Become a Patron!

I may have gone a bit... overboard.

Hi!

I'm Rob. Although I'm a new member here and would consider myself a newer vaper, I actually used Cig-a-likes and then finally an Ego style vape pen back in 2012 to quit smoking.
I used it strictly as a smoking cessation tool.
I bought a couple of batteries, a few cartomizers, and 2 tiny 10 or 15 ml bottles of tobacco flavoured juice. They were exactly the same flavour but one was marked as "High" nicotine (probably 24mg), and the other was nicotine free. I would use the high nic juice at first and then slowly use more and more of the 0mg juice every time I refilled the carto until I used only the 0mg. After a few tanks of 0mg, I didn't have cravings for neither cigarettes nor vaping and I was smoke free!
Fast forward to the summer of 2016 when I got drunk in Costa Rica and my travel buddy (a strictly "vacation smoker"), was smoking a cig... You pretty much know the rest of that part of the story.
I ended up being that "bummer" who never bought a pack but would bum smokes from everyone I knew who smoked. That lasted for a couple of months and then, I bought a pack... then another.
It was at around pack 2 or 3 or 4 where I was performing (I'm a professional Stage Illusionist) at a big trade show on November 11 & 12, 2016. In between shows, I would stroll the floor and check out booths. Well, there was a local vape shop that had a booth there. I immediately figured that I should cut the cancer (literally) out of my life immediately and bought a starter kit. The Vaporesso Target Mini. I still love this lil kit and use it every once in awhile.
"Wait a second... did he just write that he 'still' loves that kit that he bought exactly 2 months ago?!?!"

This is where the "overboard" comes in and how I fell down the wormhole.

I went from the Target Mini kit to buying a Sigelei Fuchai 213 with a Joyetech Ultimo and iJoy Combo RDTA...
Then I bought another Ultimo so that I can switch between 2 flavours instead of waiting for the tank to run out.
Then I realized how much cheaper building your own coils are, so I bought a few spools of wire and 2 RBA decks for the Ultimo tanks I have.
The flavour was so much better (even though they are the worst leaking pieces of garbage ever).
Then I found out how to make Fused Claptons... how SS can be tastier than Kanthal... how TC for SS is better than Wattage mode... how my Sigelei Fuchai 213 ....s the bed with TC... how the DNA chip is amazing... how they now have a DNA 250 chip... Ya... I've become obsessed.

So, I now have:
- 3 mods (Vaporesso Target Mini, Sigelei Fuchai 213, Lost Vapes Triade DNA 250)
- 12 tanks (Vaporesso Guardian, 2 Joyetech Ultimos, iJoy Combo RDTA, Smok TFV8 Cloud Beast, Mutation xV4 RDA, OBS Engine RTA, Digiflavor Pharaoh RDA, Wotofo Serpent Mini RTA, Steam Crave Aromamizer Supreme RDTA, Augvape Boreas RTA, Tsunami 24 Clone RDA)
- 10 18650's (all Samsung INR 25R 2500 mAh)
- CoilMaster V4 Kit
- TONS of wire in a bunch of gauges from 22 to 40 (all but 4 spools are SS, 3 Kanthal, 1 Nichrome)
- Avidartisan Daedalus Coil Maker (LOVE this thing for making Fused Claptons. I used to do it the drill and swivel way, but it was way too difficult with gauges higher than 34)
- Around 1200ml of various juices (that's what I bought, not what I currently have. I still have a good amount of that)

So... I think I have a problem. Either that, or I am trying to find that near perfect vape for me.

Next... Making my own juice. That is DEFINITELY going to be the hardest part for me because I'm not very good at making flavours. I may need to find some highly reviewed juice recipes and try them out. I also get bored of flavours easily so I may be buying a ton of flavours and wont settle. I'm worried for my wallet.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself.

Rob.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU. OCD at it's finest. LOL I also like to change flavors a lot and DIY is the only way to go. I have 32 flavors in rotation and another 18 ageing. The rabbit hole runs deep. Check out the DIY section.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi!

