Become a Patron!

I need help with a flavor build on MadDog rda

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi All, I've got the Innokin Eurus rda which is identical to the mad dog. Right now I've got a pair of simple 5 wrap, spaced, KA1, 3mm single wire coils that don't get as much flavor as the 14mm tank from my istick basic that I've been using on my G2. Using the same juice in both attys, the tank has much greater intensity and definition of flavor than the rda.

What could I be doing wrong? Here is a picture of the build in the rda:

PSX_20170703_175636.jpg

I know I need to throw my pair of aliens in there, but I'd like to be able to get flavor on simple coils first so I understand what's going on in the atty. Do I need more wraps? Maybe twice as many? I'm stumped right now. I know @SirRichardRear has the MadDog, but don't know who else does. Any suggestions welcome.

Kormiro

Member For 4 Years
Hi All, I've got the Innokin Eurus rda which is identical to the mad dog. Right now I've got a pair of simple 5 wrap, spaced, KA1, 3mm single wire coils that don't get as much flavor as the 14mm tank from my istick basic that I've been using on my G2. Using the same juice in both attys, the tank has much greater intensity and definition of flavor than the rda.

View attachment 86052

I know I need to throw my pair of aliens in there, but I'd like to be able to get flavor on simple coils first so I understand what's going on in the atty. Do I need more wraps? Maybe twice as many? I'm stumped right now. I know @SirRichardRear has the MadDog, but don't know who else does. Any suggestions welcome.
The taste comes from the surface of the coil. Coils with 10 wraps of 25 G should give you about 80 percent of what the fused clapton coils give, with similar coils weight. The coils should be noisy during use. If they sizzling, they get too much energy and atomization is violent. It does not do good for the taste. Bottom airflow is always better for the taste.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

View attachment 86052

Bigger coils basically. Make them contact coils and large enough to match the post holes so you don't have to stretch. Position it so the bottom of the coil is right over the air holes

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Bigger coils basically. Make them contact coils and large enough to match the post holes so you don't have to stretch. Position it so the bottom of the coil is right over the air holes

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks Anthony. So, will 3mm be ok, or do I need to make 'em 3.5 or 4mm as well as wind 'em longer? I'm not really worried about the resistance because I've got plenty of headroom to turn the power up. I'm only running these in the picture at 30 watts. Any more than that and they're too hot and I can taste the cotton trying to scorch. Any less and they take 2-3 seconds to heat up.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks Anthony. So, will 3mm be ok, or do I need to make 'em 3.5 or 4mm as well as wind 'em longer? I'm not really worried about the resistance because I've got plenty of headroom to turn the power up. I'm only running these in the picture at 30 watts. Any more than that and they're too hot and I can taste the cotton trying to scorch. Any less and they take 2-3 seconds to heat up.
3mm is good. make them contact, double the wraps and double the watts. RDAs like that are made for bigger coils and higher watts to get the flavor out of them

VU Sponsors