Thank god I asked. Thank you. Here goes nothing!

Well, as I said, that low a wattage may not even warm up those massive coils -- but you don't want to burn them out before you even get to use them. :D If you don't get any results, keep going up by like 2w until you can finally see a glow.

Andria

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Well I've been doing that wrong, I just run it up to like 100 watts and get em going so that they are a bit red, not super glowing and continue doing so a few times and wick and they are ready to go.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
claptons won't really pulse at 10 watts. depending on how many wraps I'd start at 40 and work my way up.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's a whole new world. People vaping at fucking lightbulb wattage. Fuck that. I'm sticking to my 10w vaping so I don't go thru a week's worth of juice in a couple hours.

Andria

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It's a whole new world. People vaping at fucking lightbulb wattage. Fuck that. I'm sticking to my 10w vaping so I don't go thru a week's worth of juice in a couple hours.

Andria
different strokes for different folks ;)

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh ya I got it. I pulsed them at 40W. It's all set up and good to go. Is there a time limit I should wait for the wicks to prime or am I good to go? Oh and there isn't a set range of wattage to use right? Just keep upping the wattage it til i am happy?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Oh ya I got it. I pulsed them at 40W. It's all set up and good to go. Is there a time limit I should wait for the wicks to prime or am I good to go? Oh and there isn't a set range of wattage to use right? Just keep upping the wattage it til i am happy?
what RBA? is it a tank (RTA or RDTA) or an RDA?
as far as wattage it's different for every build so basically whatever suits you

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My general rule is to pre-prime the wick and coil, fill the tank (if you are using a tank), let it sit for a few minutes, start at a lower wattage (say 25 watts) and hit it about three times, up the wattage by five watts and hit it about three times, repeat until you dial in the flavor/cloud you are looking for. If you are using an RDA it's about the same but you will need to make sure to drip more e-liquid in as you go. Depending on the RDA, you will have to figure out how often you will need to add e-liquid.

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's an rba. The smok baby beast rba. It has small spaced claptons prob 2mm-2.5mm with 4or 5 wraps that ohm out at .327

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It's an rba. The smok baby beast rba. It has small spaced claptons prob 2mm-2.5mm with 4or 5 wraps that ohm out at .327
got it so RBA deck for the baby beast. then yes prime the coils before screwing the top section on fill up the tank and go for it. no need to wait

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yea sorry it's the rba "deck". I got the ijoy combo rdta/rda coming and got 4 different decks for it since I have no idea which style of building I like yet. Also have the Freak Show V2 RDA on the way too. Also getting alien claptons, anarachest wire, and comp wire by wotofo. So I'll be learning this stuff soon. It's been 4 months off cigs since starting vaping and I'm still saving more money. Plus I have a new hobby.:):shades:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yea sorry it's the rba "deck". I got the ijoy combo rdta/rda coming and got 4 different decks for it since I have no idea which style of building I like yet. Also have the Freak Show V2 RDA on the way too. Also getting alien claptons, anarachest wire, and comp wire by wotofo. So I'll be learning this stuff soon. It's been 4 months off cigs since starting vaping and I'm still saving more money. Plus I have a new hobby.:):shades:
IMO 2 post and clamp style are the best

2 post like tsunami 24, velocity, avacado 24
clamp like Pharaoh and goon

I believe the combo has decks like all those except the pharaoh. pharaoh is the best RBA for flavor and easiest build deck ever IMO

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Lol damnn I was going to get a pharaoh but I heard they had leaking problems. Idk if that's how the people in the reviews wicked it or not. Just got scared and decided to go with something newer. The pharaoh will be my next purchase that I'll get with a better box mod. I want one that allows a .06ohm. Just for hahas I guess. Also gonna get some like 30-35A battery's. Just in case one day I want to rip my zipper off my jacket and wrap it up for a coil or something. Lol

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol damnn I was going to get a pharaoh but I heard they had leaking problems. Idk if that's how the people in the reviews wicked it or not. Just got scared and decided to go with something newer. The pharaoh will be my next purchase that I'll get with a better box mod. I want one that allows a .06ohm. Just for hahas I guess. Also gonna get some like 30-35A battery's. Just in case one day I want to rip my zipper off my jacket and wrap it up for a coil or something. Lol
G2 and or a rx200s or alien.
LG batteries and you are golden as hell.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
nope. thing never leaks. not sure where you heard that from. I haven't heard anyone say that.
If you have a regulated mod. 20 amp batteries are fine. LG Hg2 or HE4 Samsung 30Q or 25R regulated mods don't work like mech mods. amp needs from batteries are different.
G2 fires down to .007 in any mode. the slice fires down to .0000001 in any mode 2 great choices there
outside of those 2 the alien is a great mod but has the standard .1 wattage mode and .06TC mode limit like most mods.

pricelessvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ya I'm going to get He4 or the 30Q battery. Imma look up the G2 and the Slice now. Thanks guys. I wicked this thing perfect. Just got it up to 100W. It's so much better then the pre-made sub-ohm coils!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ok awesome. Thanks a lot. The G2 with the Pharaoh it is!
amazing combo. one of my favorites by far
2enqmj9.jpg
http://oi64.tinypic.com/2enqmj9.jpg

VU Sponsors