Become a Patron!

I need help for something that is probably simple

I'm using an Aspire with a iStick 30w. I have a 1.8 ohms bvc coil that i have to constantly replace. I just replaced one a few hours ago and my reader is displaying that the ohms have already increased to 2.2 in just that short amount of time. I have my settings on 4.2 volts(8.4 W), but sometimes turn it up to 4.5v(9.6W) as an attempt to counter the increasing ohms. My liquid doesn't seem to be too thick compared to all of the other juices i have tried. Does anyone have an idea what the problem may be?

2.2 ohms is not a concern. Is it still vaping fine? Tastes ok?
It basically tastes the same as it does when it is at 1.8, but the only problem is the increasing doesnt stop. It continues to go up, sometimes reaching between the 3. to 4. range and then starts to taste burnt. That is when i try to decrease the watts and attempt to conserve the lifespan of the coil. I have to replace it about every 2 or 3 days, which is getting pretty expensive.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's possible to get a bad batch of coils occasionally. Are all your contacts clean? 510 contacts.

It's possible to get a bad batch of coils occasionally. Are all your contacts clean? 510 contacts.
Yeah, this has been going on for a few months and i recently moved to the opposite side of the country, still seem to be experiencing the same problem, even purchasing from different vendors. And, I clean my connections every time i refill the tank or change the coil. I only use papers towels to get into the cracks and clean them out, i dont know what else to use. The connections always seem to be clean and the paper towels normally have a black residue coating them

Last edited:
Dip a qtip in alcohol and clean them. It'll evaporate quickly, too. How are you cleaning your coils?
Well i dont clean the coils, every time i have tried the vape always says "no atomizer", even after drying. Is it safe to use peroxide or can i only use alcohol?

Every 2 weeks or so i wash everything out with warm water
I did have success with cleaning a coil but the ohms never dropped back down. Should i try to clean the coils sooner? Its becoming a hassle, with work and all

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I only clean coils when the flavor gets muddled or burnt tasting. Some people soak them in alcohol, rinse them in hot water and let them dry out. Some people re-build them. I say do what works best for you. I like rebuilding coils if I can. Huge savings compared to buying them. If you're interested in that route, there are some good tutorials on youtube.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I used to vape a Vanilla flavored eJuice, that gunked up my coils on my Kanger Protank 2 real quick. I had to replace those coils every 2-3 days as well, which caused me to rebuild those coils, in order to save money. Now, I'm mainly into RBAs and RDAs, building my own coils, which of course is much cheaper than replacing those coil heads. Check if there's a way to rebuild those coils as well. In addition, I don't use that Vanilla eJuice anymore, due to making my own.

I only clean coils when the flavor gets muddled or burnt tasting. Some people soak them in alcohol, rinse them in hot water and let them dry out. Some people re-build them. I say do what works best for you. I like rebuilding coils if I can. Huge savings compared to buying them. If you're interested in that route, there are some good tutorials on youtube.
Yeah, i have checked them out before and wanted to go that route also, but i have just been so busy lately with my job and basically pass out as soon as i get home every night. Normally, when the juice starts to puddle up inside the tank, i roll up a paper towel and stick it into the stem to absorb the excess liquid. I dont know if thats wrong or not but the ohms always increase first before i even have to do that. So, i shouldn't use peroxide?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've never heard of peroxide being used. I can't honestly say. I'll try to find out.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I used to vape a Vanilla flavored eJuice, that gunked up my coils on my Kanger Protank 2 real quick. I had to replace those coils every 2-3 days as well, which caused me to rebuild those coils, in order to save money. Now, I'm mainly into RBAs and RDAs, building my own coils, which of course is much cheaper than replacing those coil heads. Check if there's a way to rebuild those coils as well. In addition, I don't use that Vanilla eJuice anymore, due to making my own.

I'll second this. Some of my juice has my coils looking like a failed attempt at barbequed chicken. With just one tank lol

Another reason to DIY the coils.

I just wish I could get that magical 2 or 3 weeks out of one coil. Just once!

VU Sponsors