Become a Patron!

I know this is weird, but...I need LESS cloud!! :o

wordologist448

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all,

I hope this is the right spot for this; I'm putting it in the DIY thread because I do need/want to keep making my own juice, but my non-smoking, non-vaping boyfriend says that the clouds from my current vape (SMOKTech T-Priv kit with the Big Baby Beast RBA tank, 035 ohms at 100-130 watts) are making our concrete floors sticky...I'm using a soda bottle with a hole drilled in the cap and a straw stuck in it to catch the clouds, but as you can imagine, that's not the most enjoyable way to vape...I ordered a Juul kit a few days ago because he said he saw a guy using one indoors, and there were no clouds, etc., but I was never really a "smoker" when I smoked cigarettes; like 4 of them a DAY was my peak. i.e., I'm not hooked on nicotine, so I'm not sure I'm going to like the 50mg nic juice that comes in the pods.

If I'm understanding the massive amount of science-y posts about nic salts correctly, they have a *stronger* effect than "regular" liquid nicotine, because the idea is to use it less (why the pods are tiny), but I'm so used to sucking on my ONE-mg ADV that I'm not sure the Juul will "fit" me. I should be able to vape the same juice I'm using now in the pod, as long as I can get the cap off without breaking it, and I keep the PG/VG closer to 50/50 than 80/20, right? But that seems like kind of a waste to go to all the trouble of refilling a thing not meant to be refilled when I could just get another system that doesn't make such huge clouds...

Sorry for rambling - I guess my question is, what's the best way to get full flavor without the clouds? I could switch from making 80/20 to 50/50 juice, but if I remember right, thinner juices don't do so well in sub-ohm tanks; what are the best low-cloud kit options out there that will still give me the flavor?

Thanks for bearing with my lengthy post!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use a tank more like a nautilus at around 20-30 watts.
More watts = more clouds.
Tanks are designed for a certain wattage range and your current tank is designed to be a cloudy one.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lower wattage, higher resistance coils, higher PG than VG. I can't take thick clouds at all, nor high heat, and more than 15% VG completely asphyxiates me; I use 87% PG, vaping it at 9.6-9.8 watts, using a 1.7-ish ohm coil. What I exhale looks a good deal like what I exhaled as a smoker, which is all that's necessary.

You have to set your atomizer for very tight draw, very little airflow, to make this sort of vape workable.

Andria

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi all,

I hope this is the right spot for this; I'm putting it in the DIY thread because I do need/want to keep making my own juice, but my non-smoking, non-vaping boyfriend says that the clouds from my current vape (SMOKTech T-Priv kit with the Big Baby Beast RBA tank, 035 ohms at 100-130 watts) are making our concrete floors sticky...I'm using a soda bottle with a hole drilled in the cap and a straw stuck in it to catch the clouds, but as you can imagine, that's not the most enjoyable way to vape...I ordered a Juul kit a few days ago because he said he saw a guy using one indoors, and there were no clouds, etc., but I was never really a "smoker" when I smoked cigarettes; like 4 of them a DAY was my peak. i.e., I'm not hooked on nicotine, so I'm not sure I'm going to like the 50mg nic juice that comes in the pods.

If I'm understanding the massive amount of science-y posts about nic salts correctly, they have a *stronger* effect than "regular" liquid nicotine, because the idea is to use it less (why the pods are tiny), but I'm so used to sucking on my ONE-mg ADV that I'm not sure the Juul will "fit" me. I should be able to vape the same juice I'm using now in the pod, as long as I can get the cap off without breaking it, and I keep the PG/VG closer to 50/50 than 80/20, right? But that seems like kind of a waste to go to all the trouble of refilling a thing not meant to be refilled when I could just get another system that doesn't make such huge clouds...

Sorry for rambling - I guess my question is, what's the best way to get full flavor without the clouds? I could switch from making 80/20 to 50/50 juice, but if I remember right, thinner juices don't do so well in sub-ohm tanks; what are the best low-cloud kit options out there that will still give me the flavor?

Thanks for bearing with my lengthy post!
I got a Spirals tank to use at a lower wattage, with higher mg nicotine. Its a nifty little tank and comes with two coils and a rba head. I use mine at 28W with 50/50 6mg juice. Everything else I vape is 70/30 3mg. I think I got it for ten bucks.

