Become a Patron!

I need help picking the safest batteries to Super SubOhm?

I have 4 18650 batteries i have in mind.

Demonfire : IMR 18650 2000mAh 3.7V High Drain LiMn Demonfire Rechargeable Battery with Button Top - (Black&Red)

Samsung ICR18650-26F 2600mAh 3.7V 18650 Rechargeable Lithium Battery - (Pink)

Samsung INR18650-25R 18650 2500mAh 3.6v Rechargeable Flat Top Batteries
(Baby Blue)

LG HE2 18650 2500mAh 35A 3.7v Rechargeable Flat Top Batteries
(Red)

I know that Vtc5 are the best battery's in the market but due to money issues I could only afford these battery's I have in mind.

Attachments

• 41cBD-CILPL._AA160_.jpg
    41cBD-CILPL._AA160_.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 41SsonC-nTL._AA160_.jpg
    41SsonC-nTL._AA160_.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 41vFcxjEa9L._AA160_.jpg
    41vFcxjEa9L._AA160_.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 2
  • 419YUZ-ly3L.jpg
    419YUZ-ly3L.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
DO NOT USE THE PINK ONES! those are five amp batteries...they will not hold up and bad things can and will more than likey happen. A vape shop built a coil and sell those to a friend and tell him he was fine with them and if I wasn't there when his mod got super hot the next day, he might of had bodily damage. If you're going below .25 you really need a pair of the 25-R's (out of the four choices you've presented here,) in a dual 18650 unregulated in series box mod and then you have to be super careful because there is now safety regulation in the mod. You have to make sure your coils are good and aren't shorting on a ohm/multimeter as best as possible before you even test fire on a mod. Going down super low between .5 and .25 can be done for the most part safely with a 20 amp continuous drain battery like the 25R Samsungs or the LG's. But going super super low below .25 should really be only done with dual/quad parallel setups or regulated mods. It can be done but I wouldn't trust my safety to a cheap ohm meter and a Single VTC battery even with their 30 amp continuous drain. once you get below .2 a .01 difference can make a huge jump in amp draw. You have to be careful to say the least.

I wouldn't trust any of these below .25 for safety in a single cell mech. I will admit to knowing nothing about the Demonfires but I have both Samsung and LG batteries...they're both 20 amp continuous drain and I think the Samsungs just perform a little better.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Sony VTC4.....still available.

VU Sponsors