Become a Patron!

I must be doing something wrong

Gregjl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'll try to make this short, I bought an rta so I could stealth vape on vacation. No constant dripping, use high vg, my own coils etc. The instructions are shit and the only way I can see to fill it is a tiny drain plug in the bottom. To say this thing leaks out the bottom is an understatement and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It's my first rta, does anyone else know a trick for this? Thanks

Syrath

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dont have a Goblin mini from what I can see people talking about it in reviews you have to unscrew it and fill it from the bottom. Hopefully someone here has one and can give you some pointers. Might get better results by putting that in the title of the thread.

There is also this video by GrimmGreene that should help:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've not seen a plug for this tank, only the screw. I've never had any leaking issues, but a lot of people do have issue with condensation. I'm a MTL vaper, so I really never keep the airflow wide open on it, anyway. It's supposed to come with a teeny tiny o-ring that fits on that screw, but those are easily lost, or broken. Even so, I've not really had leaks with it.

As far as wicking them, you do want your wick down into the channels a bit. Not all the way down, definitely not too short.

No, I'm really not helping you, am I?

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thats an obsolete RTA; the bottom fill though the screw hole is old news. You have to use a screw in the bottom to fill and close. Fortunately screws from one of my RBA decks fit, as I had lost the one that came on it. I don't know the screw size, but it's not some proprietary size... there are screws out there that work. Also for stealth vaping I'd imagine you'd want high PG and low VG.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Gregjl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've not seen a plug for this tank, only the screw. I've never had any leaking issues, but a lot of people do have issue with condensation. I'm a MTL vaper, so I really never keep the airflow wide open on it, anyway. It's supposed to come with a teeny tiny o-ring that fits on that screw, but those are easily lost, or broken. Even so, I've not really had leaks with it.

As far as wicking them, you do want your wick down into the channels a bit. Not all the way down, definitely not too short.

No, I'm really not helping you, am I?
You did help, I just needed to learn how to wick an rta and just maybe I didn't tighten the plug as much as I should have.

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The GM v2 was a pain in the ass to rebuild because of its tiny deck size, and many times it leaked on me for no apparent reason - usually after refilling it.
It has something to do with the vacuum (or lack thereof) in the tank IMO, and possibly related to fiddling with the airflow control (even inadvertently)
To be honest I've put the v2 in the 'wrong purchase' drawer pretty soon...
Try packing the wick just over the channels, with only a tiny/short part of it fishing in the channel itself, that helped some.
That will require some wick shaping with small scissors, to get an arrow shape; doing it on a wet wick helps

Last edited:

Gregjl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I dont have a Goblin mini from what I can see people talking about it in reviews you have to unscrew it and fill it from the bottom. Hopefully someone here has one and can give you some pointers. Might get better results by putting that in the title of the thread.

There is also this video by GrimmGreene that should help:

That vid worked out well, thanks

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
To be honest I've put the v2 in the 'wrong purchase' drawer pretty soon...
Yeah, that one pretty well sucked. If you didn't stick your tongue out just right ,and say 3 hail Mary's, underneath a blue moon... it just pretty well sucked. The v3 was only ok. The juice flow and airflow was a pretty bad design. I've always loved the flavor from the v1, as inconvenient as it can be, compared to newer tanks and their ease of build/fill.

@Gregjl you sure picked a dandy for your first RTA. When you nail it, you'll love the flavor, seriously.

hi I'm using a tsunami original I have a wicking issue one side is going faster thing the other and I mean not staying moist with e-juice how do I fix it before my cotton falls off the sides th is why I'm asking for help.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
hi I'm using a tsunami original I have a wicking issue one side is going faster thing the other and I mean not staying moist with e-juice how do I fix it before my cotton falls off the sides th is why I'm asking for help.

When you say "one side", I assume you mean one coil is wicking and the other is not. Correct? If so, the coils may be heating unevenly, or one coil may be wicked improperly.
Remove the cotton.
Dry fire and make sure the coils heat up at the same time.
Rewick, making sure to wick the coils with as near the same amount of cotton as possible.
Fluff the ends of the wicks. Trim any excess. Make sure they are not kinked or crimped when you put them in the well or wicking ports.

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a ud goblin mini

i had the same problems. the bottom fill is a pain in the arse, but i read on a forum somewhere where a guy said he was top filling it, just screwing off the top cap, holding the glass on, filling it and screwing it back on quickly. i tried this a couple of times and didn't have any luck, it leaked out the bottom. but if you persevere you might get the hang of it.

as far as the constant leaking i had this problem too, i think it was to do with the wicking as i also got frequent flooding and gurgling. following numerous youtube videos didn't really help and eventually i gave up on it.

i also found the tank really noisy, much more so than the other tanks i use and noisy enough to put me off persevering much with the wicking.

but i only paid a fiver for it so not much lost. it's now cleaned and back in it's box.

hope you have better luck than i did with it.

VU Sponsors