Become a Patron!

I need help getting away from sweet ejuices

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The juices I vape are loaded with too much sweetener. How do I know the sweetener content of the juice I'm buying? Do I just look for certain flavors in order to avoid the sugar? I'm fine with doing tobacco, coffee, or menthol type flavors if I know for sure I'm avoiding sweeteners.

Do you folks have any recommendations or advice on where go look or what brands/juices don't have a bunch of added sweetener? Thanks

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The juices I vape are loaded with too much sweetener. How do I know the sweetener content of the juice I'm buying? Do I just look for certain flavors in order to avoid the sugar? I'm fine with doing tobacco, coffee, or menthol type flavors if I know for sure I'm avoiding sweeteners.

Do you folks have any recommendations or advice on where go look or what brands/juices don't have a bunch of added sweetener? Thanks
The best method is DIY, then you know exactly what's in the juice. It may seem intimidating at first, but it's as easy as tying your shoes....and costs pennies to make fantastic juice.

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The best method is DIY, then you know exactly what's in the juice. It may seem intimidating at first, but it's as easy as tying your shoes....and costs pennies to make fantastic juice.

I tried diy and everything was terrible. I did everything right and used popular recipes but nothing was worth a darned.

As to the other poster's question, I've been using the DIYORDIE one shot concentrates. They aren't terrible in terms of sweetener but still more than I care to vape.

I'm assuming I just need to switch to tobacco or menthol flavors

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
If you are certain you don't want to try mixing again, you can try Verde valley vapes, they use very little if any sweetener. Though I still say, you should give DIY another shot at some point, but that's not my call.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any of Wayne Walker's recipes that include sweetener are generally .5-1% Capella super sweet, which is twice as strong as any other sweetener. I omit that entirely when making most of his, but you have no control over the one shots.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’m seconding, thirding and fourthing the DIY recommendation. It’s the only way to avoid sweetener. On occasion, it actually does help, but not as much as the commercial juices use it. DIY really is pretty easy.....just basic math and imagination! And if the imagination is lacking, there’s plenty of amazing recipes here and around other sites.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dont like most of the popular recipes either usually. I read comments on ELR and everyone seem like robots falling in line. Most of the popular recipes are a few years old. Alot can change in a few years. New and better flavors, and vaping equipment. I almost gave up on DIY. I'm SO glad I didn't.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I tend to use ELR more for recipe ideas than using the actual recipes. Being fairly new to diy it helps me with starting point percentages and combos I may have not thought up yet.

VU Sponsors