I need a lightweight, pocketable 100w+ mod, any ideas..??

Discussion in 'Regulated (Voltage / Wattage / 3.7v/ Temp Control)' started by czombie, Sep 3, 2018.

1. czombie

czombie New Member

Blog Posts:
    Okay I have a few 150w+ mods and I recently purchased a Tarot nano for work, running errands, etc...BUT it's not quite cutting the mustard. I'm currently running a freemax fireluke mesh on it, but it just doesn't give off enough flavor for what I like. Would another tank that is specifically designed for lower wattage work better...?? OR should I just get a Tesla wye 200w and be done with it..?? I think the lightweight of the Tesla would offset the size. The weight of the nano is perfect, anything too much heavier would get annoying.

Lightweight is an absolute must. I'm a nurse and can't have anything heavy weighing down my scrubs as it doesn't take much to get annoying in my pocket

thx guys.

2. czombie

czombie New Member

Blog Posts:
    Forgot to mention I wasn't impressed with the coil and ceramic coil that came with the mod (veco tank) The ceramic coil has a weird taste (tried many settings) that never went away and the other coil just wasn't anything special.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  3. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Might take a look at the Armour Pro. Anthony just posted a review here on VU I think.

mikeyboy74 and czombie like this.
  4. czombie

czombie New Member

Blog Posts:
    Ty, I will check that out.

Letitia9 likes this.
  5. ilvbndryl

ilvbndryl New Member

Blog Posts:
    If you need something small but can push up to 80w then look into a simple built-in battery mod, Eleaf has a 150w out there with a built-in too. the problem with built in and looking to run that full 80 or 100w the battery might not get you through a full shift. There are smallish two battery mods out there, Vaporesso Polar, Vaptio is coming out with the Cap'n Paragon that looks small and those mods come with the long battery life plus the power.

czombie likes this.
  6. ilvbndryl

ilvbndryl New Member

Blog Posts:
    As far as tanks go Horizontech Falcon is an amazing tank. For something that is great for the price the NRG tank out there, baby prince, ello, all these tanks use the same coil shape so if you don't like smok coil, then try a GT core, or an Eleaf coil which has a SS if you run in temp control.

mikeyboy74, Pegleg Meg and czombie like this.
  7. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks New Member

Blog Posts:
    Might need to try a tank optimized for lower wattages.

Any 100+ mod is going to weigh as much as 2 batteries.

The smoant Charon mini is small but it’s still a bit heavy with two batteries.

Oh actually there is the Vaporesso revenger go. Built in 5000ma battery and goes up to 220w

czombie likes this.
  8. masse1369

masse1369 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Sigeli VCIGO K3

Super light, Powerful, nice grippy texture. Jai on YouTube said he preferred it to the Wye. Plus they're like $38. Have one and love it.

czombie likes this.
  9. Steve-M

Steve-M New Member

Blog Posts:
    The main thing with the Armour Pro is that it is a good bit heavier than the Tarot Nano, even if the "footprint" is fairly similar (I own both). The Cascade Baby tank it comes with is pretty nice though, and the GT Mesh coils do pretty well on flavor with ~55W IMHO. The Nano can do it, but battery life won't be very good.

czombie and Pegleg Meg like this.
  10. czombie

czombie New Member

Blog Posts:
    yeah weight is my biggest issue, that is why I'm considering a Tesla 200w. Either that or I may try a RTL setup on my tarot nano.
    Oh wow, I'm really liking that. I think I just found what I'm gonna buy....May buy a new RTA to sit atop as well. Nice price too!!

thx for the reply, I totally missed the Sig in my research.

11. Stan157

Stan157 New Member

Blog Posts:
    The Espion solo is a nice mod that feels small, does 100 watts and you can run it on an 18650. The pro air tank I feel is quite nice. I really like it. Mine came with a 21700 batt 4000mah so it doesn’t need charged as often. Excellent mod nice bright touchscreen. Bought a pink one for the as well and tarot nano hit the shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. czombie

czombie New Member

Blog Posts:
    Well I ended up going with the "Vapor Storm Puma" this thing is feather lght and hits like Tyron Woodley (mma fighter, lol). Hits harder than my Drag and Battlestar as I have to turn the wattage down a good 15w or so compared to my others. Wattage may not be accurate or it may just be that good, but either way I've very pleased so far.

The color options are kind of lame, but I finally found a snow camo option in stock with free shipping so I snagged one. 39 bucs.