The RBA is for a single coil. I just put a build in there and it works good.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as a new to using heads IDK.. none of the new stuff today seem suitable for that too me.... I suggest an RBA. Tank or dripper don't matter and learning to build and vape at about 25% current wattage.... simply put if you use less juice per puff... less juice settles on surfaces.....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As far as a new to using heads IDK.. none of the new stuff today seem suitable for that too me.... I suggest an RBA. Tank or dripper don't matter and learning to build and vape at about 25% current wattage.... simply put if you use less juice per puff... less juice settles on surfaces.....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I think you're right, nobody is making any vape hardware to vape conservatively; it's all CLOUDZ BRO! bullshit. And after I went back and read the OP a little more closely, I have to wonder... why go to that much trouble if you don't have a smoking addiction to beat? It's not the nicotine alone that's so addictive, it's the other chemicals PLUS the nicotine, but most especially, it's the behavior. If you didn't have a pk+ a day habit to get rid of... why bother making CLOUDZ BRO when it just annoys others, especially all that sticky VG shit. I've vaped about 5-10ml each and every day for over 4 yrs now, and there isn't a sticky film anywhere in my house nor vehicle -- because I use 87% PG!

I really don't have a single problem with anyone who wants to vape, for whatever reason, whether they're a smoker, former-smoker, or never-smoker... but to annoy others just for the fun of it? Just to create a sticky film on the floor and all other hard surfaces? I'm sure there are other annoying things to do, which are probably less costly and less troublesome to the person who wants to do the annoying! Eat beans and fart a lot or something. Bounce pencils on their erasers, ad infinitum -- I personally love that one, I could do that all day! :giggle:

If I hadn't had a 39 yr smoking addiction to beat, I'd never have bothered with vaping at all, and certainly wouldn't have gone to the trouble to learn to build the kind of coils that suit my needs, nor learn to make the kind of ejuice I need, since it cannot be bought anymore. I'd waste my time and money on other stuff! ;)

And on the other hand... if the boyfriend is that intolerant and judgmental... Hmm, might be time for a new boyfriend, because that one is never going to just let you be you. Trying to change someone after you're already with them is a HUGE waste of time, and annoying to all parties in its own right.

Andria

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, bububut.... This girlfriend is making a real mess and has no need to do so! The sex can't be THAT great!

/chortle

wordologist448

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ohhhh, what HAPPENED on this thread, guys?? :p

Sure, I could just mop the floors every day, but as several of you have said, I DON'T have a cigarette addiction to kick; at this point, I have a FIDGETING addiction - I don't vape for the nicotine; I do it for the FLAVOR, and the ACTIVITY, and 14 months of actively-job-seeking unemployment haven't helped the floors! :p

I was wrong before; I'm not using the Big Baby Beast; it's the CLOUD Beast, so, DUHHHH, CLOUDZ BRO!! :-D

I've just followed the trend like everybody else of more, bigger cloudz NAO, and it's been a long time since I've shopped the lower end, and I didn't want to end up with some crappy pen kit that tastes like butt and dies after 2 hours, and my boyfriend isn't the only person I've annoyed with my uber-plume!

Thanks for the product suggestions; I just ordered a Nautilus 2 (prebuilt coils), but it's good to know there might be low-cloud RBAs out there too!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ohhhh, what HAPPENED on this thread, guys?? :p

Sure, I could just mop the floors every day, but as several of you have said, I DON'T have a cigarette addiction to kick; at this point, I have a FIDGETING addiction - I don't vape for the nicotine; I do it for the FLAVOR, and the ACTIVITY, and 14 months of actively-job-seeking unemployment haven't helped the floors! :p

I was wrong before; I'm not using the Big Baby Beast; it's the CLOUD Beast, so, DUHHHH, CLOUDZ BRO!! :-D

I've just followed the trend like everybody else of more, bigger cloudz NAO, and it's been a long time since I've shopped the lower end, and I didn't want to end up with some crappy pen kit that tastes like butt and dies after 2 hours, and my boyfriend isn't the only person I've annoyed with my uber-plume!

Thanks for the product suggestions; I just ordered a Nautilus 2 (prebuilt coils), but it's good to know there might be low-cloud RBAs out there too!

I guess we just can't help ourselves. ;)

I hope you'll be happy with that Nauti. I never liked them, I found the dual coils just ruined the flavor, but if you've been used to massive vapor already, then you're probably already used to massive heat as well... so you might just love it.

Seriously though... hand that BF of yours a mop, and tell him to make himself useful instead of just being a little bitch. ;)

Andria

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, the NEW trend is to clean - it's spring, unemployed,

And, yes - cloud-chuckers are irritating as hell. I used to smoke like 2# of handrolled cigs a month - maybe 3 or 4 packs a day - and they stank. I have half a dozen meerschaums, but pipe-tobacco is expensive. Vaping is a fine alternative, just no need to choke out others while doing it.