I'm Rob. Although I'm a new member here and would consider myself a newer vaper, I actually used Cig-a-likes and then finally an Ego style vape pen back in 2012 to quit smoking.
I used it strictly as a smoking cessation tool.
I bought a couple of batteries, a few cartomizers, and 2 tiny 10 or 15 ml bottles of tobacco flavoured juice. They were exactly the same flavour but one was marked as "High" nicotine (probably 24mg), and the other was nicotine free. I would use the high nic juice at first and then slowly use more and more of the 0mg juice every time I refilled the carto until I used only the 0mg. After a few tanks of 0mg, I didn't have cravings for neither cigarettes nor vaping and I was smoke free!
Fast forward to the summer of 2016 when I got drunk in Costa Rica and my travel buddy (a strictly "vacation smoker"), was smoking a cig... You pretty much know the rest of that part of the story.
I ended up being that "bummer" who never bought a pack but would bum smokes from everyone I knew who smoked. That lasted for a couple of months and then, I bought a pack... then another.
It was at around pack 2 or 3 or 4 where I was performing (I'm a professional Stage Illusionist) at a big trade show on November 11 & 12, 2016. In between shows, I would stroll the floor and check out booths. Well, there was a local vape shop that had a booth there. I immediately figured that I should cut the cancer (literally) out of my life immediately and bought a starter kit. The Vaporesso Target Mini. I still love this lil kit and use it every once in awhile.
"Wait a second... did he just write that he 'still' loves that kit that he bought exactly 2 months ago?!?!"

This is where the "overboard" comes in and how I fell down the wormhole.

I went from the Target Mini kit to buying a Sigelei Fuchai 213 with a Joyetech Ultimo and iJoy Combo RDTA...
Then I bought another Ultimo so that I can switch between 2 flavours instead of waiting for the tank to run out.
Then I realized how much cheaper building your own coils are, so I bought a few spools of wire and 2 RBA decks for the Ultimo tanks I have.
The flavour was so much better (even though they are the worst leaking pieces of garbage ever).
Then I found out how to make Fused Claptons... how SS can be tastier than Kanthal... how TC for SS is better than Wattage mode... how my Sigelei Fuchai 213 ....s the bed with TC... how the DNA chip is amazing... how they now have a DNA 250 chip... Ya... I've become obsessed.

So, I now have:
- 3 mods (Vaporesso Target Mini, Sigelei Fuchai 213, Lost Vapes Triade DNA 250)
- 12 tanks (Vaporesso Guardian, 2 Joyetech Ultimos, iJoy Combo RDTA, Smok TFV8 Cloud Beast, Mutation xV4 RDA, OBS Engine RTA, Digiflavor Pharaoh RDA, Wotofo Serpent Mini RTA, Steam Crave Aromamizer Supreme RDTA, Augvape Boreas RTA, Tsunami 24 Clone RDA)
- 10 18650's (all Samsung INR 25R 2500 mAh)
- CoilMaster V4 Kit
- TONS of wire in a bunch of gauges from 22 to 40 (all but 4 spools are SS, 3 Kanthal, 1 Nichrome)
- Avidartisan Daedalus Coil Maker (LOVE this thing for making Fused Claptons. I used to do it the drill and swivel way, but it was way too difficult with gauges higher than 34)
- Around 1200ml of various juices (that's what I bought, not what I currently have. I still have a good amount of that)

So... I think I have a problem. Either that, or I am trying to find that near perfect vape for me.

Next... Making my own juice. That is DEFINITELY going to be the hardest part for me because I'm not very good at making flavours. I may need to find some highly reviewed juice recipes and try them out. I also get bored of flavours easily so I may be buying a ton of flavours and wont settle. I'm worried for my wallet.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself.

Rob.
Its a common thing to go through and it changes over and over I at one time had over 100 mods it goes from vaping to end the cig's then it changes into an obsession then it changes into a hobby for some and then for some like the coil builders they become artisans.. also we become chefs with DIY juices the craziest level is when you do them all and it becomes a way of life.. :)

darthvaper79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome! So far for me this site has been very helpful. Hope you the best of luck.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome aboard...The greatest magic of all is watching how easy your money disappears once vaping becomes more of a hobby but, still serves its purpose of keeping one off the smokes which is the good part.

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome aboard...The greatest magic of all is watching how easy your money disappears once vaping becomes more of a hobby but, still serves its purpose of keeping one off the smokes which is the good part.

I find it to be cheaper then smoking cigs tho

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Overboard, no. Enthused, yes.

It is a great hobby and your story is like many of ours.

Congrats on finding a great hobby and an even greater gathering place for fellow enthusiasts!

If you're like me an end up having questions (even after vaping for many years) just reach out and you'll be amazed how many people respond almost immediately to help!

B

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah you're good bro. I've spent about $350 on DIY supplies in the last two weeks and I know it's going to save me money (and even make me a little money when I sell it on the low) in the long run.

I have seven mods (soon to be 5 as I'm gonna sell 2), four tanks, and a dripper. Lots of DIY stuff - a gallon of VG just waiting to be combined with flavorful goodness.

In other words - you're preachin' to the choir, brother...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome! Check out the DIY here, and the recipes section. Some really wonderful stuff going on there. Have fun :bliss:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I could be wrong but in your profession I bet you can write off a lot of that gear as a business expense. If you need more deductions you know what must be done. :devil:

Welcome and welcome back to being quit again. :wave:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome- glad you joined!

VU Sponsors