Become a Patron!

I keep getting juice in my mouth / lungs

My last tank, the iSub, which fires .5ohm coils, kept getting a little or a lot of juice in my mouth, and most likely in my lungs since even with the airflow reduced, the diameter of the tip is so big it's nearly impossible to do anything but full on lung hits.

The shop I got it from took it back and let me pay a little extra for the Smok Vapor Chaser Tank (VCT). I transferred my juice, took a few hits without using the Mod/battery to make sure the cotton was soaked good, then took a couple hits without noticing juice in my mouth.

B4 I even got home tho, the plastic/glass tip was covered in liquid. I was praying it was just condensation from all the vapor, but when I took a Q-tip and wiped it off it wasn't clear as you'd expect, it was yellowish, like a mix of water and my ejuice. I definitely taste a small bit of juice in my mouth, and it freaks me out to think what it's doing to my lungs.

I'm currently using a juice I made myself (other then the flavor concentrate), that's probably about 70-80% VG the rest PG, nic and flavor. I'm pretty sure the problem is not with my juice making.

So two tanks in a row are both getting juice in my mouth. I'm stumped and really frustrated. The Mod/ Battery I'm using is an Aspire that can go as low as .3 Ohm; I'm using the .5 Ohm coil that came in the new tank. Both the iSub and the VCT tanks have adjustable airflow, and I get juice regardless of that setting. This new tank has an adjustable liquid feed atomizer that I haven't played with....Should I try exposing more or less cotton?

Try a higher or lower VG juice? (Again I can make just about any mixture of PG/VG).

Help plzzz.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can you get a lower Ohm coil, say a .3 for it? Sounds like your eliquid isn't fully vaporizing. Adjust the juice flow down by 25% and see if that works.

I adjusted the juice flow down about 25% b4 reading ur reply, and it helped, but still got some juice. So I adjusted it to the point u can barely even see the cotton. It helped even more. At this point I don't think it's fully solved the problem, but idk. Just spent about 10 minutes rinsing my mouth, gargling water in my throat and trying to cough up any juice I inhaled.

The tank/tip gets hot real quick. I don't know if raising the temp would be a good idea. When I had the iSub with the metal tip I burnt my lips a lot when it was working. Also even with the liquid flow almost completely closed on my current tank, I still get a nice cloud.

I've gotten too much nicotine at this point playing with it (I squirted some extra nicotine base in b4 posting because I didn't wanna have to vape as much if it meant getting juice in my mouth). I'm just glad VG tastes sweet, and is so cheap. I go through so much juice that's why I started making it- couldn't afford to keep buying it after going sub ohm.

PitVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried taking a longer lighter pull giving the juice more time to vaporize? I know some folks especially cloud chasers that take fast hard lung hits that can pull juice right off the wick and into your mouth..cough cough ME cough cough :p

P.S. try not wrapping your lips completely around the drip tip, leave them open slightly at the sides to let some extra air in as you take a pull.

I'll give it a try letting extra air in. Generally tho I take slow hits.... The battery tells me when to stop half the time, when it blinks cause it was pressed too long.

Thanks for the replies, any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm wondering if it could be the Aspire Mod I'm using. I've had bad luck with Aspire products in the past, working for a couple weeks then going to shit.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fully charged, it should be putting out 4.1 to 4.2 volts, more than enough to do the job.

Dubmethod20

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can only speak from dripper experience, but this generally happens to me when if I over drip and the coils are really wet. Not too sure if that translates to clearos tho

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

So I figured out the coil wasn't screwed tight enough to the base, which greatly reduced the amount of juice. The guy at the shop I bought it at said it's normal to get some juice in ur mouth when using a subohm setup, because the extra heat causes it to crackle/ pop up.

I also changed drip tips to a curved one so most of what pops up gets caught in the ball, and now I'm getting a nice cloud with almost no juice in my mouth.

I put a higher VG juice (like 85%) in this morning too, that I think helped.

Thanks again 4 ur input those who replied. After only a couple months of going sub, it was hard having to put it down and go back to a kanger protank(with an old coil) all day.

I use the Kanger Subtank and on the odd occasion I get juice, I just turn up the wattage a bit. That solves that.

fwtechwiz

Member For 4 Years
I also have a Kanger subtank, running about .5 to .7 ohms on my builds. I switched out the stock tip with one that has a much smaller hole and is about 1.5 inches long. Ended the issues I had with juice splatters. I do have to take the tip off and clean out the hole where the tip goes into from time to time, because juice collects there.
Edit: I also take shorter, lighter hits (max 3.5 seconds).

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Can you get a lower Ohm coil, say a .3 for it? Sounds like your eliquid isn't fully vaporizing. Adjust the juice flow down by 25% and see if that works.
I have to agree with this. Also try letting the setup "ramp up" a few seconds before hitting it. I have had this prob with a GCT sporting rebuildable head on my ego one batt. I close the juice flow to just a tad open, let it hiss for a sec or so and then hit it. With 2 tanks doing same thing, it could also be battery just isnt pushing what it should no matter what it says. Got a friend using a Aspire CF subohm and my ego out performs it. Hope some of this helps ya out

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I also have a Kanger subtank, running about .5 to .7 ohms on my builds. I switched out the stock tip with one that has a much smaller hole and is about 1.5 inches long. Ended the issues I had with juice splatters. I do have to take the tip off and clean out the hole where the tip goes into from time to time, because juice collects there.
Edit: I also take shorter, lighter hits (max 3.5 seconds).
Ummmm thats not cool, you shouldnt have to be doing this. It REALLY isnt stopping the problem, just hiding it.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So I figured out the coil wasn't screwed tight enough to the base, which greatly reduced the amount of juice. The guy at the shop I bought it at said it's normal to get some juice in ur mouth when using a subohm setup, because the extra heat causes it to crackle/ pop up.

I also changed drip tips to a curved one so most of what pops up gets caught in the ball, and now I'm getting a nice cloud with almost no juice in my mouth.

I put a higher VG juice (like 85%) in this morning too, that I think helped.

Thanks again 4 ur input those who replied. After only a couple months of going sub, it was hard having to put it down and go back to a kanger protank(with an old coil) all day.
Trust me when I say this DONT SWITCH TO BUILDING THEN!!! I cannot go back to nonrebuildable

Vaping Raven

Member For 4 Years
Oh dawn and here I am waiting on a magneto rest just so I can start to learn rebuilding the coils and mech mods in one shot.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Before you start building please study and learn about ohms law if you havent and get yourself a reliable ohm meter. Steamengine's site is excellent and accurate but still need a ohm meter to at least test and check your builds. Feel free to post in builers section any questions or you can pm me if you would like

VU Sponsors