There are likely a round dozen atty's that are affordable and can live under 40w - folks here will certainly know this and can advise.. Come on folks, under 40w - single-coil preference, Dual acceptable: what's her top affordable alternatives?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Crack a window. Good to let a little fresh air in.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered a Nautilus 2 (prebuilt coils), but it's good to know there might be low-cloud RBAs out there too!
I like the Merlin RTA very well it can go from a VERY loose MTL to a minor clouds RTA.
Has a removeable air restrictor under the coil.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There's something called the Avatar VapeNut, but the main problem with it is, even after you turn its speed up to maximum speed so it becomes fairly annoyingly noisy, you still have to blow your cloud slowly and directly into it from a really very very close distance, like, almost touching it with your nose. And even then it doesn't suddenly make a huge dense cloud magically completely disappear. BUT... here's something I took away from how it works (or how it doesn't work well enough) so please bear with me. You could decide to DIY a huge funnel on top to collect the vapor and position it in such a way that letting your clouds naturally and gently glide down into it will be both truly effective and comfortable for you when you exhale. Something as simple as a few big pieces of chicken wire fencing wrapped with plastic foil or a repurposed giant sphere paper lantern or maybe even an upside down umbrella with an appropriate size hole in the center that connects to a small duct already goes a long way. Use clingwrap/saran and or tape to seal the gaps. Do something. Instantaneous craft profit guaranteed. You don't actually even have to buy a VapeNut because with a few big silent PC case fans and a bit of washable filter foam you can invent your own, superior version of it in little or no time.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My son loves the OBS Engine Nano, says it's good for flavor; he SAYS he's a MTL vaper, but I dunno, i get no resistance in that thing's draw at all. He vapes 30/70 PG/VG, so pretty high VG, but he doesn't cloud up the place, vaping around 20w. He usually wraps coils in the .5 ohm neighborhood.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And I didn't now the Nautilus 2 had Dual Coils it is the Nautilus X that has the U-Tech coils which are dual.

wordologist448

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, the coils I ordered are apparently the "original" ones, 1.8 ohms...I had the old Nautilus, but I didn't have any fresh coils for it, so...upgraaade! :-D As I recall, though, those coils are tall and skinny, with the little screen sitting on top of the coils (I was never brave enough to dig under there and see how many there were... :p )

My Juul just arrived, and it's actually not bad; the throat hit is actually decent, and the flavor is even pretty good; I just don't think I'll be chain-vaping it with THAT much nicotine in it (but that's the IDEA, right?)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the coils I ordered are apparently the "original" ones, 1.8 ohms...I had the old Nautilus, but I didn't have any fresh coils for it, so...upgraaade! :-D As I recall, though, those coils are tall and skinny, with the little screen sitting on top of the coils (I was never brave enough to dig under there and see how many there were... :p )

My Juul just arrived, and it's actually not bad; the throat hit is actually decent, and the flavor is even pretty good; I just don't think I'll be chain-vaping it with THAT much nicotine in it (but that's the IDEA, right?)
I've got a juul and it works well for the times of sneaking away and taking a puff. And only need 2 or 3 puffs for a while

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yup. Nautilus coils are single vertical. The Aspire Vivi Nova and a few other earlier tanks (ET-S I think?) can use a dual or single coil (BDC or BVC) but those are not the same as a Nautilus BVC. Now there's the Nautilus 2 BVC which is the 0.7 ohm Nauti coil. I just ordered my first Nautilus 2 tank, so will see about that. Did manage to get a Nautilus 2 coil working in a Kabuki clone, even though I found out later they aren't supposed to be compatible. I understand now why I had to fiddle around with it.

Tried one of my old Nautilus Mini tanks yesterday, and for the life of me I can't see how I ever stood that thing. It is ANEMIC.

Kabuki tanks are the bomb. Even the clones from FT, $8.50 to $13.50, so cheap as hell, just take forever to get here. Vapor about halfway between the Nautilus Mini and the 0.9 ohm Vaporesso coils I'm running in all my sub-ohm tanks. Flavor is exceptional, though, run anything from 70/30 to 40/60 juice in them at 12-14W so they are easy on juice and battery life, and NEVER ANY LEAKING.

If you don't mind spending the money, a genuine Kabuki from Zen is $89.95, while they last. Think Mt Baker Vapor is out of stock now, but a couple of styles are still available at thezfo.com.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
you could always just get him hooked on vaping :devil:

VU Sponsors