Become a Patron!

I need help with my Carbon Fiber Mod!!

Hey I'm new to this site. I am also new to vaping. Well, I bought a $25 vape pen, but I could only use it for flavor. My main goal of having a mechanical mod is to be able to get that flavor but intensified and also be able to do some smoke tricks. So I want the smoke to come out very thick and zero-nicotine. However, I bought a Carbon Fiber piece of a mod, I thought it would come built already because, like I said I'm new to this mod thing, but it only came with the part that the battery goes into. I need to know what other parts I need for my mod and what specifically would fit on my piece in particular. Thanks!! Feel free to send me a message if you can help me!

Attachments

• Joykang Midnight Edition Mod.jpg
    Joykang Midnight Edition Mod.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 18

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally I would've never chose a mech mod as a new vaper...lots to learn here like ohms law and battery saftey..if you plan to drip you'd have learn how to build a RDA...a ohmeter is a must and to learn how o use it...
That part you said the batt goes in is called a mod..you'll have to buy batteries and a battery charger..
Other folks here will chime in to help as well.
Welcome to VUF..

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I understand that mechanical mods aren't for beginners but I want one sooo bad, but all I have is that part, I need help finding parts that I can put on it that are compatible with it. I need coils, cotton, e-juice, an atomizer?, a battery, and a charger. and I want it to look good on my carbon fiber mod

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand that mechanical mods aren't for beginners but I want one sooo bad, but all I have is that part, I need help finding parts that I can put on it that are compatible with it. I need coils, cotton, e-juice, an atomizer?, a battery, and a charger. and I want it to look good on my carbon fiber mod
As a new vaper all that is easier said than done. There is a lot of safety involved with a mech and it could blow up in your face if you don't understand what you're doing. Looks are unimportant compared to your personal safety, and the safety of others around you.. if you don't know anybody that can build it for you my suggestion is take it to a shop.. they can explain everything you need to know about a mech and hook you up.. Always saftey first..

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would you recommend a box mod instead?
Yes I would...it would be safer than a mech, for sure..built-in saftey features is big plus and you could run tanks on it too with no problems....lots of good choices these days on both single and dual batt box mods...

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First of all its not "smoke".. Nothing is being burned, like in a cigarette.. The coil gets hot and vaporizes the juice in the wick producing vapor..we refer to it commonly as vape, or vapor, but definitely not smoke. Lol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry I knew that I just didn't think. But which mod do you think produces the thickest vapor?
Well its a combination of both mod and atomizer...Dual batt mods have alot of power available... But the atomizer is important also ..subtanks are great for clouds without having to build a RDA..
Most all mods with at least 75w available are good for decent clouds.
Its something I just can't say get this mod and blow some clouds...

Oh okay that makes sense, so just bring my money to the vape shop and ask what my money can get me and have them explain it and build it for me?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh okay that makes sense, so just bring my money to the vape shop and ask what my money can get me and have them explain it and build it for me?
Basically... But I would look at a few box mods too..I like mechs but I like my box mods alot more..voltage is fixed in a mech, but with a VW box you can bump it up or down to find your perfect vape or "sweet spot"...just one of many advantages using a VW mod vs a mech..

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems this has been largely settled (big props to @smacksy for some great advice!), but I'd look for a regulated mod with 50+ watts of power and a refillable tank to start out with - the mod will still support crazy cloud builds if you decide to learn enough to get into that later (check out my stickied Sick Clouds Bro thread it the Help I Have Questions subforum), but any sub-ohm tank will get you blowing decent clouds right off the bat. Biggest plus - you'll be doing it safely, rather than risking turning your mod into a pipe bomb, which is a chance anyone without a healthy respect for electrical power and an understanding of Ohm's law takes when they start out with a mech mod...

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Adding this - don't just go into a shop and wave money around - if shops where you're at are anything like shops where I'm at there's a good chance the guy setting you up knows just as little about how to be safe as you do at this point, and he's just playing the law of averages that says "most" people don't end up seriously injured due to bad advice.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Adding this - don't just go into a shop and wave money around - if shops where you're at are anything like shops where I'm at there's a good chance the guy setting you up knows just as little about how to be safe as you do at this point, and he's just playing the law of averages that says "most" people don't end up seriously injured due to bad advice.
Also dont just wave your $ around bc youll prob leave with a 40$ ipow lol.

Bacong

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

just get a subox mini kit. around 70 bucks online, you need a separate battery, but you can get serious clouds and flavor with it and the new vertical coils are excellent. it's the best option for someone new who not only wants something nice and powerful, but doesn't have the expertise for building.

VU Sponsors