_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
It's DNA75C in parallel w/ 2xVCT6
Escribe has some blank setting and thought I'd give it some.

In parallel, isn't the voltage 4.2 even tho there are 2 batteries?
But the mod's max output voltage is 9v,,,, why is that? :huh:

Peak Output would be 30A parallel?(15Ax2?)
And Mooch says they run a safe cool temp @ 15A sustained discharge , so 30A parallel?
Like so?
ESCRIBE MOD SETTINGS.png
[ Min Res = .15 (65W / 3.1V /20.8A)]
[Max Res = .5 (40W / 4.5V / 9A)]

I've already investigated the mod resistance and set that accordingly.
But those Min/Max resistance's got me. Nothing in Creator's manual or VapeCige website so I had to look at a couple reviews-nothing, and some stats posted by vendors where I found Min .15 for TC and...
... MIn .3 for VW which can't be right.
Does the board dictate what resistance it will fire? along with battery safety?

Another thing, if your still here :giggle:
This. Curious as to what steam engine said for optimal resistance. Are the presets correct for this parallel setup?
PRESETS.png

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Parallel is "single-cell-voltage;sum-of-cells-amperage" - reverse for Series.

Because the regulated boards are converting the amperage into voltage: iirc, those are buck-boost.

Think of transformers.

Watts Law Calculator
OK, I've seen the term buck-boost before but that's farther than I want to go right now, unless I have too o_O
If calculating watts or volts, to determine a target resistance we'll say, I don't understand how in parallel with my 4.2 batteries = the 9v max output the mod has. Is that buck-boost? When mod(board) does calculation and applies A/V according to the need, (what it's asked to do when firing)?

When I think of transformers, I think of The Decepticons

Last edited:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right, the pcb voodoo sucks in 4.2v (and less), pumps it up in the Flux Capacitor, and fires out whatever voltage it needs from 0 to 9 or whatever.. (I can't recall the output volts per board, but I know there was grumbling at the ...dna200? only pushing 6? and the dna75 pushing 9? - I may have that confused, and you should check the Evolv pdf's).

In any event, the magic-PCB pumps what it needs to give the watts you want - or it gets as close as it can and complains to you. So, it may be sipping at the battery amperage, or it might be hauling away buckets-full. Your battery voltage level and your requested power settings are calculated against the atty ohms and the magic vapor appears. (note: if you get magic SMOKE, you did it wrong ;-)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Right, the pcb voodoo sucks in 4.2v (and less), pumps it up in the Flux Capacitor, and fires out whatever voltage it needs from 0 to 9 or whatever.. (I can't recall the output volts per board, but I know there was grumbling at the ...dna200? only pushing 6? and the dna75 pushing 9? - I may have that confused, and you should check the Evolv pdf's).

In any event, the magic-PCB pumps what it needs to give the watts you want - or it gets as close as it can and complains to you. So, it may be sipping at the battery amperage, or it might be hauling away buckets-full. Your battery voltage level and your requested power settings are calculated against the atty ohms and the magic vapor appears. (note: if you get magic SMOKE, you did it wrong ;-)
Yes, DNA75 pushes 9v.
Eloquently spoken and understood. Now how do I apply my newfound knowledge to one of these calculators to see what a target resistance would be using V/A.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
That Watts-Law-Calc I posted? You can set any 2 parameters and hit CALCULATE. It was fun for a few tests ;-)

In the case of DNA - I'd say: set the ohms you use/expect, set the watts you programmed and the results will reveal amps and volts used.
I checked that out a while ago. Again just now. .25r + 4.2v = 16.8A(I got plenty of those) and :( 70.5W on a 75W chip

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I fed it 45W and .25ohms and it coughed up 3.35V and 13.4 amps. Mo betta and closer to my real world.

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let's say your batteries are at X volts regardless of series or parallel arrangement. A buck circuit output will be < X volts and a boost will be >= X volts. A buck-boost circuit is both combined.

Up until the 75C, DNAs only had buck, now they've got both. Yihi, btw, has had 9.5V output on a single cell since at least the 350J.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Looks like 2 questions with the same answer. Also use the calculator to determine min/max resistance for mod settings in escribe. Whatever works out to be under 75W with a safe cushion. Yes?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I edited in the OP what I'm going to use for min/max resistance. :cheers:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what I'm going to use for min/max
I've been running around .5-.9Ω with the single-coil tanks, and all around 0.1Ω on the stupid dual-coils. DNA works fine with them, (mind you my vt133's are DNA200 dual-cell)..

I do feel I get far better mileage from 1/2Ω to 1Ω.

VU Sponsors