Become a Patron!

I Know It's Authentic JD Tech, But Is It Worth $1300+?

KREAM

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe it's just me, but I just can't wrap my head around this Ebay listing for an authentic JD Tech Stingray X.

Now even though I have quite a few clones, I also have a few authentic mods in my collection with the most expensive being a GGTS I purchased back in the day. But even then, I thought $200 was a bit much for a tube mod but I had to have it.

Now I know it's authentic, but is it worth it? Is there anyone here who would actually pay this kind of money for an engraved tube with a switch? He also has some mods in his store for a little less....some in the $600-$900 range.

funny-baby-clips-72.jpg

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow what a surprise, it has no bids

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is why the clone market is so hot. At the end of the day it is just a metal tube with a switch, connection and some fanciness.

Tap'd from my LG G2

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
To each his own , but I can't see how price equals value. Say that in the wrong forum , and get beat up ,LOL .

Reactions: jae

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

KREAM

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL. Glad to know it's not just me. I guess maybe collectors with money to burn are the target audience, which definitely ain't me.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I will admit that the 5th Series by Element Mods is simply gorgeous. But not $1500 worth of gorgeous. Of course they only made 10 so I am sure the target audience is collectors.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I see stuff come up on the bay at ridiculous prices all the time.. This is just another example of it..

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe it's just me, but I just can't wrap my head around this Ebay listing for an authentic JD Tech Stingray X.

Now even though I have quite a few clones, I also have a few authentic mods in my collection with the most expensive being a GGTS I purchased back in the day. But even then, I thought $200 was a bit much for a tube mod but I had to have it.

Now I know it's authentic, but is it worth it? Is there anyone here who would actually pay this kind of money for an engraved tube with a switch? He also has some mods in his store for a little less....some in the $600-$900 range.

funny-baby-clips-72.jpg
It Worth $1300+? It obviously is to someone, and when he wins the auction, I'm sure he'll be happy and proud. I don't have that economic structure, so I'll have to make do with the $40-$60 model. I'm about functionality, any attached status will be totally unpaid. However, when whoever wins this auction..... Congrats, cheers, ^5, pat on th back.. I'm glad ya got what ya came for.:D

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought the authentic versions were only selling for $240 or so. I understand this is a limited run, but $1,337? LOL
I would like to see who the idiot is that wins this, lots of bridges for sale if interested.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Holy crap this guy is selling an IGO-w6 for 220 bucks....
This dude is a major flipper.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

funny-baby-clips-72.jpg

This is what we on the streets would like to call, money laundering. This is how you explain to the cops, how much cash you have and how much money is in the bank account you own, when you don't have a job. Someone is selling "special mods" on the corner....

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i wonder what he charges for 3.5 of them lol.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Those listings are just fishing for people that don't know where to find one. Three of the forums I visit have JD Stingray X mods listed in their classified sections. None over $300

VU Sponsors