Become a Patron!

I need help picking the safest batteries to Super SubOhm?

I have 4 18650 batteries i have in mind.

Demonfire : IMR 18650 2000mAh 3.7V High Drain LiMn Demonfire Rechargeable Battery with Button Top - (Black&Red)

Samsung ICR18650-26F 2600mAh 3.7V 18650 Rechargeable Lithium Battery - (Pink)

Samsung INR18650-25R 18650 2500mAh 3.6v Rechargeable Flat Top Batteries
(Baby Blue)

LG HE2 18650 2500mAh 35A 3.7v Rechargeable Flat Top Batteries
(Red)

I know that Vtc5 are the best battery's in the market but due to money issues I could only afford these battery's I have in mind.

Attachments

• 41cBD-CILPL._AA160_.jpg
    41cBD-CILPL._AA160_.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 41SsonC-nTL._AA160_.jpg
    41SsonC-nTL._AA160_.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 41vFcxjEa9L._AA160_.jpg
    41vFcxjEa9L._AA160_.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 35
  • 419YUZ-ly3L.jpg
    419YUZ-ly3L.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 40

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
None of the above are safe for super sub-ohm setups. Sony VTC4's have been making a comeback recently, i have seen many stores getting small batches every now and then.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What resistance do you have in mind for super sub ohm? This is dated but
EG8t7C0_zps55214e7e.jpg

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I consider super sub-ohm anything below 0.1 ohms. Also known as the idiot line, a line that i repeatedly cross and venture out to the idiotic builds that dwell beyond that line. And the only batteries i rely on there are Sony VTC4's, MNKE 26650 or the infamous Sony 26650 that are more myth than a battery nowadays.

T

Taver13

when i go that low, and i only have one setup at super sub ohm, i usually pulse my mod, i dont hold down the firing switch steady. Most of the batteries are rated for pulse not contiuios. Pulsing definatly dosent stress the batteries like holding down the switch, and at super sub ohm, your coils heat up so fast that you wont notice much of a performance difference. i also find that pulsing when super subbing helps with wicking to avoid hits drying out, imo. also, make sure you have a rda with some serious air flow such as the mutation, or you may catch your wick on fire. if you venture to the super sub level, please be sure you take every precaution.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
None of them. The ICR Samsung 26F shouldn't be on a list for any mech. Why are you asking this same question repeatedly in different sections of the forum?

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you want to be extra safe, get a dual battery box and share the load across two batteries. Personally I only like IMR chemistry batteries, so the samsungs are out. I dont vape with any battery with fire in the name so that demon battery is out. That leaves the LG's, which are great cells, but only 20A. If you can find the VTC4s or VTC5s, that would be best IMO.

Last edited:

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
when i go that low, and i only have one setup at super sub ohm, i usually pulse my mod, i dont hold down the firing switch steady. Most of the batteries are rated for pulse not contiuios. Pulsing definatly dosent stress the batteries like holding down the switch, and at super sub ohm, your coils heat up so fast that you wont notice much of a performance difference. i also find that pulsing when super subbing helps with wicking to avoid hits drying out, imo. also, make sure you have a rda with some serious air flow such as the mutation, or you may catch your wick on fire. if you venture to the super sub level, please be sure you take every precaution.
Continuos rating means you can safely hold the fire button down until the battery is depleted. Pulsing rate means you can hold the button for a period of time safely. For example the Sonys, the pulsing rate of 60A is for 60 seconds. And there is no man on this planet that can take 60 sec pulls at 60A. So pulse rating and pulse firing are not the same thing.

T

Taver13

Continuos rating means you can safely hold the fire button down until the battery is depleted. Pulsing rate means you can hold the button for a period of time safely. For example the Sonys, the pulsing rate of 60A is for 60 seconds. And there is no man on this planet that can take 60 sec pulls at 60A. So pulse rating and pulse firing are not the same thing.
thank you for clearing that up for me. what i was trying to get at though is that it is definatly safer to pulse fire at super sub ohms. i learn something new on this forum everyday, thats why i love it

brianriggs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have 2 Sony vtc4 and 2 of the lg batteries listed above I have done builds down to .12 and both get warm in my copper penny mod not hot.I use my segelie 100 watt box mod for builds down to .15 the mod gets warm as well.but I don't like to go below .15 so I can use my rdas on both..and like I said they get warmer the lower I build.

doughdreads

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Duracell AAA's and tinfoil; you could probably go to -1.0 ohms with that setup.

Seriously, anything below 0.1 ohms is just a little ridiculous. Even the safest batteries will eventually fail, just a matter of time and conditions.

Last edited:

TwistedVaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My favorite is the MXJO 35A 18650. But now that the Vamped Vapor Cell 40A 18650's are out, I am starting to like those just as much if not more.

VU Sponsors